|Dragon Ball: The Return of Son Goku and Friends!|
Dragon Ball: The Return of Son Goku and Friends!
|Genre||Shōnen, Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Bangsian Fantasy|
Manga Series: Dragon Ball: The Return of Son Goku and Friends!
March 21st, 2009 – April 21st, 2009
Dragon Ball: The Return of Son Goku and Friends! (ドラゴンボール オッス！帰ってきた孫悟空と仲間たち！！ Doragon Bōru: Ossu! Kaette Kita Son Gokū to Nakama-tachi!!, literal meaning "Dragon Ball: Yo! The Return of Son Goku and Friends!!") is the manga adaptation of the OVA, Dragon Ball: The Return of Son Goku and Friends!, illustrated by Naho Ooishi and overseen by Akira Toriyama, consisting of two chapters.
The manga was adapted out of the Dragon Ball: The Return of Son Goku and Friends! animated special. It was illustrated by Naho Ooishi since original author Akira Toriyama found it too much of a pain to do it himself, though he oversaw her storyboards and offered advice on changes. He believed that the finished product was better than the animated special, which he felt was lacking in some areas.
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
Differences from OVA
The manga version has several differences.
- Tien Shinhan and Chiaotzu are present at the party.
- There is no radish picking contest to decide the fighter, instead Chi-Chi and Bulma tell Goku and Vegeta to allow Goten and Trunks to fight.
- Abo and Kado are easily defeated by Goten and Trunks, never fighting back with techniques like Cloning.
- Gotenks uses his Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack against Aka, immediately followed by his Dynamite Rolling Thunder Punch.
- Aka never uses the Wahaha no Ha, instead immediately using the Super Wahaha no Ha. Additionally the attack is aimed at the surrounding area and not the Z Fighters, so no one blocks it.
- Yamcha comments that the Flaming Wahaha no Ha has enough power to destroy Earth.
- "A Message from Akira Toriyama and Naho Ooishi" introduction page