Members of the race vary in appearance, the most numerous seem to be almost identical to humans but with different colored skin and pointy ears (usually, uncommonly members of the race will have rounded ears), while there are also some who possess more square faces (like Dabura and Gravy). The known skin colors for the race are: red, light blue, dark blue, light pink, light purple, lavender, gray and pale white.
It is heavily implied that they are Demon Realm Core People.
Members of the Demon Realm race tend to be more powerful than average, and are generally shown to possess exceptional potential skill in magic. Even non-combative members such as Demon Realm pop idol Pipila, are shown to be capable fighters, indicating that they possess a natural aptitude for violence, possibly the result of their demonic nature.
Members of the Demon Realm race are able to achieve a Darkness form, either through taking in the special energy of the Demon Realm, or a replica of that energy. Towa is the only known user of this form.
After gathering enough kiri, the wizard Demigra turned into a Demon God, after becoming a Demon God he also possesses the ability to transform further using every ounce of his divine power and take on a monstrous Final Form referred to as Demigra Final. However, he can go even further beyond this using his Makyouka Form. The Demon God transformation can also be gifted upon to member of the race by Mechikabura.
Due to their Saiyan DNA, the hybrid Demon-Saiyans Mira and Fu are also capable of transforming into a Super Saiyan, however due to being Demon-Saiyan hybrids composed of primarily Demon DNA, they gain their own unique version of the first Super Saiyan form called Super Fu. The lead up to this form is a Berserk state. Mira can also transform by absorbing his creator Towa. If he absorbs his creator Towa while both are in their base forms he gains a powerful form that resembles a tail-less Super Saiyan 4. If he absorbs Demon God Towa while in his Super Mira form, his Towa absorbed form gains the ability to sprout wings from his back allowing him to fly naturally thus no longer has to use ki to fly.
Known members of the race
- Gravy – Demigra's ally and one of the strongest mages.
- Putine – Demigra's ally and one of the strongest mages.
- Dabura – King until being taken by Babidi. He is actually an outcast from the Demon Realm. Is later killed by Majin Buu in Age 774.
- Demigra – A wizard of the Demon Realm race, who ascended to become a Demon God.
- Mechikabura – Master of Towa and the leader of the Dark Empire.
- Shula – Appears in the episode "Goku Goes to Demon Land". As the King of the Demon World.
- Melee – A female demon who appears in "Goku Goes to Demon Land".
- Master of the Demon World - An entity mentioned by Dabura in Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai - Another Road.
- Towa – A female demon scientist. One of the main villains in the video games Dragon Ball Online, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. Later ascended to become a Demon God.
- Halto - A demon swordsman who deeply desires strength.
- Pipila - A female Demon Realm idol and member of the Majin Superstar Troupe PePiLu who is currently very famous in the Demon Realm. She ends up in the Timespace Rift and takes part in the Timespace Tournament accidentally, thinking it was a concert hall, but still fought. An Offworlder character in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Rubee - A demon who acts tough but is actually timid.
- Mirayo - A beautiful melee combat queen who once dominated the Demon Realm.
- Yamma - An evil martial artist, he excels at using odd powers, such as spewing ice and fire, and paralyzing foes.
- Salsa - Demon God of the Dark Empire.
- Shroom - Dark Empire's god of death.
- Partial members
- Mira – An artificial male Demon created by Towa. One of the main villains in the computer video game Dragon Ball Online and video game Dragon Ball: Xenoverse. He is the new Demon King following the death of Dabura. He is not a pure member of the Demon Realm race, as he is a Demonic Android who possesses the DNA of several races including the Saiyans, though base template is Demon race, like his creator.
- Fu – The "son" of Mira and Towa. He will have an important role in the Dragon Ball Online story when he grows up. Shows up in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 DLC 6 and the Super Dragon Ball Heroes update.
- Churai – A female Time Breaker, identical to Julia.
- Julia – A female Time Breaker, identical to Churai.