Dragon Ball Volume ‘F’ is a supplementary guidebook for the movie Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’.
It was authored by Akira Toriyama, and gives details on the characters and new forms in the movie. It also contained the movies' original script, which had some deviations from the final version.
Additionally, it contained an interview with Toriyama. In the interview he noted that as the author he found it easier to write for Dragon Ball films than a scriptwriter would, as he could freely mess around with things he had previously established. He also made reference to his preference of introducing characters in pairs.
The interview also gives several back-up story details:
- Goku was the one who asked Whis to train him in return for tasty food, with Vegeta coming along so as not to be left in the dust.
- Goten and Trunks were not brought to the battle due to the warriors not wanting to risk the next-generation and Mr. Satan was not brought along due them not thinking he would be any help at all.
- The Galactic Patrol are afraid of Frieza since he easily defeated them previously.
- Beerus and Frieza were previously friends and destroyed things together. However at one point Frieza got carried away and so got beaten up by Beerus in return.
- The cover is a reference to Dragon Ball Volume 41 "Last Hero Standing!".