Bubibinman (ブビビンマン lit. "Buzzingman") is a fly-like humanoid superhero who is from the planet Haebunbu.
Bubibinman claimed to have gone to preschool with Superman, who he claimed was a coward and crybaby, earning him the nickname "Supercrybaby".
After hearing Superman became a hero on Earth, Bubibinman traveled to the planet in order to become a superhero, believing Earthlings to be weak due to this. When he appears on Earth, he is hit by Arale Norimaki with a barrel. He challenges Arale to weightlifting and Sumo Wrestling and is horrified at the fact that what he thinks is a human child to be stronger than him. Shortly later, when he finds out about poop, Bubibinman tastes it and seems to like it. He is seen collecting poop on a star-shaped planet in "Zippity-Doo Doctor". While collecting and eating poop on Earth in the chapter "Cute Delivery Boy from Hell", Bubibinman is attacked by the young demon Chivil. He survives the attack, thinking the explosion came from the giant poop he was eating.
Dragon Ball Super
During the baseball game between Universe 6 & 7 in "A Challenge From Champa! This Time, a Baseball Game!", Bubibinman in a shrunken state flies onto Goku's slow pitch to Champa and ends up getting hit into space.
Video Game Appearances
- Japanese: Mugihito (1980s series)
- Funimation dub: Phil Parsons (DBS)
- Polish dub: Jakub Wieczorek (DBS)
- In Dr. Slump, Bubibinman originally claimed to have gone to kindergarten with the DC Comics hero Superman. While Bubibinman first appeared in the manga before the character Sourman (known as "Suppaman" in Japanese) had first appeared, in the Dr. Slump anime, Sourman had already been an established character when Bubibinman first appeared. In the beginning of the episode, a parodic version of Superman appears bearing Sourman's face but resembling a more traditional version of the character.
- It is unknown if the parodic Superman and Sourman are intended to be the same person or not, as Sourman appears later in the episode, but Bubibinman does not appear to recognize him, and the individual he attends school with is still referred to as "Superman" in the opening scene.