Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ (ドラゴンボールＺ 復活の「Ｆ」, Doragon Bōru Zetto Fukkatsu no "F"; lit. "Dragon Ball Z: Revival of "F") is the nineteenth Dragon Ball movie and the fifteenth under the Dragon Ball Z branding, released in theaters in Japan on April 18, 2015 in both 2D and 3D formats. It is the first film to have been presented in IMAX 3D, and also receive screenings at 4DX theaters.
On March 15, 2015, FUNimation acquired the rights to screen the film in North America with an English Sub World Premiere on April 11, 2015 in the Egyptian Theatre in Los Angeles. An English Dub version of the film is set to have a limited premiere across North American theaters August 4-12, 2015. Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ is set to premier in 70 different countries.
Peace has returned to Earth following the battle with God of Destruction Beerus in the previous movie. With their power dwindling due to the absence of their leader, the remnants of Frieza's army are led by an alien named Sorbet, who decides to revive their master. He then sets off to Earth with one other minion, Tagoma, where they convince Emperor Pilaf, Mai, and Shu, who have collected the Dragon Balls to let them summon Shenron instead. As Shenron is unable to fully revive Frieza, he brings him back to life in pieces, and his minions put him together using their advanced technology. As soon as Frieza's body is regenerated, he emerges in his first form and announces to his soldiers that he will not be satisfied until Goku and Future Trunks have both been killed. Tagoma suggest to Frieza that he should just ignore Goku and the other Saiyans. Frieza, irritated, kills Tagoma with a quick Ki blast. Sorbet informs Frieza that Goku's power has surpassed that of even Majin Buu, which is far more than Frieza could have ever imagined. But due to him being a prodigy, Frieza states that through several months of serious training, he will be able to unlock his dormant power and would be able to wipe out the Saiyans in the blink of an eye.
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman travels to earth to warn Bulma that Frieza is approaching. In response, Bulma gathers the Z Fighters in order to fight him. Gohan doesn't tell Goten and Trunks about the fight, because he feels they might do something rash. Yamcha and Chiaotzu (who sensed Frieza's revival earlier) are asked by Tien to stay away from the fight as he fears that Frieza's new power may be too dangerous for them to handle. Majin Buu is also absent, for he is in a deep sleep. Goku and Vegeta are training on Beerus' planet with Whis, unaware that Frieza has been revived.
Gohan, Piccolo, Tien, Jaco, Krillin, and Master Roshi clash with an army of at least a thousand of Frieza's soldiers, led by Shisami. Frieza's power in his first form is said to be in a different league than the Z Fighters present on Earth, for he was able to knock out Gohan with a single blast.
Bulma's message eventually reaches Whis, and Goku and Vegeta travel back to earth to fight Frieza. Whis and Beerus join them in order to eat a strawberry-flavored dessert Bulma has prepared for them. Goku fights Frieza in his new "Saiyan beyond God" state and Frieza cannot win in his fourth form at full power. Goku then transforms into Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan and Frieza transforms into a new "Golden Frieza" form. Goku ultimately gains the upper hand, but he is blasted in the chest by Sorbet. Frieza stands over the incapacitated Goku and offers Vegeta a chance to kill Goku for him in exchange for his own life. Vegeta refuses and transforms into a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan as well, much to Frieza's shock. Vegeta tells Krillin to revive Goku with a Senzu bean. As the latter moves to do so, Frieza attacks him, but Vegeta intercepts and deflects Frieza's attack towards Sorbet, which kills him. Vegeta attacks Frieza, eventually causing him to revert back to his fourth form, who then realizes that he cannot win. Frieza decides to destroy the planet, killing Vegeta in the process.
Earth is destroyed, but Whis creates a bubble around a small piece of rock to protect himself, Beerus, Bulma, Krillin, Gohan, Goku, Master Roshi, Piccolo, Tien and Jaco. While Bulma despairs, Goku expresses his regret that he didn't kill Frieza when he had the chance. Whis tells him that he has the power to set back time but only three minutes earlier. He does so, and they arrive back right before Frieza destroys the Earth. Goku immediately attacks with a God Kamehameha and kills Frieza. Once Frieza returns to Hell, he is mocked by the Angels of Hell, who greet him back home.
