It was later adapted into the second saga of Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Dark Demon Realm Mission!. It is preceded by the Dark Demon Realm Saga.
It is composed of several sub-stories:
- Demon God Towa
- Dark Demon God Buu
- Advent of Mechikabura
- Janemba: Xeno
- Super Namekian
- Broly Dark
- Mechikabura Revival
Demon God Towa
Towa uses energy stolen from strong people in order to revive her grandfather Mechikabura, however his body is old and he cannot move well. Towa tells him to use the Dark Dragon Balls to wish for youth so that he can take revenge on Chronoa, however the Dragon Balls scatter. Mechikabura notices one of them as it heads away, crossing space-time. Towa decides to go and get it but Mechikabura tells her to wait, deciding to grant her Demon God powers first.
It is soon apparent that a Dark Dragon Ball ended up on Namek in Age 762 (during the climax of the Battle of Namek). The ball having fused with the tyrant Frieza: Xeno, empowering him to the point that he could overwhelm the newly transformed Super Saiyan Goku - even without using his 100% Full Power. The Time Patrol realize that this is altering history for the worst, and so Trunks: Xeno and Goku: Xeno head back to deal with the problem. Goku: Xeno teams up with his past self and the two attack the now full power Frieza: Xeno together, as Frieza: Xeno holds the two Kamehameha back, Trunks: Xeno quickly slices him in half and he loses the Dark Dragon Ball, restoring history to normal as Super Saiyan Goku defeats the non-Dark Dragon Ball Frieza: Xeno.
However, Demon God Towa manages to collect the Dark Dragon Ball - though Mira is killed by Trunks: Xeno during the process - and brings it back to the Demon Realm with her, where she meets Mechikabura, who reveals that he has summoned more Demon Gods to aid in the search for the Dark Dragon Balls.
Chronoa discovers two changes in history and decides to split into two groups, she goes with Goku: Xeno, and Trunks: Xeno goes with a new helper - who turns out to be Vegeta: Xeno. Vegeta: Xeno tells Trunks: Xeno that he will prove he is the strongest, not Goku: Xeno. Vegeta: Xeno wants to get going immediately, but Chronoa tells him that they all must pose first, Vegeta: Xeno ignores and tells her that they should just get going.
Vegeta: Xeno and Trunks: Xeno arrive back in time, and Vegeta: Xeno gives Trunks: Xeno a device from Bulma that can locate the Dark Dragon Balls. The device leads them to the Cell Games arena, where they see the Z Fighters defeated by Cell: Xeno, who has a Dark Dragon Ball. Vegeta: Xeno easily beats down Cell: Xeno and then destroys most of his body with a Final Flash, shocking Trunks: Xeno with his strength. Vegeta: Xeno prepares to finish Cell: Xeno but is suddenly attacked by Demon God Gravy before he has the chance. Trunks: Xeno catches him as he is sent flying and then places the Potara Earrings he obtained from Chronoa onto himself and the unconscious Vegeta: Xeno, fusing the two into Vegeks: Xeno. At the same time Gravy and Putine discuss how great their Demon God power is.
Vegeks: Xeno suddenly appears, striking Gravy and announcing his identity, Gravy attempts to attack again but he is easily knocked down by Vegeks: Xeno, angering him. Putine states that they must take them down, as they may get in the way in the future. However both parties are surprised as Cell: Xeno begins to undergo a Dark Evolution.
Cell: Xeno using the power of Dark Evolution transforms into Cell-X, a hulking giant of a being with multiple Spider-like legs that dwarves Vegeks: Xeno in size. Whilst Vegeks: Xeno is focused on Cell-X, Gravy takes the opportunity to hit Vegeks: Xeno from behind, knocking him to the ground. Happy with catching Vegeks: Xeno off guard, he too is then caught from behind by an attack from Cell-X who swiped him to the ground, Vegeks: Xeno having quickly recovered, suddenly attacks Gravy and they battle briefly before Vegeks: Xeno is grabbed by Cell-X and both he and Gravy are crushed as the weight of Cell-X comes crashing down on them both.
With both injured and annoyed at Cell-X getting in the way of their battle, they briefly put aside their fight and attack him in unison with the resulting attack wiping out Cell-X for good. Suddenly Vegeks: Xeno diffuses leaving Vegeta: Xeno and Trunks separated once again. As Gravy goes in for the finish on the two Saiyans they are suddenly teleported away by Chronoa's magic as Gravy wonders where they went.
