Borgos, known as Toteppo (トテッポ Toteppo) in the original Japanese version, is the largest member of Bardock's Planet Elite Force.
Borgos is a tall, bulky, muscular Saiyan. He has big strands of black hair on the sides of his head, but not hair in the middle of his head. He has three small scars on his forehead. Like the rest of the Frieza Force, Borgos wears a variant of the Battle Armor. His battle armor is black with a light blue stomach plate, and yellow shoulder straps. He also wears a green Scouter, dark blue pants, and black cuffs above his hands.
Borgos seems to have quite an appetite, as he is seen eating in two scenes. An interesting note is that in the original Japanese dub of Bardock - The Father of Goku, Borgos is almost completely silent, the only exception being the battle cry he utters before being killed by Team Dodoria. In the Funimation dub, however, the character was given three extra lines, referencing becoming a Great Ape: "I'm with you Fasha. For me, it's like waking up from a dream. You kind of remember it all, but then it just slips away." He is a ruthless and skilled fighter but has a strong sense of camaraderie with his comrades and a sense of honor.
Dragon Ball Super
According to Toyotarō's interpretation of what may have happened to them during Dragon Ball Super: Broly, when Tora is contacted by Leek about the order to return, Borgos and the other members of the squad are with him. They are then killed by Dodoria and two underlings.
Bardock - The Father of Goku
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku
Borgos, Bardock, Tora, Fasha, and Shugesh attack Planet Kanassa in their Great Ape forms. After Bardock is attacked by the last surviving Kanassan, Toolo, they decide to return Bardock to their home world Planet Vegeta, so that he can receive treatment for his injuries.
While he is still out of commission, Borgos, Tora, Fasha, and Shugesh are instructed to clear the civilization of Planet Meat. Before long during their visit to the planet, the group encounters Dodoria and his elites who, under Frieza's orders, betray and make short work of the Saiyans. Borgos and Tora last the longest against the elite warriors but Borgos is unfortunately finished off with a powerful punch to the face.
Main article: Dragon Ball Super: Broly
Borgos makes a cameo appearance in Broly when the Frieza Force appears on Planet Vegeta for the first time. He was also scanned by Frieza's scouter when he was using it to detect the snipers that were in King Vegeta's palace.
Other Dragon Ball stories
Episode of Bardock
Main article: Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock Borgos has a cameo appearance along with his fallen comrades Tora, Fasha, and Shugesh.
- Video Games
According to Dragon Ball Carddass, Borgos' power level is 4,000.
Techniques and Special Abilities
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Mouth Energy Wave – Borgos is seen using the mouth blast in his Great Ape form in the TV special Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku. He can also use a yellow version in his base form in Dragon Ball Heroes under the name of Angry Launcher (アングリーランチャー).
- Fighting Pose - He uses a Fighting Pose identical to Burter's normal pose in Dragon Ball SD.
Forms and Transformations
Main article: Great Ape
Video Game Appearances
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
- Dragon Ball Heroes
- Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
- Dragon Ball Legends
In Budokai 3, Borgos' face is shown when Bardock performs his Spirit of Saiyans.
Dragon Ball Heroes marks Borgos' first appearance as a playable character.
He also appears in Dokkan Battle as a standalone unit with his Giant Ape transformation and with his front armor plate colored golden instead of blue on the Global version of the game.
- Japanese: Kōzō Shioya
- Hebrew dub: Efron Atkin
- Pre-Dragon Ball
- Borgos (Great Ape), Bardock (Great Ape), Tora (Great Ape), Fasha (Great Ape), and Shugesh (Great Ape) vs. Kanassan Commander, Demetrious, Toolo, and Kanassan warriors
- Borgos, Fasha, Tora, and Shugesh vs. Dodoria and his elites
- Totepo's original character name by Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru was Jagga (ジャッガ).
- In Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's original character design for the movie, Borgos/Totepo was smaller than his final draft. His height was equal to about Bardock's height, instead of being taller like the final draft. He originally was bald, so the hair must have been added down the line to the final draft. He still had the same armor design as he does now. Surprisingly the only real differences were his height and hair (the scars on his head were also shown in the original draft). Akira Toriyama's reason for changing the design was because he wanted saiyans to have their own "distinguishing features".
- In his Great Ape transformation, Borgos does not appear to retain the scars noticeable on his untransformed body. However this is not unheard of; on the contrary the reverse appears more often in the series, where a character is wounded as a Great Ape, and upon their regression, are left with the battle scar (Vegeta's eye during his conflict with Goku, and Shugesh's cheek after an encounter with an offensive Kanassan, for example).
- It is also possible that since Borgos is balding in his untransformed state, his fur merely covers the scars on his forehead in his Great Ape form, as he does not appear to have the same Great Ape receding hairline that Nappa (another bald Saiyan) does.
- His original name is a pun on the word "potato".