Grand Supreme Kai resembles the fat form of Majin Buu that his absorption would eventually create. He has pink skin and the same pointed ears as his other kin, as well as a mohawk similar to Shin's but of a darker bluish color. His outfit consists of the shirt and trousers usually worn by Supreme Kais but without the regal tunic-like garment over the top. He wears an orange knotted cloth around his waist, as well as the same navy and yellow waistcoat and purple cape as Fat Buu. Also like Fat Buu, he often has his eyes closed (though still seems to have perfect vision) opening them, like Buu, only when angered.
10 million years ago, Daikaioh battled Moro alongside South Supreme Kai. By giving up most of his godly power, Daikaioh was able to seal Moro's magic power, and together they were able to defeat and imprison him.
Grand Supreme Kai lived on the Sacred World of the Kai along with the four other Supreme Kais. He was very peace-loving and gorged himself with food. When Majin Buu comes to the planet, Grand Supreme Kai managed to save Shin from Buu, he battled Majin Buu but was overwhelmed and absorbed. In the anime, he unleashed a powerful attack of his own that blasted Buu into pieces, however, Grand Supreme Kai gets absorbed seconds later when Buu's floating particles converged on him.
After Grand Supreme Kai was absorbed, Buu takes a form that looks remarkably similar to Grand Supreme Kai. This Innocent Buu would continue to show Grand Supreme Kai's spirit within him and later even becomes Mr. Satan's friend. Grand Supreme Kai's presence within Buu pacifies him to a degree. After becoming Mr. Satan's friend, who told him about the error of his murderous ways, Grand Supreme Kai's influence made Buu renounce his killing ways, leading him to split off his evil side and becoming a being of good.
Dragon Ball Super
Galactic Patrol Prisoner Saga
Main article: Galactic Patrol Prisoner Saga After Good Buu is carried off by the Galactic Patrol, Merus stuns Goku and Vegeta and boards them onto the ship. When the two Saiyans wake up, they're informed of the threat of Moro and are told of the battle that took place ten million years ago, where Daikaioh was forced to sacrifice most of his godly power to seal Moro's magic abilities away. Merus goes on, explaining how Moro has begun to regain his power, and that the only one who could stop him again was to somehow extract Daikaioh from Buu to stop Moro once again.
- Manga and Anime
Daikaioh and South Supreme Kai together were able to fight Moro - though proved to be at a heavy disadvantage until Daikaioh sacrificed most of his godly power in order to seal away Moro's magic power, significantly weakening his abilities.
Even after this, like the rest of his peers, he is stated to be much stronger than Shin and strong enough to defeat Frieza (before his first resurrection) in one blow, being one of the strongest Supreme Kais, second only to South Supreme Kai.
In the anime flashback of his battle with Huge Buu, Daikaioh manages to cut the Majin to pieces with his attack, leading to him being absorbed. In the manga, it was shown that Daikaioh was beaten by Huge Buu and absorbed.
Techniques and Special Abilities
- Flight – The ability to fly through the use of ki.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave. Used in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Kai Kai Matoru - Daikaioh uses his godly power to create a beam, allowing him to seal up an opponent's magic power.
- Flame Shower Breath – First, the user inhales a large amount of air and strongly exhales it, creating a huge gust of wind similar to a hurricane that can level a city. Named Daikaiōshin Retsuzan (大界王神烈斬) in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Healing - As a Kai, Grand Supreme Kai possessed the ability to rejuvenate anyone and restore them to full health instantly, even if they are on the brink of death.
- Energy Shield – A technique used to generate an energy shield around the user to protect them from attacks.
Video Game Appearances
- Japanese: Mahito Tsujimura
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Cassius Romero
- Pre-Dragon Ball
- Grand Supreme Kai's Funimation name, Daikaioh, is a mistranslation on Funimation's part. In Japanese, his title is Dai Kaioshin while Dai Kaio is Grand Kai's title. This is rectified in the dub of Dragon Ball Z Kai, where he's referred to as Grand Supreme Kai.
- Grand Supreme Kai along with South Supreme Kai, are the only ones to have an appearance in the manga. All the others were just mentioned.
- In the fourth volume of the Dragon Ball Super manga, there is a gag panel where Gowasu asks Shin why the Daikaioh didn't tell him about the Potara time limits. Shin suggests he didn't fuse to stop Majin Buu because he probably didn't know.