Meanwhile, a battered and bruised Goku: Xeno stands off against Majin Buu: Xeno with numerous beings and a spaceship surrounding them.
Dark Demon God Buu
Goku: Xeno faces off against Majin Buu: Xeno having now merged with the Three-Star Dark Dragon Ball in battle. As the Dark Empire Forces surround them on all sides, Demon God Dabura: Xeno descends onto the battlefield and soon attacks Majin Buu: Xeno with his objective to steal the dark Dragon Ball from him. Withdrawing a sword he slices Majin Buu: Xeno in half before turning his attention towards Goku: Xeno who rushes in to attack him. However whilst Dabura: Xeno is preoccupied with Goku: Xeno, Majin Buu: Xeno takes Dabura: Xeno by surprise and absorbs him, transforming him into the more powerful Demon God Buu.
The Dark Empire Forces rush at the newly formed Buu: Xeno but they along with their ships are quickly eradicated by Majin Buu: Xeno before he turns his attention on Goku: Xeno. He attacks Goku: Xeno and appears to have the upper hand. Chronoa appears on the battlefield having transported both Trunks: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno along following their battle with Cell: Xeno and Gravy. Trunks: Xeno intercepts a blow from Majin Buu: Xeno that was meant for Goku: Xeno then turns Super Saiyan in an attempt to hold buy the others some time. Chronoa removes her Potara earrings and gives them to Goku: Xeno and the reluctant Vegeta: Xeno which transforms them into Vegito: Xeno.
Vegito: Xeno immediately steps in between the battle involving Majin Buu: Xeno and Trunks: Xeno. Vegito: Xeno and the empowered Majin Buu: Xeno begin fighting where they prove to be a match for each other, exchanging blows on both sides. Vegito: Xeno fires his Spirit Sword directly at Majin Buu: Xeno but before it reaches him the attack is blocked by the sudden appearance of Chamel.
Meanwhile, in another Dimension, Turles: Xeno who has merged with the Four-Star Dark Dragon Ball encounters Salsa who has shown up alongside Mechikabura and the Dark-Masked King in order to recover his Dark Dragon Ball.
Advent of Mechikabura
On the Sacred World of the Kai, the sudden appearance of a mysterious person has caused confusion. Irritated by the interference Majin Buu: Xeno attacks him. At the Tree of Might, Mechikabura alongside Salsa and the Dark-Masked King stand opposite Turles: Xeno who has merged with the Four-Star Dark Dragon Ball and plan to retrieve it for their own purposes. On Mechikabura's order the Dark-Masked King steps forward and attacks Turles: Xeno, knocking him backward into the Tree where he then eats a piece of its fruit and gains a significant boost in power from it and causes him to undergo a Dark Evolution transformation.
Digging his hand into the ground he tosses a large rock towards Mechikabura and Salsa with the latter using his sword to cut the rock into pieces. He gets behind Turles: Xeno and lands a kick to the nape of his neck but Turles: Xeno remains unharmed much to Salsa's surprise. Turles: Xeno kicks him back towards Mechikabura who asks Salsa what he thinks of his opponent to which Salsa tells him that Turles: Xeno's strength is on par with or even greater than that of a Demon God. Impressed Mechikabura says that once all seven of the Dark Dragon Balls are recovered it will be enough to fully restore him. Turles: Xeno charges towards the pair but Mechikabura raises his hand and fires a Ki blast that levels the surrounding area, destroying both the Tree of Might and presumably Turles: Xeno along with it. Recovering the Four-Star Dark Dragon Ball he turns and begins to leave, their mission a success but not before telling the Dark-Masked King that the power he put forth was not good enough.
Back at the Sacred World of the Kai, Vegito: Xeno has now diffused back into Goku: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno. Chronoa starts to panic over Majin Buu: Xeno and the other warrior having escaped and Goku: Xeno tells them he can no longer feel their ki and presumes that they are no longer in that time period.
The foe suddenly appears before them all, unscathed from the earlier attack from Majin Buu: Xeno and Trunks: Xeno readies himself for an attack but the Supreme Kai stops him and asks what his scheme is. The foe says that there is no scheme and that they are useful to have around, saying he doesn't expect or need their trust before hinting that Hell is becoming agitated.
Chronoa uses a spell to transfer Goku: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno's injuries on to herself so that they along with Chamel can continue their pursuit of Majin Buu: Xeno who has fled to Hell.
