Cui's race is an alien race belonging to the Frieza Force. They are humanoids without noses and feature strange holes on the sides of their heads. The color of the species varies, but purple seems to be the most common color.
Cui is the first member of the race that is shown in the Dragon Ball series, and is a high-ranking general of Frieza. Cui was rivals with Vegeta for years, both of them working for Frieza, until Vegeta killed him on planet Namek.
Two more members of Cui's race are seen working on Planet Frieza 79 in Dragon Ball Z anime fillers: one is a soldier and claims that he is happy that Frieza is being defeated as Frieza wiped out his race, and this soldier is then killed on the orders of a fellow member of his race of higher rank for showing disloyalty to Frieza. After the soldier's execution, the Commander states that he owes Frieza for raising his family's station (social rank).
A member of the race appears as part of Frieza's army of one thousand soldiers during his invasion of Earth in the Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ manga.
Video Game Appearances
Gorin (ゴリン) and Strob (ストロブ), two palette swaps of Cui, appear as regular enemies in Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu. Cui himself appears as a playable character in numerous Dragon Ball fighting games: such as the Budokai Tenkaichi series and Raging Blast series. In those games, Cui's model is also used to represent generic Frieza soldiers.
Known members of the race
- Gorin (ゴリン) – A teal version of Cui with primarily brown armor. He appears as an enemy after Cui's defeat in Super Saiya Densetsu; called "Cid" or "Grig" in English versions. He has a power level of 12,000.
- Strob (ストロブ) – A green version of Cui with primarily purple armor. He appears as an enemy after Cui's defeat in Super Saiya Densetsu; called "Zoak" or "Nezio" in English versions. He has a power level of 16,000.
- Lance - Appears in Dragon Ball RPG.
- Unnamed Commander
- Unnamed Soldier
- Cooler's scout (Budokai Tenkaichi 2)
- Numerous Frieza Soldiers (Budokai Tenkaichi 2)