The Demon Supreme Kai were first introduced in the second Dragon Ball: Super Exciting Guide, which was released in 2009.
As a Demon God Demigra wears green colored Potara earrings, and only Supreme Kai can wear these. In the Dark Demon Realm Mission manga Demigra states that he will become the new Supreme Kai of Time. In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 during the Infinite History Saga, in an alternate timeline created by Fu, Demigra is Supreme Kai of Time and leader of the Time Patrol instead of Chronoa. In the Universe Creation Saga it is confirmed that Demigra's earrings are Potara.
During the Universe Creation Saga, it is confirmed that Salsa of the Demon Realm Race wears Potara earrings which he supplies to Goku and Vegeta so they can fuse into Vegito - indicating that Salsa is a Demon Supreme Kai.
- Though never directly addressed as "Makaioshin", there are hints that Mechikabura may be a Demon Supreme Kai. Originally, several of Demigra and Mechikabura's concept designs depict them with Supreme Kai clothing. In his prime Mechikabura wears green colored "Potara" earrings, and only Supreme Kai can wear these. He also wears Supreme Kai clothing. In the past Mechikabura was also a candidate for becoming Supreme Kai of Time. Mechikabura is also the Dark King - the Demon Realm's absolute ruler ranking above the King of the Demon Realm; seemingly the same role as the "Makaioshin" under a different name.
- Demigra's secretary Robelu wears green colored "Potara" earrings, indicating she may be a Demon Supreme Kai.
- A Master of the Demon World is mentioned by Dabura in Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai, with the Demon King noting that Janemba resembles them.
- The English terms usually used in Dragon Ball are "Demon" for "魔" (Ma), and "Supreme Kai" for "界王神" (Kaiōshin)
- Dragon Ball: Super Exciting Guide, 2009
- Dragon Ball Chozenshu 1: Story and World Guide
- Dragon Ball Super Exciting Guide: Character Volume. kanzenshuu.
- Demigra, Mechikabura and Chronoa's old concept designs.