"I wish I had the courage to tell 8 that I planted the bomb. I had no choice. They would have killed the villagers if I didn't. Perhaps someday I can tell him the truth."
The doctor has puffy blue hair, tanned skin, and wears a yellow coat.
Red Ribbon Army Saga
Main article: Red Ribbon Army Saga
Dr. Flappe makes his first and only appearance of the series in the Dragon Ball episode "The Secret of Dr. Flappe". After Goku and Android 8 conquer Muscle Tower, the two of them and Suno set out to remove the bomb implanted in Eighter's chest. Suno informs Goku that they should visit Dr. Flappe, an expert in machines.
After a last-ditch attempt by Ninja Murasaki to steal the Dragon Balls, a successful operation on Eighter, and a great scare as the bomb is very nearly dropped, Android 8 is safe from the Red Ribbon Army's clutches once more. Dr. Flappe, at the very end of the episode, silently admits his cowardice and longing to tell Eighter that he was the one who placed the bomb inside him in the first place. He vows to confess some day.
- Japanese: Jōji Yanami
- Latin American Spanish dub: Gerardo Reyero
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Gileno Santoro (DB 1996 dub), Waldir de Oliveira (DB 2002 dub)
- Dr. Flappe's name is derived from the word "frappe".
- In the anime, Toei Animation added this doctor into the story in order to showcase the mastermind behind Android 8's creation. Bearing in mind that Dr. Gero was yet to be created as a character in the Androids Saga and be the chief scientist of the Red Ribbon Army and the one true person behind the creation of the Androids, Daizenshuu 7 addresses this inconsistency by stating that Dr. Flappe and Dr. Gero might have been colleagues in charge of the Red Ribbon Army's Android Development Program.
- In Dragon Ball: Origins 2, Dr. Flappe's role in the removal of Android 8's bomb is omitted, instead, it is removed by Arale Norimaki's creator, Senbei Norimaki.