Future Bulma (未来のブルマ Mirai no Buruma, lit. "Future Blooma") is the alternate timeline counterpart of Bulma that appeared in the special, Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks and the tail end of the Cell Games Saga. She is the mother of Future Trunks, and aside from her son, is the last surviving member of the Dragon Team in her respective timeline. She played a small and largely unseen, but very important role in the Trunks Saga through Perfect Cell Saga; creating the Time Machine that enabled Future Trunks to go back in time in the first place and warn everyone of the Androids.
Despite being in her sixties, Future Bulma has retained much of her youthful appearance, looking basically the same as her present and younger counterpart. In the anime, her hair is turquoise and always tied in a low ponytail. She wears various casual outfits when staying at home or creating her son's time machine.
After her son kills both Future Android 18 and 17 and the arrival of Future Cell, Future Bulma's hair is cut shorter and her outfit is a white openly collared jacket with a light purple undershirt, white pants and a matching open-toed sandals.
In Dragon Ball Super, Future Bulma regains her long hair but the color of her hair is blue like her present counterpart. She wears the outfit similar to the outfit she previously worn during Future Cell's arrival as her white openly collared jacket is replaced with a lab coat and her short sleeved undershirt is red with a white lines on the collar, green jeans with light green folded sleeves at the edge and brown shoes.
Due to the apocalyptic world that she raised her son in, she became much more serious than her mainstream counterpart, who was happy and rather easygoing. She is not as egotistical and is much kinder. She was easily the wiser of the two remaining Z-Fighters, attempting to convince Future Trunks to not attack the Android pair head-on, and instead use the time machine, because he may be a Super Saiyan now, but so was Gohan, and he failed. She also held the belief that if Goku was still alive he would have been able to stop the androids. (In Dragon Ball Super this statement was backed up by Android 17 himself after his sparring match with Goku where he himself stated he wouldn't have been able to beat Goku back then)
However, following the Androids defeat, aspects of her old personality resurfaced, such as her teasing her son in the anime about having a new girlfriend when he abruptly requests that she go inside due to him sensing Future Cell nearby, Despite this, she stops upon realizing the seriousness of the situation, immidiately complying with Trunks' request, showing that the peace following the Android defeat has not dulled her ability to handle herself in dangerous situations. She always respected the memory of her lover, Vegeta, as the father of her son, and she apparently still loved him up until her death. She spoke vaguely about him to Trunks but said that despite Vegeta's cold and egotistical attitude, he was a good person deep down, strongly implying she still loved him. She was later pleased to see that her perspective of him turned out to be true when hearing that he, or technically an alternate timeline version of him, made an attempt at avenging their son after watching him die.
In Super, she still retains her serious demeanor, and tells Trunks that no matter what happens to her, he must travel into the past and enlist the aid of Goku and the others. Moments before her death by the hands of Black, she still tells him not to worry about her and go on, showcasing both her determination and willingness to die if it means saving their timeline.
In Kakarot, Future Trunks hides the fact that he is training under Future Gohan a secret from her due to her disapproving of her son training to fight the Androids, out of fear of losing him like his father. As a result, her views on her son training are similar to Future Chi-Chi's, though her's are more about ensuring his survival and despite this she is still supportive of Future Gohan fighting them given his combat experience, Super Saiyan strength, and him reminding him of his father, thus her concerns regarding her son are also likely due to her son's young age and inexperience, similar to her counterpart's objections to Kid Trunks fighting villains such as Majin Buu. However she does trust her teenage son enough to allow him to go out on his own and even run errands for her as long as he stays safe. She also alerts her son and Future Gohan if any Red Ribbon Army drones are in the area so they can avoid being detected as the drones will sound an alarm if they detect any Earthlings which alerts the Androids to potential prey. She also worries for her surviving friends living in Future Master Roshi's Submarine to the point she sends them supplies via a shipping company, though when they cease operations she allows Trunks to deliver the supplies himself. After Future Gohan loses his arm, Bulma comes to realize her son has been training behind her back, though is sympathetic towards him as she knows he feels responsible for Gohan losing his arm. This leads her to letting Trunks go see Gohan, who helps Trunks overcome it via a friendly fishing contest between them. She also seems to become a bit more forgiving regarding his training with Gohan as it is suggested she knows about it but doesn't say anything.