In a version of Age 774, Towa who has appeared in Hell along with the Grim Reaper Shroom to retrieve the Five-Star Dark Dragon Ball from Janemba: Xeno easily defeats that timelines Goku.
Shroom calls upon a Grim Reaper Soldier who appears from a portal in the ground and attacks Janemba: Xeno. When Janemba: Xeno attempts to retaliate with a kick, the soldier grabs a hold of his leg. Shroom then uses his Scythe to cut through the two of them in one swipe. Janemba: Xeno however rematerializes gaining more power than before due to the Dark Dragon Ball.
This time, Shroom goes in for the attack personally and while at first Janemba: Xeno is able to put up a decent fight he is ultimately cut in half again and the Dark Dragon Ball falls to the ground.
However, before Towa can retrieve the ball, Goku: Xeno, Vegeta: Xeno, and Chamel show up in front of them. Chamel vows to destroy Towa and Shroom with Towa commenting that Chamel had betrayed them after all. Chamel tells Goku: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno to attack Shroom while he deals with Towa and they all begin to battle.
Suddenly the Dark Demon God Buu: Xeno who still has the Three-Star Dark Dragon Ball merged appears and using a detached part of his body absorbs Janemba: Xeno to undergo another transformation.
Meanwhile, Goku: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno struggle against Shroom as they have little strength after having their souls mowed, one of Shroom's special abilities.
With little other choice, Goku: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno use the Fusion Dance to become Gogeta: Xeno and transform into a Super Saiyan before urging Shroom to fight him again.
Meanwhile, at the Time Nest, Chronoa having recovered from her injuries and having a good rest claims that she now has the energy back that is needed to summon a new helper.
Gohan: Xeno and Trunks: Xeno travel back through time in order to find the source of the disturbance that has altered the timeline, the Dark Dragon Ball. They are suddenly attacked from behind by Slug: Xeno who having used his Great Namekian form has grown to the size of a building. Gohan: Xeno and Trunks: Xeno narrowly avoid the blast and notice that Slug: Xeno has merged with the Six-Star Dark Dragon Ball.
Gohan: Xeno asks Trunks: Xeno to stand back and let him take on Slug: Xeno himself and begins whistling which harms Slug: Xeno due to his highly sensitive hearing. Open to attack, Trunks: Xeno prepares an attack in order to retrieve the Dark Dragon Ball but before he can, numerous portals open up around Slug: Xeno. The Dark Demon God Buu: Xeno having recently absorbed Janemba: Xeno begins attacking Slug: Xeno. As Gohan: Xeno and Trunks: Xeno comment on the surprise appearance of Buu: Xeno, they are joined by another, Towa who has also come to retrieve the Dark Dragon Ball for herself having already obtained two others just recently.
Chamel having followed Towa also appears and sides with Gohan: Xeno and Trunks: Xeno. Towa acknowledging the difficulty of the situation she is in, uses her magic to cause Slug: Xeno to undergo a Dark Evolution causing his size to multiply even further. Towa, happy with how events are now playing out voices that she is happy that she studied Putine's powers in order to be able to control darkness and prepares herself to retrieve the Dark Dragon Balls from Slug: Xeno and Buu: Xeno whilst also recovering her brother Dabura: Xeno.
Slug: Xeno attacks Gohan: Xeno, Trunks: Xeno, and Chamel but the attack does no damage thanks to Chamel creating a protective barrier in the nick of time. Gohan: Xeno suggests that Trunks: Xeno merge with him to which he agrees and the two perform the Fusion Dance to become Gohanks: Xeno who immediately goes on the offensive due to them only having 30 minutes before they defuse. However, Gohanks: Xeno is unable to do any damage to Slug: Xeno due to his overwhelming size.
Meanwhile, Towa battles Majin Buu: Xeno until she is suddenly attacked from below by Chamel. The attack causes Towa to drop her guard and Buu: Xeno goes in for the kill but is intercepted by the appearance of Salsa who has also brought along Turles: Xeno who promptly kicks Chamel away. Towa asks Salsa why he has shown up to which he responds that he has no honor left after shaming Mechikabura previously.
Salsa says that his power as a Demon God has adapted to his body better than it had before and with his new found might, eradicates the bodies of Buu: Xeno and Slug: Xeno with his Trick of Tornado which causes the Dark Dragon Balls to become loose and Dabura: Xeno to return. Towa recovers the Dark Dragon Balls and her brother and then teleports away much to Chamel's frustration.