The film takes place about a year after the events of Battle of Gods, in Age 779. It is stated to be set about five years before the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament, in Age 784. Serving as a sequel to Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, it is placed between the chapters 517 and 518 of the manga.
Development and production history
The original series author, Akira Toriyama, is once again credited with the original concept, script, and drawing character designs for the film. In the September 2014 issue of the Weekly Shōnen Jump, Toriyama says that, although he did not plan on it, he is not only putting a lot of effort in drawing the art, but also "fussing over the smallest dialogue lines." He promises more action scenes, and teases that the story will be "utterly funny." To emphasize the effort he has put into this new film, Toriyama says that even his first manga editor praised him on the work he has done, even though this editor rarely ever does that. The film tells a story brand new to the series, set after the events of the previous movie, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, with the series author writing it as a continuation of the Dragon Ball manga serialization. In a previous interview featured in the March 2014 issue of Saikyō Jump, Akira Toriyama said that, in the event that there is talk of another animated film after Battle of Gods, he would like Vegeta to play the main role; however, he added that this is nothing more than intentions, and he had not yet made such a decision. Additional news surfaced featuring a trailer portraying Frieza fighting Goku as well as a legion of Frieza's army being set loose. 
Two new characters who will appear in the movie are Sorbet and Tagoma. Both follow the fine nuances of the name puns in the last film as Sorbet gets his name directly from the frozen dessert "sorbet", while Tagoma's name is derived from the Japanese word tamago (卵), meaning “egg”. As with all of Frieza's minions, elites, mercenaries, and soldiers, as described by Akira Toriyama in the Super Exciting Guide volumes, the names are "unified as food items that one puts inside [a refrigerator]."
Akira Toriyama got the idea for the movie after listening to the song "F" by Maximum the Hormone, and as a way of paying tribute and saying thank you for the idea, he put the "F" in the movie's title as a reference. A new poster for the Jump Festa 2015 features Frieza in his first form, Zarbon, Dodoria, Cui, Jeice, Burter, Recoome, Guldo, Captain Ginyu, and Vegeta as a tribute.
In February 2015, it was revealed that Frieza was imprisoned in Hell following his death. It was also revealed that the pop idol group Momoiro Clover Z will be featured in the film, playing a new group of characters, the "Five Angels of Hell".
In December 2014, Toho Cinemas collaborated with Resurrection "F" for a television commercial promoting their Cinemileage Card. In it Frieza explains how the card program works and Goku's yelling of Frieza's name appears as a pun on the word "free."
As part of a collaboration with the J. League Division 1 football team Yokohama F. Marinos, a special poster with players mimicking the film's own was displayed in promotion of their matches with Vegalta Sendai on April 12 and Shonan Bellmare on April 25, 2015.
In March 2015, a collaboration between Toei Animation and Kirin Company spawned two dance parody commercials tying Resurrection "F" with Kirin's Mets cola beverage, with the grape flavor advertisement featuring Frieza and his henchmen, and the orange flavor ad featuring Goku and the other heroes.
A collaboration with Curry House CoCo Ichibanya will run from April 1 to May 31, 2015. Anyone with a receipt of over ¥1,000 from one of the restaurants can send it in to enter a merchandise lottery, where they can win exclusive items such as shot glasses and a platter featuring Goku eating curry.
Vegeta's, Goku's, and Frieza's new forms from the movie are playable characters in the video games Dragon Ball Zenkai Battle Royale, Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butōden and Dragon Ball Xenoverse. 