After Gohan's death, she focuses on finishing the Time Machine and even has Trunks go to Mount Paozu to find a rare material she needs, directing him to Future Chi-Chi and Future Ox-King due to their familiarity with the area. She also notes that he is now old enough to drive and tells him she can build him a Hovercar if he provides her with the right materials (she will also construct him a Bipedal Robo Walker as well) and even encourages him to do so, as he may find it relaxing in addition to it being a right of passage for someone his age. However Trunks believes that the Time Machine is pointless and is confident that he can beat the Androids, leading to him getting into an argument with her after acquiring the material she needed before leaving to confront the Androids, only to discover he still isn't strong enough, though fortunately survives and comes to accept her plan as the right course of action.
After sending Trunks into the past and hearing about his adventures and training with Vegeta, she puts her faith in him being strong enough to defeat the Androids and when Future Cell shows up. After peace returns to their world following the Androids defeat, Bulma focuses on rebuilding the Capsule Corporation while enjoying the peace her son fought so hard for, while he has started going on patrols to keep an eye out for any potential threats to the world's peace, even though she herself doesn't think it is necessary. After Trunks encounters Future Shin and Future Kibito, he tells her something has come up and he'll be gone for a while without elaborating about the Supreme Kai's warnings about the threat of Majin Buu, though Bulma can tell by his demeanor that whatever is going on it is serious. However she accepts that he can handle the situation whatever it is, apparently putting her faith in him similar to how she used to have faith in Future Goku to handle such situations.
She assists Trunks by providing him advice and assistance whenever he needs or requests it. For example, when he seeks her advice on how to deal with the Despondent Man who is planning to kill himself overbthe death of his crush, Future Android 18. She is surprised when Trunks mentions that he isn't surprised by the Despondent Man falling in love with Future 18, due to Krillin falling in love with Android 18. After hearing the story, she points out the best way is if he talks to Future 18, though Trunks points out that is impossible (mainly due to her being dead and reviving her being out of the question). However she finishes by explaining he should have Future Oolong shapeshift into Future 18 to trick the man into believing she is still alive and have "her" talk the man down. Surprisingly, she even mentions that she once had Future Oolong transform into her to trick Future Master Roshi and even angrily admits how it ended up backfiring when he went too far without elaborating beyond that, though Trunks can tell by her reaction that it must have been pretty bad given how angry she is regarding said incident. However Future Bulma is quick to point out that Future Oolong might try to refuse and decides to give him some insurance in the form of PP Candy after he collects the ingredients for her. However she doesn't tell Trunks about what the candy does only to give it to him as soon as he sees him, then call her if he doesn't agree to help. As a result, Future Trunks unwittingly gives Future Oolong the same drugged candy she used to force him to cooperate in the past. After Future Oolong predictably refuses, he calls her over the phone and she tells Trunks the trigger word "piggy" which she has him say four times, causing Oolong to run to the Kame House bathroom. She then explains what the candy does and that it lasts for a month, much to Trunks' displeasure regarding his mother's underhanded tactics. However it works with Oolong quickly realizing she's behind it before agreeing to help and they successfully are able to get the man to reconsider. Though she accurately predicted how Oolong would react, given how angry she was remembering how he went too far with Future Roshi, it is possible that the candy was also her way of getting some revenge on Oolong in addition to helping her son save the man's life.
