Demon God (魔神 Majin), known as Demon Goddess in English when under the usage of a female, is an advanced state of being that can be taken on by Demons by gathering a lot of kili or by having Mechikabura grant it to them.
Other races aside from the Demon Realm race have achieved this form via Demon God intervention: Majins capable of absorption like Xeno Majin Buu can obtain the form by absorbing a Demon God, with it being known as "Dark Demon God" under his usage, Xeno Syn Shenron also achieved the form when he was gifted power by Demigra.
Usage and power
In this state, the user's hair or horns rise, grow, and become wilder and they gain markings near their eyes. The user also gains a tool (staff, hammer, or sword) which they merge with when undergoing their next transformation, the crystal orb in their weapon can also be used as a communication device as shown by Gravy and Shroom. A Demon God can return to their base form if severely injured, as shown when Towa was knocked out by Dark Broly, though they can re-take their Demon God form at will once recovered. For some (such as Chamel) the Demon God mode consumes a lot of strength and cannot be used for long. Some of the Demons who gained this form thanks to Mechikabura lost the ability to use the form upon his sealing (Towa, Salsa and Putine), while others appear to have retained it (Dabura and Gravy).
In the manga it takes time for the true power of the Demon God form to fully adapt to its user's body, notably when Salsa's power was not stabilized he could not even budge Rampaging Xeno Turles, but after it stabilized he could defeat even Dark Demon God Buu - who had absorbed Evil Demon Xeno Janemba.
When this form has fully stabilized, the user's ki and magic power both rise dramatically to the level of gods, and they are granted godly ki. However, despite his great power boost in the form, Demon God Demigra was noticeably scared of the power that Ultimate Gohan possessed, indicating that its power may be weaker than Ultimate Gohan's. However, after absorbing Tokitoki, Demigra's Demon God form became strong enough to go toe-to-toe with Super Saiyan 3 Goku (who had recently obtained the power of a Super Saiyan God).
The Dark King of the Demon Realm Mechikabura possesses Demon God power which he can grant to others.
At some point, around seventy-five million years before Dragon Ball Xenoverse, the mage Demigra managed to gather a large amount of Kili and was permanently turned into a Demon God. Much later, the revived Mechikabura grants Towa, Putine, Gravy, Xeno Dabura, Salsa and Shroom the form.
When Xeno Majin Buu absorbs Demon God Dabura during their battle, he transforms into Dark Demon God Buu. He also further powers up by absorbing Evil Demon Xeno Janemba.
While in the Time Labyrinth, Mechikabura evolves his subordinates' Demon God forms into a second version, making them more powerful. Mechikabura also grants the Demon God power to Towa's creation, the Majin Fin.
A superior version of the Demon God state utilized by the Dark Empire's Demon Gods following their escape from the Time Labyrinth. Mechikabura is able to grant this state after reclaiming his place as Dark King.
The Dark Demon God avatars' are capable of using the Super God Class-up to achieve the second version of the Demon God state.
Dark Factor Input
Main article: Dark Factor
A vastly superior version of the ordinary Demon God state attained by utilizing Dark Factor Input.
Main article: True Demon God
By using every ounce of their divine power, a Demon God is also capable of a further transformation into a monstrous true form referred to as "Final Form" or "Dark Form". This form is far more powerful but has different flaws depending on its user.
Main article: Transcended Demon God
Main article: Dark King
Mechikabura's perfect state as the "Dark King" is a Demon God form.
Thanks to Towa infusing him with the Dark King's dark factor, Fu also achieves this state.
Time Power Unleashed
Main article: Time Power Unleashed
By absorbing space-time energy using his Chaos Ball, Mechikabura gained the ability to take on the Time Power Unleashed form on top of his perfect Demon God state.
Ultra Instinct Sign
By utilizing the Ultimate Class-up, the Dark Demon God Avatars can achieve the Ultra Instinct Sign state, though they retain their Super God Class-up attire. In this state, they have silver eyes though beyond their eye color, their Ultra Instinct Sign form retains the traits of their second version of the Demon God state.
Video Game Appearances
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- Dragon Ball Heroes
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
- Lucifer and Hirudegarn are both referred to as Demon Gods, though it is unknown if they possess the same state as Demigra and the Dark Empire's Demon Gods, or if this is simply a title. The latter is more likely as they do not have the special features that members of the Demon Realm race have as a Demon God, nor do they appear to be members of the Demon Realm race.
- In Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2, one of the obtainable items to power up characters is referred to as "God of Demons" and is said to give the one equipped with it the power of a Demon God.
- Demon Goddess Robelu is currently the only known standard Demon Goddess or Demon God to possess a Tail (which takes the form of a classic spade-shaped design commonly associated with demons in popular media) outside of the True Demon God and Transcended Demon God forms used by Demigra.
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
- 【Vジャンプ6月特大号】ドラゴンボール情報！. Youtube (April 20, 2016).
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Dark Demon Realm Mission! chapter 2, "Dark Dragon Ball"
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Dark Demon Realm Mission! chapter 10, "Time of the Dark Demon Realm's Resurrection"
- Salsa bio twitter
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Dark Demon Realm Mission! chapter 6, "Ruler of the Dark Demon Realm"
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Dark Demon Realm Mission! chapter 8, "The Dark Giant"
- "The New Universe"
- Dragon Ball Super Card Game (2017)