This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forum → Episodes||Post|
I would like to put this discussion about episodes to a vote. Currently, they are listed as "the one hundred twenty-third episode", however I would like to change it to "the one hundred and twenty third". What do you guys think? Place your name in the relevant section.
1. With the and?
- SuperTienchaTalk Contributions - I personally would prefer it to be written as "the 123rd episode".
- 04:44, May 18, 2010 (UTC)
2. Without the and?
- --==> DragonBall.Z GT Goku Talk Contributions.
- -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib.
22:40, June 13, 2010 (UTC)
- ASSJ R GThe Ultra ThunderEdit Countcontribs 22:27, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
AFAIK, the "and" is used in British english, and not in American english, when referring to numerals. Given the fact that this Wiki is focused mainly on the American english dubs, the most consistent thing would be to NOT add the "and". However, the "and" doesn't sound bad at all, but as I'm not a native English speaker, I'm not so sure about it...--Sega381 16:54, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
- No problem, thanks 17:06, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
- i shall go wid 'and' since i'm also british. TheDarkPrinceReturns! 19:30, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
This should not have been put to a vote. The Manual of Style dictates that we use American English, and in American English the "and" would not be included. Thus, within our articles, the "and" is not included in numbers written as such. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 19:32, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree. In American English, "and" is only used when describing the fractional component (if one exists) of the number. For example, "one hundred twenty-four and three tenths" for 124.3. It's preferred not to use the word in integral numbers. -- 21:24, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
Apologies, I guess it's just weird for us to read it like that, it just doesn't make sense in the way we would say it10:24, May 18, 2010 (UTC)