It is also revealed that she retains her negative views regarding Dirty magazines which seems to have gotten stronger in adulthood as in the past (back around the time of either the Saiyan Saga or before the trip to Namek) she gets so enraged at Future Krillin & Future Master Roshi when try to lie to her about looking at a Dirty magazine after she catches them doing so behind Kame House, to the point she grabs up Roshi and Krillin's entire collection, puts them in a Capsule which she throws into the ocean. Though she forgets the incident, after Future Trunks has her build a Capsule Detector to find a Old Capsule that Master Roshi needed as it contained something he wanted to offer up to Future Krillin's spirit, she remembers and quickly races over to Kame House in her airplane before Future Master Roshi can show her adult son its contents, forcing her and Roshi to explain why it ended up in the ocean to begin with. She also admonishes Roshi for trying to expose her son to such "filth" as she doesn't want him to end up like Master Roshi. This leads to another argument between her and the Turtle Hermit, which Future Turtle notes will probably go on for a while indicating he's use to such occurrences to the point he offers Future Trunks a drink while they wait for the argument to run its course. Unfortunately she fails in her attempt to get rid of the Old Capsule once again, as Roshi is able to save his collection from her wrath and she leaves in a huff though Trunks somehow manages to stay behind. Given that she is aware of the Capsule that once contained her father's private stash, it along with experiencing several embarrassing incidents due to perverts like Future Roshi and Future Oolong are likely the source of her fears regarding Trunks becoming perverted himself.
Dragon Ball Z
Future Bulma's biography was exactly the same as that of her main timeline counterpart up until the Trunks Saga in August of Age 764 when she watches as Goku travels back to Earth via Instant Transmission and kills Frieza and King Cold (something Future Trunks' arrival in the main timeline alters due to her inventing the time machine for her son to travel back in time and inform the past Goku about the Android threat).
Main article: Cell Games Saga
Later, when Future Trunks returned from the past, Bulma was disappointed at the fact that Goku died anyway by sacrificing himself to save the planet (her exact words were "That sounds just like Goku"). She was completely astonished at how Trunks told her that Vegeta had made an effort to avenge her son when he died. She remarked to herself on how the former arrogant man actually could be good deep down.
Later, when the Androids were on the move again, Future Trunks went to fight, and this time, she believed in him, and merely asked him to be careful.
Finally, as Trunks was preparing to go back in time once again to tell his friends that he managed to beat the Androids, Future Cell, in his first form, attempts to steal his time machine. Future Bulma is last seen teasing Trunks about a new girlfriend when he abruptly requests that she go inside, but quickly goes inside when she sees how serious her son is. While inside, she briefly witnesses Future Cell and Trunks confronting each other from a window.
Dragon Ball Super
"Future" Trunks Saga
Main article: "Future" Trunks Saga
In the Bonus Story 1 of the manga, Future Bulma's past during the conflict between the Future Z Fighters and Androids is shown. She ends up detecting someone has gathered the Dragon Balls and races to the battlefield in her airplane with Trunks in tow, picking up Future Gohan as he was leaving to search for the Dragon Balls before Future Piccolo died. She informs them someone has gathered the Dragon Balls and they race to stop them as they need the wish for Future Gohan's plan to use them. Unfortunately, they arrive too late and find the Future Pilaf Gang have been turned into infants including Future Mai, who notices Trunks. As the Dragon Balls fall to the ground as stone instead of scattering across the Earth, she and Future Gohan realize that Future Piccolo has been killed.
Seventeen years in the future, a man named Black goes on a rampage and brings humanity to the brink of extinction. He is encountered by her son, Trunks, but he fails in defeating him. Bulma suggests to Trunks that they should receive help from Goku and Vegeta in the world of the past. In the matter of six months, Bulma managed to gather enough fuel for a one-way trip to the past for the Time Machine. However, in the anime, Black attacks the lab, destroys some of the fuel, and kills Bulma in front of Trunks by vaporizing her with a point blank range Ki blast to her face.
In the manga, Future Bulma's death isn't shown, but after Future Trunks escapes Black in West City, he mentions to Future Mai how Bulma had gone out to clean the dust off of some solar panels, only for her to get caught by Black and killed.