In the Demon Realm, Gravy and Putine report to Mechikabura that Towa and the others have successfully recovered three of the Dark Dragon Balls and Dabura: Xeno. Please, Mechikabura tells them to inform Towa to see him when she returns and to also bring a mask which is used to be used for their chained prisoner, Broly Dark who has merged with the Seven-Star Dark Dragon Ball.
In Hell, the battle between Super Saiyan Gogeta: Xeno and Demon God Shroom rages on with neither having a clear advantage. When a dark portal opens up above the two, the time limit for Goku: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno's Fusion runs out. When Goku: Xeno flies off to head through the portal, Shroom attempts to stop him but Vegeta: Xeno intervenes by grabbing his Scythe, allowing Goku: Xeno to get away while Vegeta: Xeno faces off against Shroom alone.
In the Demon Realm, Towa and Paragus: Xeno attempt to defend themselves from an out of control masked Broly who is using the Super Saiyan 4 transformation and also merged with the Seven Star Dark Dragon Ball but find themselves completely outmatched. Meanwhile Mechikabura watches on in amusement from above on his throne with King Vegeta: Xeno, Gravy, Putine, and Salsa standing alongside him. Goku: Xeno then appears, having come through the other side of the portal and upon seeing him, Broly Dark goes into a fit of rage and attacks Goku: Xeno immediately, Towa and Paragus: Xeno take the opportunity to attack Broly Dark but Paragus: Xeno is punched hard, knocking him through the same portal that Goku travelled through. Broly then turns his sights once again on Goku knocking him to the ground hard with a punch, Towa fires a blast at him from out of her staff which hits him the back. Broly Dark turns around and hits Towa hard enough to send her crashing into a nearby wall where she then falls out of her Demon God form and back into her Base form.
Suddenly Mira in his Berserk form appears having also travelled through a dark portal which shocks both Salsa and Putine who thought that he had been killed earlier by Trunks: Xeno. Mira turns to face the now unconscious Towa and absorbs her which allows him to undergo a new and more powerful transformation and when Broly Dark rushes in to attack him, Mira is easily able to stop his attack with his palm.
Seeing the ongoing battle between the two, Goku: Xeno powers up into his Super Saiyan 4 state as well and heads into battle as all three fighters battle it out against one another at the same time. The three prove to all be on par with each other and end the battle each with a large beam of energy causing a huge explosion that knocks out Goku: Xeno and Broly Dark, causing his Dark Dragon Ball to fall out of his chest. Mira is the only one left standing, battered and bruised, now having released Towa from his body, he now holds both her and the Dark Dragon Ball in his arms.
Bardock: Xeno arrives on an asteroid and sees a broken Time Breaker mask on the ground, noting he came because he sensed something and wonders if Towa and Mira are up to something again.
Paragus: Xeno, who had been flung through a wormhole by Broly Dark, arrives and is encountered by the Dark-Masked King who had been sent to recover him, however Paragus: Xeno's Time Breaker eyepatch had broken and so he was no longer under control, he fights back against the Dark-Masked King but is easily overwhelmed.
Bardock: Xeno saves Paragus: Xeno and calls the Dark-Masked King weak for not having broken out of the mind control like Bardock: Xeno had in the past. However the masked king suddenly does, revealing that he is King Vegeta: Xeno and that he had allowed himself to be mind controlled in order to gain the power and now he has gained control of the darkness. He then reveals his intentions to go back in time to before the Genocide of the Saiyans to eliminate Frieza and Beerus and asks Bardock: Xeno and Paragus: Xeno to rejoin him.
Bardock: Xeno acknowledges the difference in strength between the two of them but still he refuses, finding the notion of changing history worthless and that they must accept the past. He picks up his broken mask, putting it back on in order to become stronger due to the darkness but this time he is able to resist and uses the power as his own to transform into a Super Saiyan 3. As they fight, Paragus: Xeno stabs King Vegeta: Xeno in the side, but is in turn obliterated by the Saiyan king.
Super Saiyan 3 Bardock: Xeno and King Vegeta: Xeno then fire two huge energy waves at each other creating a mighty explosion. Meanwhile, in the Demon Realm, the Dark Dragon Balls have all been gathered and Mechikabura is preparing for his wish.