The first 1.5 million film goers will receive a book called Dragon Ball Volume F (ドラゴンボール 巻「Ｆ」), which includes Toriyama's complete script for the movie as well as design materials. They will also get either a Goku or Vegeta card for the Dragon Ball Heroes arcade game and a certificate that gives them access to exclusive content for five different Dragon Ball video games.
|Character Name||Voice Actor (Japanese)||V.A. (Portuguese - Brazil)||V.A. (Spanish - Mexico)||V.A. (English - FUNimation)|
|Goku||Masako Nozawa||Wendel Bezerra||Mario Castañeda||Sean Schemmel|
|Vegeta||Ryo Horikawa||Alfredo Rollo||Rene Garcia||Christopher Sabat|
|Gohan||Masako Nozawa||Vagner Fagundes||Luis Alfonso Mendoza||Kyle Herbert|
|Piccolo||Toshio Furukawa||Luiz Antônio Lobue||Carlos Segundo||Christopher Sabat|
|Krillin||Mayumi Tanaka||Fábio Lucindo||Eduardo Garza||Sonny Strait|
|Tien Shinhan||Hikaru Midorikawa||Alexandre Marconatto||Ismael Larumbe||John Burgmeier|
|Bulma||Hiromi Tsuru||Tânia Gaidarji||Rocio Garcel||Monica Rial|
|Videl||Yuko Minaguchi||Melissa Garcia||Carola Vázquez||Kara Edwards|
|Master Roshi||Masaharu Sato||Gileno Santoro||Miguel Angel Sanroman||Mike McFarland|
|Frieza||Ryusei Nakao||Carlos Campanile||Gerardo Reyero||Chris Ayres|
|Sorbet||Shirō Saitō||Pedro D' Aguillón Jr|
|Tagoma||Kazuya Nakai||Ricardo Tejedo|
|Beerus||Koichi Yamadera||Marcelo Pissardini||José Luis Orozco||Jason Douglas|
|Whis||Masakazu Morita||Felipe Grinnan||Arturo Castañeda||Ian Sinclair|
|Oracle Fish||Shōko Nakagawa||Rita Almeida||Alondra Hidalgo||Monica Rial|
|Shenron||Ryūzaburō Ōtomo||Jonas Mello||Abel Rocha||Christopher Sabat|
|Pilaf||Shigeru Chiba||Élcio Sodré||Yamil Atala||Chuck Huber|
|Shu||Tesshō Genda||Fadu Costa||Miguel Ángel Leal||Chris Cason|
|Mai||Eiko Yamada||Leticia Quinto||Susana Moreno||Colleen Clinkenbeard|
|Pan||Yūko Minaguchi||Jussara Marques||Circe Luna||Susan Huber|
|Android 18||Miki Itō||Eleonora Prado||Cristina Camargo||Meredith McCoy|
|Angels of Hell||Momoiro Clover Z|
|Jaco||Natsuki Hanae||Bruno Coronel||Todd Haberkorn|
|Future Trunks (Flashback)||Takeshi Kusao||Marcelo Campos||Sergio Bonilla||Eric Vale|
|Narrator||Jōji Yanami||António Semedo||José Lavat||Doc Morgan|
Like the previous film, the music in Resurrection ‘F’ was composed by Norihito Sumitomo. The film's theme song is "Z no Chikai" (「Z」の誓い "The Oath of Z") by the idol group Momoiro Clover Z, with a Toei producer saying each member is a fan of the series. The theme song will be released as a single on April 29, 2015 and include a cover of Hironobu Kageyama's "Cha-La Head-Cha-La", the original opening theme of Dragon Ball Z. Maximum the Hormone's 2008 song "F" appears in the film during a fight scene. The film's original soundtrack, containing 32 tracks, will be released on May 8, 2015.
- Insertion Song (IN):
- "F" by Maximum the Hormone
- Ending Song:
- "Z no Chikai" ('The Vow of Z') by Momoiro Clover Z
- Goku (Saiyan beyond God) and Vegeta (Saiyan beyond God) vs. Whis
- Ultimate Gohan, Piccolo, Jaco, Krillin, Tien, and Master Roshi (Max Power) vs. Frieza Army (1,000 Frieza Soldiers)
- Piccolo vs. Shisami
- Ultimate Gohan (Super Saiyan) vs. Shisami
- Ultimate Gohan (Super Saiyan) vs. Frieza (First Form)
- Goku (Saiyan beyond God) vs. Frieza (Fourth Form)
- Goku (Saiyan beyond God) vs. Vegeta (Saiyan beyond God)
- Goku (Super Saiyan God SS) vs. Golden Frieza (Ultimate Evolution)
- Vegeta (Super Saiyan God SS) vs. Golden Frieza (Ultimate Evolution/Fourth Form)
- Goku (Super Saiyan God SS) vs. Frieza (Fourth Form)
- Pressure Point Attack - Used by Whis against Vegeta.