Her soul was destroyed when Future Zeno erased the timeline to kill Zamasu. However, another Future Bulma is still alive in the timeline created by Whis (in the anime) or Future Trunks & Future Mai (in the manga) where Zamasu would be stopped by Future Beerus.
Her creation of the time machine and sending her son to the past to give Goku the Heart Medicine and inform him of the Android conflict lead to the creation of Cell's timeline and the main timeline. Additionally thanks to the training and battles he experienced in the main timeline lead her son to gain enough power to defeat the Androids and Cell avenging the deaths of their loved ones and bringing about a new period of peace.
Ironically it was her creation of the Time Machine that inadvertently lead to her murderer Goku Black coming into existence as he originated from an unaltered version of the main timeline created by Future Trunks and Cell that became Goku Black's timeline after Future Trunks' return to the main timeline lead Beerus to destroyed Zamasu preventing him from stealing Goku's body and becoming Black who inadvertently survived due to his Time Ring. However her notes placed in the Time Machine allowed her counterpart to repair Cell's Time Machine after Future Trunks' is destroyed. The repaired time machine would prove vital during the Dragon Team's conflict with the Zamases and would allow them to survive the future multivere's erasure that resulted in her soul being erased though her son and his lover Future Mai survived and her Time Machine allowed Future Zeno to relocate to the main timeline. Though she was erased, Future Bulma ultimately played a role in the defeat of the Zamases, through her invention and the Time Machine fuel she gave her life to acquire to allow her son to seek aid from the Dragon Team in the main timeline. Her counterpart later attempted to recreate a new Time Machine from the notes Future Bulma left behind, but Beerus and Whis caught on, and after reminding Bulma that time travel is forbidden, Beerus destroyed the nearly completed Time Machine and the notes, much to Bulma's sorrows.
The History of Trunks
Bulma is seen outside the Sons' house as Future Goku dies from a heart virus, holding the six-month-old Trunks in her arms. Six months following Goku's tragic death, two killer Androids attack on the 12th of May, Age 767. While the Dragon Team were fighting the Androids, Bulma and Gohan searched for the Dragon Balls before Piccolo died. While searching, Gohan figured out by using the Dragon Radar that all seven Dragon Balls were already in one place when suddenly, Shenron was summoned. When they arrived to the area, the Dragon Balls were used but no one seemed to be there and the Dragon Balls were turned to stone meaning Piccolo had died, and Gohan then, screamed with sorrow. All of the Z Fighters with the exception of Future Gohan are murdered by the robotic killing machines and all of the Z Fighters are unable to be wished back as the Dragon Balls are permanently useless, due to Piccolo's death which also kills Kami, and thus a new apocalyptic age dawns on Earth.
At some point, the Androids attacked and destroyed West City. Under unknown circumstances Bulma and Trunks were able to survive. They are able to evade the androids by hiding in a city that had already been destroyed. Though Gohan became a Super Saiyan due to his anger over Piccolo and Krillin's deaths, Bulma focused primarily on surviving and raising her son whom she initially discouraged from joining Gohan in fighting the Androids due to death of Vegeta and the loss of several of her friends at the hands of the Androids. However the teenage Trunks became fed up with standing by as the Androids killed innocent people, eventually joining Gohan in confronting the Androids during their attack on Super World. Unfortunately Gohan was forced to protect the inexperienced Trunks. Trunks survived thanks to Gohan giving him his last Senzu Bean, but Gohan was badly injured forcing Trunks to take the injured Gohan to Bulma who managed to save him, though Gohan lost his arm leaving him permanently handicapped. Though Bulma empathized with Gohan's struggles and was remained of Goku's selflessness, she disapproved of Trunks getting himself caught in the crossfire. However she did not stop her son from hanging out with Gohan who eventually started training him. Gohan however decided against having Trunks fighting alongside him as he trained Trunks in the hope he would one day succeed should Gohan himself perish. Gohan went to his death confident Trunks would someday avenge him and bring peace to their world.
