"The first thing is to wipe out this filthy planet."
Cacao (カカオ Kakao) is one of the henchmen led by the low-class Saiyan Turles. He makes his debut in the movie Dragon Ball Z: The Tree of Might, and reappears in Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn. Cacao often pairs with Daiz for combination attacks.
Cacao's appearance is marked by cyborg components adorned over skin similar in appearance to magma. Being a cyborg, Cacao's Battle Armor is the only armor with weapons.
Cacao was originally a battle Cyborg built on planet Ikonda to fight in an interstellar war. After this, he became a galactic lone-wolf bounty hunter and volunteers to join the Turles Crusher Corps. In addition, his cyborg body is made from a special metal that makes him immune to ordinary attacks, including Yamcha's Spirit Ball.
Dragon Ball Z
The Tree of Might
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: The Tree of Might
Cacao has a large array of weapons at his disposal, which helps him swiftly defeat Yamcha during an encounter with the Dragon Team on Earth. He is killed during Goku's Kaio-ken rampage against him and his comrades when Goku gives Cacao a solid knee-kick to his chest.
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn
After Janemba destroyed the barrier between dimensions, Cacao escapes Hell, along with other residents there. But he gets sent back there.
In the movie Tree of Might, he was unaffected by Yamcha's Spirit Ball attack and defeated the latter by ambushing him. Later Cacao and the majority of other Crusher Corp members were defeated and killed by a Kaio-Ken empowered Goku.
Techniques and special abilities
- Flight – The ability to fly without the use of ki through the use of wings or special mechanisms.
- Cosmic Attack – A rocket propulsion attack used against Yamcha. Named in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Combined Energy Wave – Daiz and Cacao start by charging an energy sphere in their hands and then fire it in the form of a Full Power Energy Wave that eventually results in a massive red explosion on the opponent, inflicting a great amount of damage.
Video Game Appearances
He also appears as a playable character in Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission.
- Japanese: Shinobu Satouchi
- Italian dub:
- Mario Bombardieri (Dynamic Italia dub)
- Pietro Ubaldi (Mediaset dub)
- Cacao's name is based on cocoa, a type of bean used to make a variety of products, mostly chocolate.
- The mannerism and effect used for Cacao's voice varies with each dub. In the original Japanese version of The Tree of Might, he says da, the Russian word for 'yes'. In the AB Groupe dub, Speedy dub and uncut Ocean Group dub, he only grunts, while in the studio's edited dub, as well as FUNimation's dub, he speaks in full-fledged sentences and has an electronic-garbled voice (though his mouth remains closed).
- The Crystal Battle Suit from the Xenoverse series resembles Cacao's Battle Armor though it should be noted it is actually just a recolor of Vegeta's Battle Suit from the Vegeta Saga as it has a tail that is the same metallic color rest of the suit. This also applies to the Gold Battle Suit which is a metallic gold recolor of the same suit.