In Hell, Vegeta: Xeno continues his battle against the Demon God, Shroom. As Shroom goes in to finish off the worn out Vegeta: Xeno, he is suddenly attacked by Gotenks: Xeno who appears through a dark portal followed by Chronoa, Chamel, and Gohan: Xeno. Outnumbered, Shroom retreats through the same portal back to the Demon Realm. Chronoa uses her magic abilities to temporarily rewind Vegeta's injuries and meanwhile notices that the dark portal is beginning to close and asks Chamel to use his magic to open it back up so they can enter through it.
In the Demon Realm, Mechikabura thanks his subordinates, Gravy, Putine, Towa, Salsa, Mira, Dabura: Xeno, and his Demon Realm Soldiers for having finally gathered together all seven of the Dark Dragon Balls and summons the Dragon known as Dark Shenron. The others soon sense a large formation of Ki and realize that the Time Patrol, now also with Goku: Xeno, have come to the Demon Realm. Not wanting the Time Patrol to intervene, the soldiers swarm the group but the combination of Gotenks: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno, no longer restricted from using Super Saiyan 4 due to their location in Demon Realm, quickly overwhelm their forces. Chamel soon steps in, transforming into his Demon God form and uses his magic to suck all the soldiers in through a portal and to an unknown location on the other side.
Most of the forces are wiped out but Towa says it's too late anyway as Dark Shenron suddenly emerges and Mechikabura asks the Dragon to give him the strength that he once had in his peak. However Dark Shenron states that due to Mechikabura having such a large quantity of power, it will take him some time to restore it all. Chronoa spotting the Dragon urges the rest of the Time Patrol to hurry and stop them before the wish is granted.
The members of Chronoa's Time Patrol face off against Mechikabura's Demon God subordinates as Chronoa attempts to head directly to Mechikabura and Dark Shenron but she is halted by Dabura: Xeno who gets in her way. Gotenks: Xeno suddenly appears and hits Dabura but then immediately defuses back into Goten: Xeno and Trunks: Xeno, their time having run out. Goten: Xeno holds off Dabura: Xeno as he tells Trunks: Xeno to go on ahead with Chronoa.
Meanwhile, Vegeta: Xeno battles Gravy but finds that his previous injuries have already returned. Goku: Xeno too, is struggling due to being low on energy from his recent battle with Mira and Broly Dark and so with little other choice the two fuse together into Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta: Xeno thanks to the help of Chamel buying them some time by trapping their adversaries in barriers. Chamel realizes that his secret plan to steal the Dark Dragon Balls has now ended in failure but hopes for the Time Patrol to stop Mechikabura from reaching his previous power.
Chronoa, due to help from Trunks: Xeno is able to reach Mechikabura who has now regressed in age, back to his youth and has gained back his previous power. In response, Chronoa releases all the power that she has collected and undergoes a new transformation and uses her powers to transport both herself and Mechikabura out of the flow of time entirely.
Suddenly the other members of the Time Patrol return to the Time Nest, confused as to what had just happened. Trunks: Xeno notices that the Demon Realm in it's entirety has disappeared after looking at one of the time scrolls. In another location, Chamel is shown kneeling before Demigra who says that it is time for them to make their move. Back at the Time Nest, Trunks: Xeno hands over time crystals to the others that had been given to him at an earlier time by Chronoa and explains that they are needed in order to visit other era's. The Time Patrol then vow to go and save Chronoa.
Game and Manga differences
- The revival of Mechikabura is shown to be through stolen energy, while in the game it is not, seemingly implied to be through the Dark Dragon Balls.
- It is revealed that the brainwashed Dende created the Dark Dragon Balls, something not shown in the game.
- The fight between the Dark Empire and the Time Patrol over the One-Star Dark Dragon Ball is much shorter and greatly differs from the game as well, as Trunks is the only one to ever fight the Empire, Towa and Mira are the only people to fight him, Mira is killed by Trunks, and Towa immediately retreats soon after.
- Future Trunks in the manga arrives with Vegeta: Xeno in order to combat Cell. While in the game, Trunks instead brings Beat, Note, and Goku: Xeno.
- The fight with Cell and the Demon Gods is almost completely different between the game and the manga.
- In the game Goku is present, and turns into Super Saiyan 3. The manga instead introduces Vegeks when Vegeta and Future Trunks fuse.
- Cell doesn't create Cell Jr. in the manga.
- Putine fights alongside Cell in the game, giving the Cell Jr. the Villainous Mode power up. Putine doesn't join the battle in the manga, and Gravy joins forces with Vegeks to destroy Cell-X.