Thirteen years later, after Gohan is killed, Bulma devised a plan to defeat the Androids that are attacking their world: She would send her son back in time and solicit past Goku's help in defeating the Androids, since he never even got a chance to fight them at all in her time. It took some convincing, but Future Trunks eventually agreed, but for his own reasons (whereas Future Bulma merely wanted the satisfaction of knowing that at least one timeline was saved, Trunks intended to find a weak spot in the Androids, so that he may not be able to revive those already dead, he could at least save those still alive). Finally, four years later in Age 784, the time machine would be completed, and Trunks would make his voyage into the past.
Second Future Timeline
While Future Bulma was killed by Black, another Future Bulma still exists in an alternate timeline created when Beerus destroyed Zamasu, which was free of Zamasu's terror after Whis warned Future Beerus of Zamasu's actions preventing the same history from repeating itself again.
In the manga, it is created by Future Trunks and Future Mai traveling back to prevent Future Shin's death (and ultimately Future Beerus' death) with the blessing of Present Beerus.
Abilities, Equipment, & Inventions
- Capsules - Like her counterpart, Future Bulma utilizes Capsules created by herself and the future Capsule Corporation.
- Hovercar - A anti-gravity vehicle used by Future Bulma to travel around the post apocalyptic Earth of her timeline in The History of Trunks. In Kakarot, she also offers to build one for her adult son three years after Gohan's death, provided he can acquire the proper materials, much like how her counterpart does for Goku and the Z Warriors.
- Bipedal Robo Walker - A portable robotic walker that resembles a motorcycle but with bipedal mechanical legs produced by the Capsule Corporation before the Android conflict. Three years after Future Gohan's death, she can build one for her son much, provided he can acquire the proper materials, much like how her counterpart does for Goku and the Z Warriors.
- Time Machine - A vehicle built and invented by Bulma capable of traveling through time as part of her plan to prevent Goku's death by having Future Trunks give him medication for his Heart Virus. Unlike the failed Time Machine invented by Tokunoshin Omori, her Time Machine is capable of traveling into the past which violates both the natural and galactic laws of the universe. However fortunately, her creation of the time machine and the one created by her counterpart in Cell's timeline, helps the Dragon Team during the Android conflict and Project Zero Mortals and the alternate timelines both machines created where allowed to remain as part of the official history by Chronoa.
- Dragon Radar - Like her counterpart, Future Bulma invented a Dragon Radar in her youth which she and her friends used to find the Dragon Balls. In the Dragon Ball Super special manga chapter, that shows what happened to her, Future Gohan, and baby Future Trunks when the Future Z Warriors where fighting the Androids, they utilize it to locate the Dragon Balls that had been collected by the Pilaf Gang though unfortunately they arrived too late and the death of Future Piccolo and Future Kami rendered it useless. However in Kakarot, Future Trunks and Future Gohan are still able to utilize its GPS functions which serve the role of the game's Area Map and Minimap.
- Tasty-Looking Mango-Flavored Candy - A special hard candy made from Purgemint and Sweet Mango which is actually a drug that causes the injestor to suffer intense bowel movements every time they hear the word "piggy". This Special Candy was originally used by a teenage Future Bulma to keep Future Oolong under control during her first search for the Dragon Balls, Future Bulma makes some for Future Trunks to use to force Future Oolong help stop a man heartbroken by Future Android 18's death from ending his life by having Future Oolong shapeshift into her and talk him out of it in Kakarot.
- Bunny costume - Like her counterpart, in her youth Future Bulma was briefly forced to borrow Future Oolong's bunny girl costume when she ran out of clothes during her first adventure searching for the Dragon Balls and wore during the incident where Oolong shapeshifted into her form to trick Future Master Roshi which she briefly alludes to having occured to her adult son in Kakarot.
