The original series author Akira Toriyama once again provides the original concept, writing the script, and drawing character designs for the film. His involvement in this movie is more active than previous movies.
It was suggested to Akira Toriyama by his editor to have Broly appear in the movie. After watching the previous Broly movies, Toriyama decided that Broly could be quite interesting if he arranged some things about him.
While keeping the original Broly, Toriyama stated that he added a new side of his character and thought it will be a more fascinating Broly. The story also was also said to revolve to a larger scale and very dramatic.
- This is the first Dragon Ball movie since Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan that has no major involvement of Tadayoshi Yamamuro as the animation director and storyboard.
- Most of the staff are returning from One Piece Film Z.
- As of the last episode of the Universe Survival Saga, it and the movie shares the same tagline which is "Saiyans have no limits".
- This will be the first Dragon Ball movie to fall under the lineup of Dragon Ball Super, as Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ and Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods were marketed under the Dragon Ball Z lineup, prior to the announcement of Dragon Ball Super.
- This marks Broly’s true canonical debut.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Dragon Ball 2018 movie. kanzenshuu (December 16, 2017).
- ↑ "Dragon Ball Super" Anime Film Dated with "One Piece Film Z" Director at the Helm. crunchyroll (March 12, 2018).
- ↑ Toriyama's comment on Broly. twimg (Jul 9, 2018).
- ↑ Toriyama's continuing comment on Broly. twimg (July 9, 2018).
- ↑ Herms' translation on Toriyama's comment about the movie and the future of the Dragon Ball Super series.. Twitter (March 12, 2018).