- In the manga, Chronoa teleports Vegeta and Trunks to help Goku: Xeno, who is struggling with Kid Buu and the Dark Empire Forces.
- While the beginning of the game has Dabura face Buu, the manga instead has Goku who facing off against Buu.
- Chamel comes much later in the manga, albeit without his team.
- The entire fight between Vegito and Buu is never shown in the game.
- The introduction of Xeno Turles is much sooner in the manga, with Mechikabura and his group there to retrieve the Dark Dragon Ball in his chest.
- The manga greatly differs from the game in this chapter, as many events that happen in the battle against Turles are very different.
- The Time Patrol is not present when Mechikabura and his team try to retrieve the Dark Dragon Ball from Turles, instead ending with Turles' demise against Mechikabura.
- How the Dark Evolution transformation occurred in Turles is also different compared to the manga. While the Dark Evolution miraculously happened when time passed by in the game, in the manga Turles' cause for transforming was the result of eating the Fruit of the Tree of Might.
- Turles' henchmen are not present in the manga.
- The Time Patrol rest in the Sacred World of the Kai. In the manga however, Chamel arrives and tells them that Hell is becoming more and more agitated.
- The Time Patrol is not present when Mechikabura and his team try to retrieve the Dark Dragon Ball from Turles, instead ending with Turles' demise against Mechikabura.
- In the manga version Chamel fights alongside Goku and Vegeta. In the game opening, it is Beat who is alongside them instead.
- Towa is there with Shroom in the manga to retrieve the Dark Dragon Ball but in the game Shroom attempts to retrieve the ball alone.
- In the manga, Shroom fights against Janemba and ultimately prevail after cutting him in half. In the game however Janemba easily defeats Shroom.
- In the manga, Goku and Vegeta fuse together in order to fight Shroom. In the game they fuse together in order to fight Janemba instead.
- In the game and manga, Dark Demon God Kid Buu appears and absorbs Janemba to undergo a further transformation. The game's opening did not show this, however the following game opening shows that Buu did absorb Janemba at some point.
- In the manga, only Gohan and Future Trunks appear in this timeline and they are soon assisted by Chamel. In the game opening, they are also joined by Chronoa and Beat and Chamel does not appear at all.
- Lord Slug's henchmen appear in the game, where they use the Villainous Mode power up.
- Lord Slug only appears in his Great Namekian form in the manga, whereas he initially fights in his base form in the game.
- In the manga, Towa uses her magic to put Lord Slug through a Dark Evolution while he is in his Great Namekian form. In the game, she performs this magic while Lord Slug is in his base form.
- In the manga, Salsa shows up after Gohan and Future Trunks have fused into Gohanks and when Towa is fighting the Dark Demon God Buu. In the game opening, Salsa is alongside Towa from the beginning.
- In the game opening, Beat and Future Trunks are there alongside Goku in the battle and were defeated prior to him becoming Super Saiyan 4. In the manga, they do not appear at all.
- In the game opening, Towa does not revert to her Base form when hit by Broly unlike in the manga.
- In the manga, the events take place inside of a castle of sorts, this is like what happened in the PV trailer but unlike the game itself where they take place outdoors.
- In the manga, Mechikabura and all of his followers are there witnessing the battle. In the PV trailer, only the Dark-Masked King is there with Mechikabura and in the game opening none of them are there at all.
- In the manga, Super Saiyan 4 Goku joins the battle after Broly and Mira had already begun fighting. In the game, it is the other way around and Mira joins the fight after Goku and Broly start fighting.
- In the game, Bardock's fight against the Dark-Masked King happens during the Time Patrol's final battle with the Dark Empire. In the bonus chapter of the manga, the battle takes place before Dark Shenron is summoned..
- In the game opening, Chamel is not present on the side of the Time Patrol and in his place, Beat is there. In the manga, Chamel is involved and Beat never appears in the manga at all.
- In the game opening, Vegeta and Goku fuse immediately, before the fighting begins. In the manga, they fight individually at first but due to being either injured and exhausted they fuse together mid way through the battle.
- In the game, Mira reabsorbs Towa during the final battle with the Time Patrol.
- In the game, Demigra fought alongside the other Demon Gods during the final battle.
- In the game opening, Chronoa is shown transforming when matched up against Towa. In the manga, she does not undergo this transformation until she reaches Mechikabura and never confronts Towa.