- Culinary Skills - In The History of Trunks, Bulma is shown to have become a decent cook as she cooks a meal for her son and Future Gohan. In Kakarot, her culinary skills are shown to be on par with Chi-Chi (and by extension Future Chi-Chi) as she is capable of fixing both single meals to large complex Full Course Meals provided her son or Future Gohan can acquire recipes and the necessary ingredients. Additionally according to Future Oolong, the her Special Candy is rather tasty to the point he apparently didn't realize what the candy was after he ate some offered to him by Future Trunks, despite having eaten her special candy before when Future Bulma gave it to him in her youth.
Video Game Appearances
In Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, Bulma (Future) appears as a Support Item that Recovers 70 HP and all allies ATK +25% for two turns. She also appears in Story Event "Fight Against Despair" that adapts the story of her timeline and shows what happened during Future Goku's confrontation with Future Frieza and Future King Cold. It reveals that Future Vegeta, Future Gohan, Future Piccolo, and Future Krillin were about to confront the villains using Future Vegeta's planned approach on foot to avoid detection by Scouters. As a result, Future Bulma is not present when Goku mentions how he got to Earth using Instant Transmission after teleporting there as Future Trunks surmised upon learning of the technique's existence from Goku after killing Frieza and King Cold by mistake, thus explaining why Future Trunks didn't know about it as his mother was not present and apparently assumed Goku arrived via the Ginyu Force pod.
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse, she is mentioned by Future Trunks and Chronoa at certain points. According to Supreme Kai of Time, Future Bulma was the first person in the history of the universe to ever construct a functional Time Machine, resulting in Supreme Kai of Time outlawing the use of Time Machines as a threat to the stability of history and the universe. Her creation of the Time Machine resulted in Future Trunks causing the first time distortion in the history of the Universe. Supreme Kai of Time tricked Bulma's son Future Trunks into becoming her personal assistant by claiming that his use of the Time Machine was a mortal sin and to work for her as a means to atone for his and his mother's sin of creating the Time Machine. However, before she constructed the Time Machine there was no law against building or using Time Machines (save for law against Time Machines enforced by members of the Galactic Patrol which is unrelated and predates the one created by the Supreme Kai of Time) thus she and Future Trunks committed no crime nor was it a mortal sin to create one as that was just a lie the Supreme Kai of Time told Future Trunks when she tricked him into becoming her assistant. It revealed that Bulma's Time Machine had a flaw in its design that caused time distortions that lead to the creation of alternate timelines which cause the Scroll of Eternity that records history to split. The Supreme Kai of Time could have erased the changes caused by Trunks and Cell's use of Bulma's Time Machine but since things did not turn out for the worse as they had in Future Bulma and her son's timeline and because the Supreme Kai of Time understood her and Trunks' reasons were noble she decided not to. After Future Trunks became her attendant and member of the Time Patrol, Chronoa informed him and his mother about the flaw in Bulma's original time machine design and taught them how to redesign the Time Machine to remove the flaw to create Time Machines that do not create alternate timelines which she sanctioned for use by members of the Time Patrol. Future Bulma assists the Supreme Kai of Time and her son's Time Patrol by supplying Toki Toki City with robots, Scouters, Battle Armor, and the redesigned Time Machines to used in Parallel Quests and timelines inaccessible via the Scroll of Eternity. It is implied that she has taken over the day-to-day running of Capsule Corporation in her timeline while Future Trunks is off with his duties as Supreme Kai of Time's assistant and as leader of the Time Patrol. Additionally Chronoa also tends order new Future Capsule Corporation products due to her interest in technology, though unbeknownst to Future Bulma this leads to the area outside Chronoa's house in the Time Nest being littered with devices she's dismantled out of curiosity and due to Chronoa's poor house keeping, it often falls the Future Trunks to clean it up as the cleaning robot he originally brought to do the job blew up after a curious Chronoa asked it too many questions.
