This article is about the
He works as a voice-over artist in France, notably appearing in the Rayman video game franchise. He has also had small roles in several major movies, such as The Transporter (2002) and Arthur and the Invisibles (2006).
Rand frequently voiced villainous characters in the AB Groupe dub of the Dragon Ball Z films, such as Broly, Cooler (Movie 5 only), Garlic Jr., Android 13, Dr. Wheelo and Bojack. Other roles he has voiced include:
- Future Trunks
- Vegeta/Future Vegeta (History of Trunks and movie 5)
- Tien (movie 3)
- Tournament Announcer
- Mr. Popo
- Android 17
- Sansho (shared with David Gasman and Ed Marcus)
- Gyoshu and Kakuja
- Bardock (movie 5)
- Baby Broly (shared with Jodi Forrest)
- Much like how Paul Bandey and Ed Marcus were referred to as "The Old Bastard" by fans on YouTube for using an almost-identical voice that sounded very aged, Doug Rand has been nicknamed "The Guy Who Is Trying Too Hard to Sound Cool" for using exaggerated cartoonish voices for Tien, Turtle, and the Bio-Men and for speaking very quickly when voicing Android 17 and Garlic Junior.
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z Big Green Dub - Best of the Guy Who is Trying Too Hard To Sound Cool Editor's Choice. YouTube (September 23, 2015).