Cargo is a Namekian that looks nearly identical to his older brother, Dende.
Cargo lives with Moori and Dende when Frieza has his men, which includes Dodoria and Zarbon, attack their village for their Dragon Ball. Cargo witnesses several Namekian fighters defeat Frieza's men, but then witnesses the fighters sadistically killed by Dodoria. Moori tells Cargo and Dende to run away from the village. As Moori prepares to attack, he is surprised by a blast (either Frieza's Death Beam in the Dragon Ball manga or Dodoria's Mouth Energy Wave in the Dragon Ball Z anime) that passes by him and kills Cargo instantly.
Cargo is later revived along with the other Namekians thanks to Mr. Popo's wish made to Shenron to revive everyone killed by Frieza and his men, and then teleports to Earth thanks to Dende's third wish to Porunga. He goes with the rest of the Namekians to New Namek.
Video Game Appearances
In Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu, Cargo (カルゴ, Karugo; renamed "Emih" in the English translation) hides in an earthenware jar in one of the houses south of Moori's village while Frieza attacks the village. He will join your party if you find him.
Cargo is seen in the background of the Namek battle stage alongside his family in Dragon Ball Z Arcade.
Cargo is also a support item in the mobile game Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle he heals 25% of your HP.
- Japanese: Tomiko Suzuki (DBZ), Satomi Satō (DB Kai)
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Angélica Santos
- His name is a pun on "escargot."
- The reason why Cargo's killer was changed from Freeza to Dodoria is most likely to make Dodoria more evil, as he was the most active villain of the time.
- In the Ocean dub, Cargo's death is cut out as part of the massive cut back on death and violence made for the American dub. Instead, Dodoria's beam is seemingly aimed at Moori and Krillin states "That was close", implying that somehow Dodoria missed Moori. Additionally, Dodoria says to Dende "Your brother may have escaped, but not you!", further adding to the illusion that Cargo survived. Cargo is not seen after this and it is implied that he escaped and the characters later talk as if Cargo is still alive.