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 during the Unknown History Saga, the Distorted Time Eggs cause a natural time distortion in Age 780 which causes Xeno Trunks to defy the Supreme Kai of Time and fulfill his desire to aid Future Gohan in his battle with Future Android 17 and Future Android 18. Seeing Xeno Trunks in danger causes Future Gohan's hidden potential to surface giving him the power to destroy the Androids alongside Xeno Trunks, resulting in a new timeline where the Androids where killed in Age 780 by Xeno Trunks and Future Gohan. Though he knows it is wrong to alter history, Xeno Trunks decides to remain in this new timeline he created with his younger counterpart, Future Bulma, and Future Gohan. Future Gohan states that Future Bulma is going to be surprised to have another son. It is unclear if Chronoa ultimately chose to erase, fix, or allow this new timeline to remain as an alternate future timeline out of respect for Xeno Trunks. It is implied that the Future Gohan that acts as an Instructor may be from this timeline and during the Warrior of Hope Saga a incarnation of Future Gohan and Teen Future Trunks can be seen giving energy to the Sword of Hope wielded by Future Trunks of the altered Age 796 against Supervillain Grotesque Zamasu through the Rift in Time that Goku Black created previously using his Time Ring and Sickle of Sorrow. Since Future Gohan and Teen Future Trunks exist in the new timeline created by the alternate Time Patrol Trunks presumably this could be evidence that the timeline was allowed to remain (presumably due to Chronoa recognizing it was primarily her own fault for leaving the minor alterations in the official history that lead to Time Patrol Trunks meeting his master in Age 780 which lead to the time distortion produced by the Distorted Time Eggs responding to Time Patrol Trunks' desire to save Gohan and that the alternate Time Patrol Trunks saved his master primarily due to the natural time distortion the eggs produced). In the altered timeline of Age 796 seen in the Warrior of Hope Saga, the Future Bulma of that timeline is killed by Goku Black like in the original timeline though it is only referenced. When the original timeline is restored, Future Zeno erases the Future Multiverse (not the timeline as it is still recorded as part of the official history for that timeline) which erases Future Bulma's spirit like what happened in the proper history (though restoring history prevents Infinite Zamasu from gaining control over the Time Nest in Age 852 when he confronts the Time Patrol over their interference). The Future Bulma of Time Patrol Trunks' original timeline is still alive as Time Patrol Trunks is a different incarnation from his Dragon Ball Super counterpart.
"I've spotted a number of ingredients and dishes here in Conton City that you have on Earth. Wonderful! Something arranged by Bulma, perhaps? The one from the alternate timeline? I really should thank her! Ho ho ho!"
— Whis mentioning Future Bulma in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
As part of the Masters Pack DLC, Whis notes that Conton City has a number of ingredients and dishes from Earth and suspects it is something arranged by Future Bulma (whom was likely informed of Chronoa's poor cooking by her son to give the Time Patrol access to much more palatable food) and notes he should really thank her for it (given the fact Whis would not dare eat anything made by Chronoa whom he is aware is a notoriously terrible cook).
As part of the -Trunks- The Warrior of Hope DLC in Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, Future Bulma appears in the DLC which depicts the events of the History of Trunks special along with new additional storylines and side quests set in Future Trunks' timeline. In addition to performing R&D like her main timeline counterpart does during the main story, during the DLC story she acts as Full-Course Meal Cook (a role filled by Chi-Chi in the main story) and Training Room (run by the Female Researcher in the main story). As a result, she can often be found in the Capsule Corporation's hidden Underground Laboratory that she and Future Trunks call home. In addition to the main story of the DLC, she assists Future Trunks in various Sub Stories as he usually goes to her when in need of her advice and/or technical expertise.