- Chamel's secret alliance with Demigra only exists in the manga.
- Goku (Super Saiyan) vs. Frieza: Xeno
- Goku (Super Saiyan), Future Trunks and Goku: Xeno vs. Frieza: Xeno
- Future Trunks vs. Towa and Mira
- Vegeta: Xeno vs. Cell: Xeno (Perfect Form)
- Vegeta: Xeno vs. Gravy (Demon God)
- Vegeks: Xeno vs. Gravy (Demon God)
- Cell: Xeno (Cell-X) vs Gravy (Demon God)
- Vegeks: Xeno vs. Gravy (Demon God)
- Vegeks: Xeno and Gravy (Demon God) vs. Cell-X
- Goku: Xeno vs. Majin Buu: Xeno
- Dabura (Demon God) vs. Majin Buu: Xeno
- Goku: Xeno vs. Dabura (Demon God)
- Goku: Xeno vs. Majin Buu: Xeno (Dark Demon God)
- Future Trunks (Base/Super Saiyan) vs. Majin Buu: Xeno (Dark Demon God)
- Vegito: Xeno vs. Majin Buu: Xeno (Dark Demon God)
- Majin Buu: Xeno (Dark Demon God) vs. Chamel
- King Vegeta: Xeno (Dark-Masked King) vs. Turles: Xeno
- Salsa (Demon God) vs. Turles: Xeno (Runaway)
- Mechikabura vs. Turles: Xeno (Runaway)
- Janemba: Xeno vs. Grim Reaper Soldier
- Janemba: Xeno vs. Shroom (Demon God)
- Goku: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno vs. Shroom (Demon God)
- Chamel vs. Towa (Demon God)
- Chamel vs. Shroom (Demon God)
- Slug: Xeno (Great Namekian) vs. Gohan: Xeno and Future Trunks
- Gohanks: Xeno vs. Slug: Xeno (Super Giant Form)
- Towa (Demon God) vs. Majin Buu: Xeno (Dark Demon God/Janemba absorbed)
- Gogeta: Xeno (Super Saiyan) vs. Shroom (Demon God)
- Broly Dark vs. Towa (Demon God) and Paragus: Xeno
- Broly Dark vs. Goku: Xeno, Towa (Demon God), and Paragus: Xeno
- Broly Dark vs. Mira: Dark Empire (Towa Absorbed) vs. Goku: Xeno (Super Saiyan 4)
- King Vegeta: Xeno vs. Paragus: Xeno
- Bardock: Xeno (Base/Super Saiyan 3) vs. King Vegeta: Xeno
- Vegeta: Xeno vs. Shroom (Demon God)
- Gotenks: Xeno, Vegeta: Xeno (Super Saiyan 4) and Chamel (Demon God) vs. Dark Empire Forces
- Gotenks: Xeno vs. Towa (Demon God) and Mira: Dark Empire
- Chamel (Demon God) vs. Salsa (Demon God)
- Gohan: Xeno vs. Putine (Demon God)
- Vegeta: Xeno (Super Saiyan 4) vs. Gravy (Demon God)
- Goku: Xeno (Super Saiyan 4) vs. Shroom (Demon God)
- Gotenks: Xeno vs. Dabura (Demon God)
- Goten: Xeno vs. Dabura (Demon God)
- Gogeta: Xeno (Super Saiyan 4) vs. Gravy (Demon God)
- Goten: Xeno (Super Saiyan) vs. Shroom (Demon God)
- Gohan: Xeno (Super Saiyan) vs. Towa (Demon God), Dabura (Demon God) and Mira
- Chamel (Demon God) vs. Shroom (Demon God)
- Future Trunks (Super Saiyan 3) vs. Dark Empire Forces
- Future Trunks vs. Dark Shenron
|2||"Dark Dragon Ball"|
|4||"The Unknown Cell"|
|5||"Dark Demon God Boo"|
|6||"Time of the Dark Demon Realm's Resurrection"|
|7||"The Fifth Demon God a Man Known as the Grim Reaper"|
|8||"The Dark Giant"|
|9||"The Ultimate Violence that Destroys Everything!!"|
|10||"Everything will be solved in Hell!!"|
|Bonus||"The Masked Warriors"|
- The manga, the animated video game openings and the PV game trailers show events that are similar but not exactly the same.
|Dark Empire Saga|
|← Dark Demon Realm Saga||Prison Planet Saga →|
|2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • Extra 1|