This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Category:Vegeta Saga page.
Is this same as Category:Saiyan Saga--Sk 05:28, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
- The Saiyan Saga is what the edited first saga of DBZ is called. When the uncut collection was released it was redubbed the Vegeta Saga. The episodes in Category:Saiyan Saga should be edits, while the ones in Category:Vegeta Saga should be those in uncut format (the way they were aired in Japan). Storm talk – projects 05:31, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
- Technically, the edited saga was called the Saiyan Conflict. Saiyan Saga isn't an official title. -- 02:38, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- Really? I seem to recall it being merchandised in the past under the "Saiyan Saga" title (Score's 2000 trading card expansion, Irwin Toy's figures based on the saga, etc). I know these are third-party products, but my point is that I've seen it referred to as the Saiyan Saga since maybe a decade ago, and as the Saiyan Conflict for only a few days (hope that doesn't come off as sounding too cocky or anything haha). I think I've said this before but I don't personally own a copy of the edited saga, so it's difficult for me to verify. Is it the package I'm missing out on that gives it this title? Storm talk – projects 05:28, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
Nah, you don't sound cocky. (I hope I didn't.) :-) All I know is the original (edited, with Ocean group VA's) release by Pioneer was called the Saiyan Conflict. AFAIK, that's the only English release of that saga until Funimation released it as the Vegeta Saga. (On the pictures of the listing on Amazon, you can see the name on the top of the box.) If the other media you mentioned uses "Saiyan Saga" though, I'd say we should definitely have at least some redirects to cover that title too though. -- 11:14, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
- Ohh, thanks for the source; I guess that about settles it. Shouldn't we be calling it "The Saiyan Conflict" though? Since "The" is printed as part of the saga title. As for the Saiyan Saga title, see here and here for example. These were released around the time The Saiyan Conflict box set was released (according to Amazon) though, so maybe they were issued as part of the "Saiyan Saga" simply for consistency purposes. I agree though, Saiyan Saga should probably be treated as a redirect. Storm talk – projects 11:27, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
- (Sorry I've been away for a few days.) Yeah, since the Saiyan Saga title seems like it's basically an alias for the Saiyan Conflict, I'd think a redirect would make sense too. As far as including "The" in the title, I guess if it's in there we should. -- 22:15, 29 January 2009 (UTC)