- Japanese: Hiromi Tsuru † (all Dragon Ball media until Super), Aya Hisakawa (DBZ: Kakarot onwards)
- Latin American Spanish dub: Rocío Garcel (DBZ, DBZ Kai and DB Super), Mónica Manjarrez (DBZ ep. 194 and The History of Trunks)
- European Portuguese dub: Cristina Cavalinhos
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Tânia Gaidarji (most media), Raquel Marinho (The History of Trunks - first dub)
- German dub: Claudia Urbschat Mingues (DBZ), Carmen Katt (DBZ Kai & DBS)
- Italian dubs: Francesca Guadagno (original dub), Emanuela Pacotto (2003 re-dub)
- French dub: Céline Monsarrat
- Polish dub: Agnieszka Fajlhauer (DBS)
- Greek dub: Matina Karra (DBZ), Emi Stilianidou (History of Trunks)
- Future Bulma's invention of the Time Machine is the second time an invention of Bulma's has unintentionally endangered both the Earth and the universe due to it violating the natural order of the universe, despite her noble intentions. The first technically speaking was the Dragon Radar which allowed the Dragon Balls to be overused and become overloaded with negative energy giving raise to Black Smoke Shenron and the Shadow Dragons in Dragon Ball GT. Fortunately, due to Future Kami's death the Dragon Balls of her timeline were rendered inert, averting their potential overuse giving rise to the Shadow Dragons in Future Bulma's timeline.
- However her creation of the Time Machine and her counterpart creation of the Time Machine from Cell's timeline proved vital during the Project Zero Mortals conflict in Age 796 and saved the lives of Future Trunks, his girlfriend Future Mai, Present Vegeta, her counterpart Present Bulma, and Present Goku when Future Zeno destroyed the Future Multiverse due to the irreparable actions (as the Namekian and Super Dragon Balls were destroyed and the other gods save for Future Zeno killed by the Zamases) of the Zamases and the threat possessed by the immortal Infinite Zamasu. It also allowed Future Zeno to relocate to the main timeline where he befriended his counterpart and allowed Future Trunks and Future Mai to relocate to an alternate future timeline where Future Shin and Future Beerus' deaths were prevented allowing them to deal with the threat posed by the Zamases.
- Because of its importance during said conflict, during the Warrior of Hope Saga in Xenoverse 2, Chronoa has the original Future Warrior protect Future Trunks' Time machine when Goku Black misuses the Time Ring to alter history which leads to him destroying Future Trunks and Time Machine before it can leave Age 796, as its destruction violates the official history despite the Time Machine producing time distortions due to its unknown design flaw. However, when it is destroyed by Goku Black in the main timeline, there is no need to correct it as that was a part of the official history and Bulma had Cell's Time Machine which she would repair using her counterpart's notes (which likely explains why Chronoa left in Cell's alterations to history) and Chronoa permits its use or destruction as long as its use does not contradict the official history.
- Additionally, despite the creation or use of time machines is normally being taboo among the gods, Future Zeno ironically had no problem traveling in one, though given he had erased his multiverse he was likely bored and would not mind traveling to another timeline as it ultimately allowed him to meet his counterpart whom he befriended. Due to Future Zeno's exalted status among the gods, his use of Future Bulma's time machine was not a violation as he is Chronoa's superior and none of the other gods would dare question it due to his position. However, the erasure of Future Bulma's soul in the erased Future multiverse could ironically count as a form of divine punishment for creating the Time Machine which unintentionally played a role in her murderer Goku Black coming into existence.
- In Xenoverse, it is mentioned that she is running the day-to-day operations at Capsule Corporation, and is supplying Toki Toki City with her inventions. In Xenoverse 2, it is also implied by Whis that the Future Bulma's company provides ingredients and dishes from Earth for Conton City as well in addition to other products. It is also implied in the series that Chronoa is one of their company's big customers as she likes to order the latest technology due to her own fascination with technology.
- However, she is not the only incarnation of Bulma to assist the Time Patrol as her Dragon Ball Super main timeline counterpart visits Conton City in Xenoverse 2 and constructs the Hero Colosseum using data she collected during her first visit to the city.