- Super God Fist - Used by Goku against Whis in the manga.
- Death Beam - Used by first form Frieza in order to destroy East City.
- MAX Power Kamehameha - Used by Max Power Master Roshi to defeat a group of Frieza Soldiers.
- Tri-Beam - Used by Tien to defeat a group of Frieza Soldiers.
- Destructo Disc - Used by Krillin to cut the the top off a mountain to defeat the Frieza Soldiers beneath it.
- Hellzone Grenade - Used by Piccolo to defeat a group of Frieza Soldiers.
- Special Beam Cannon - Used by Piccolo.
- Gekiretsu Madan - A continuous Ki Blast Wave used by Gohan on Frieza Soldiers.
- Instant Transmission - Used by Goku to teleport with Vegeta from Beerus' temple to East City surroundings.
- Killer Ball - Used by Final Form Frieza to attack Goku.
- Energy Wave - Used by Frieza to attack both Goku and Vegeta.
- God Kamehameha - Used by Goku several times against Frieza.
- Golden Death Ball - Used by Frieza against Goku.
- Emperor's Death Beam - Used by Golden Frieza against Goku.
- Emperor's Edge - Used by Golden Frieza against Goku.
- Continuous Kamehameha - Used by Goku against Golden Frieza.
- Death Saucer - Used by Golden Frieza against Goku.
- Super God Shock Flash - Used by Goku against Golden Frieza.
- Bad Ring Laser - Used by Sorbet to mortally wound Goku.
- Big Bang Attack - Used by Vegeta in an attempt to eliminate Frieza.
- Repeating Death Beams - Used by a desperate Frieza to destroy planet Earth.
- ↑ Information Page on Natalie
- ↑ V-Jump, March 2015
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Weekly Shōnen Jump #9, January 27th, 2014
- ↑ Interview with Akira Toriyama - Saikyō Jump #3, 2014
- ↑ Video: "Dragon Ball Z — Resurrection of F" 1st teaser
- ↑ http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-02-03/2015-dragon-ball-z-film-casts-momoiro-clover-z-idols/.84028
- ↑ 
- ↑ "Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection of F" Promotes Toho Cinemas Membership Card (2014-12-08). Retrieved on 2015-03-04.
- ↑ 2015 Dragon Ball Z Film Gets 3-Chapter Manga Adaptation (2015-01-16). Retrieved on 2015-01-16.
- ↑ 俊輔が悟空に！！映画「ドラゴンボールＺ 復活のＦ」と合体 (Japanese). Sports Nippon (2015-02-27). Retrieved on 2015-02-26.
- ↑ キリン メッツCM 「キリン メッツ グレープ フリーザ」篇 15秒. Kirin Company. Retrieved on 2015-03-03.
- ↑ キリン メッツCM 「キリン メッツ オレンジ 悟空」篇 15秒. Kirin Company. Retrieved on 2015-03-03.
- ↑ ドラゴンボールZ×CoCo壱、カレー食べる悟空の大皿など当たる (Japanese). Natalie (2015-03-12). Retrieved on 2015-03-15.
- ↑ V Jump. May 2015 issue. Shueisha. Retrieved 2015-03-21.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Resurrection 'F' Version Frieza Joins Dragon Ball Xenoverse Game as DLC (2015-03-26). Retrieved on 2015-03-26.
- ↑ Dragon Ball Volume 'F' to Include 2015 Film Script by Toriyama (2015-03-07). Retrieved on 2015-03-07.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 映画「ドラゴンボールZ」主題歌ジャケで、ももクロがDBキャラ風に (Japanese) (2015-04-08). Retrieved on 2015-04-09.
- ↑ Maximum the Hormone Performs 'Battle Song' for 2015 Dragon Ball Film (2015-01-04). Retrieved on 2015-01-04.