Future Vegeta (未来のベジータ Mirai no Bejīta) is the alternate timeline counterpart of Vegeta who appeared in the alternate timeline in which Future Trunks and Future Gohan lived. Future Vegeta is the lover of Future Bulma and the father of Future Trunks.
Future Vegeta's life was exactly the same as his main timeline counterpart's until August of Age 764 when Future Goku used the Instant Transmission to arrive on Earth and kill Future Frieza and Future King Cold. Sometime afterward, Vegeta trained and became a Super Saiyan.
Dragon Ball Z
Main articles: Trunks Saga and Perfect Cell Saga In "Mystery Revealed", Future Vegeta makes a brief cameo when Future Trunks explains to Goku about the Android threat and how they were responsible for killing all the Z Fighters leaving Future Trunks as the only Z Fighter alive in his timeline. Because of the Androids killing Future Piccolo which also killed Future Kami, Future Trunks was unable to use the Dragon Balls to wish any of his fallen comrades including his mentor and best friend, Future Gohan, back to life.
In the episode "Ghosts from Tomorrow", it is shown during a flashback that he dies after being struck by 17's Photon Flash while stuck in the ground after receiving a brutal attack. In both instances, he retains his Super Saiyan power and abilities. After his death, the Androids proceed to kill the rest of the Z Fighters except for Future Gohan and Future Trunks (Future Vegeta's only son). Because of Future Piccolo's death (and the consequent death of Future Kami), the Dragon Balls vanish permanently, rendering the deaths of Future Vegeta and the other future Z Fighters irreversible.
Dragon Ball Super
In a flashback in the "Extra Edition 1" bonus chapter of the Dragon Ball Super manga, Future Vegeta is shown fighting the Androids alongside his allies.
"Future" Trunks Saga
Main article: "Future" Trunks Saga Future Vegeta's spirit was erased when Future Zeno wiped out all existence to end Infinite Zamasu's reign of terror. His spirit still continues to exist in the new timeline Whis (in the anime) created or by Future Trunks and Future Mai (in the manga).
The History of Trunks
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks Two years later in Age 766, Future Goku is stricken with a deadly Heart Virus that has no cure. Future Vegeta, along with the other Z Fighters and company, await the news of Future Goku's health. However, Future Goku passes away and he is unable to be wished back to life with the Dragon Balls, due to his death being of a natural cause. His demise leaves Future Vegeta shocked and upset due in part to the fact that he will never get a chance to defeat his rival in battle.
Six months later, on May 12th, Age 767, the Androids attack and Future Vegeta is the second Z Fighter to be killed by them. In the TV special, Super Saiyan Vegeta is shown receiving a hard kick to the stomach by Future Android 17. He was 35 years old when he was killed by the Androids.
Future Vegeta might was the same power as his present timeline counterpart up until Mecha Frieza's arrival on Earth. Afterwards, due to being unaware of the impending threat of the androids, he did not train in preparation. This lack of foreknowledge proved his downfall, as despite still learning Super Saiyan, he was easily taken out by a heavy blow from Future 17, followed by a Photon Flash. Because his life is cut short, Future Vegeta never masters the basic Super Saiyan form and is unable to ascend past its limits.
Forms and transformations
Main article: Great Ape
Future Vegeta took this form during his battle with Future Goku, as noted by Cell in his retelling of how he obtained Vegeta's cells.
Main article: Super Saiyan
Like his alternate counterpart, sometime after the battle with Future King Cold and Future Frieza, Future Vegeta manages to transform into a Super Saiyan after undergoing various training.
Main article: Future Gogeta
Future Vegeta fuses with Future Goku to form Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, who then faces Future Trunks during his one-day on Earth in one of the scenarios in Budokai Tenkaichi.
- Dirty Fireworks - With the enemy on the ground or in the air, the user aims at his/her opponent with their outstretched index and middle fingers held together and creates a huge explosion on the opponent, inflicting a great amount of damage.
- Galick Gun - Future Vegeta's signature technique, he curls his fingers and places both his hands together at chest level facing the same direction and then thrusts both hands forward to fire a powerful blast of energy once he has gathered enough energy. He first uses this while battling Future Goku in their first fight to clash with Future Goku's Kamehameha.
- Galaxy Breaker - Future Vegeta uses this technique to kill Future Nappa after being crippled and defeated by Future Goku.
- Power Ball - An Energy Sphere used by Saiyans to mimic the presence of a full moon.
Video Game Appearances
In Dragon Ball Z: V.R.V.S., Future Vegeta appears in Future Trunks' ending, as Future Trunks' wish to Shenron is to bring him back to life.
In Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, the confrontation with Future Mecha Frieza is depicted and Future Vegeta prepares to confront him with the other Future Z Fighters, when Future Goku arrives via Instant Transmission just as his son Future Trunks surmised that he had needlessly altered history during the Trunks Saga.
- Japanese: Ryō Horikawa
- French dub: Éric Legrand
- Italian dubs: Massimo De Ambrosis (original dub), Gianluca Iacono (2003 re-dub)
- The History of Trunks
- Future Vegeta (Super Saiyan) vs. Future Android 17
- In Future Trunks' flashback, he claimed that Future Vegeta was the first to die at the hands of Androids 17 and 18, and Future Piccolo was the second. However, in The History of Trunks, it is stated that Future Piccolo was the first to die and that Future Vegeta was the second.
- In a what-if in Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2, Vegeta is the one who destroys the Androids and larval Cell.