She wears the female version of the V-Neck Battle Armor of the Ginyu Force with thigh protection. She also uses a green Scouter of the same model/generation that the Ginyu Force used in Dragon Ball Z.
Bonyu is an incredibly adept individual, being highly intelligent and a capable warrior. However, she was lacking in Ginyu's view of charisma and could not keep up with the Ginyu Force's posing which Bonyu found detestable.
Pre-Dragon Ball Z
At some point, Bonyu became part of the Frieza Force, she was recruited by Captain Ginyu as the first member of his elite Ginyu Force. However, she couldn't keep up with the Ginyu Force's habit of weird posing, which she found detestable and asked to leave the group, though she remained a serving soldier in the ranks of the Frieza Force.
Other Dragon Ball stories
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot The Battle Data of Bonyu is inside the Ginyu Force space pod that Goku used to escape from Namek's destruction.
During the training period in anticipation for the arrival of the Androids, Bulma and the Female Researcher obtained the data when doing research on the pod. At the request of Bulma, the Female Researcher tells Goku of this discovery and that the battle data is incomplete and will need tested several times. Goku fights the Virtual Fighting Data construct of Bonyu and manages to defeat her.
As a former member of the Ginyu Force, Bonyu is strong enough to join such an elite mercenary force.
- Video games
The Virtual Fighting Data replica of her is able to fight Goku (during the period where he was training in anticipation for the Androids), though she is defeated by him in the end.
Her virtual fighting data replica shows Bonyu is an intelligent and tactical fighter (hence her epitaph "The Brains") who has a wide variety of techniques, taking fighting more seriously than the rest of the Ginyu Force as she doesn't leave herself open by posing (something which Goku criticized members for when he noted that they were constantly letting their guard down which he was able to take advantage of such as when he took out Recoome while he was posing as part of his Recoome Ultra Fighting Bomber and when he sucker punched Jeice in the face). As a result her data suggests she would have been a more challenging opponent for Goku if she had faced him on Namek during the period he fought the Ginyu Force.
Techniques and Special Abilities
- Flight - The ability to fly through the use of ki.
- Ki Blast - The most basic form of energy wave.
- Fighting Pose - As a member of the Ginyu Force, she was expected to pose in and out of battle by her Captain. However, Bonyu found the posing weird and detestable causing her fail to keep up with her teammates who were all passionate about posing. Her troubles with posing and lack of charisma ultimately lead her to leave the Ginyu Force. Her Virtual Fighting Data shows that her distain for posing actually benefits her in battle as her lack of posing and serious tactical fighting style leaves far less openings as noted by Goku, the other Ginyu Force members habit of posing and posturing in mid-battle caused them to leave themselves open to attack.
- Blast Ball - Bonyu's primary technique where she creates several autonomous blue energy spheres which will move around and fire lasers at foes.
- Self Destruction - Bonyu can have the Blast Balls self-destruct to damage foes.
- Crusher Ball - Bonyu is capable of using Jeice's signature technique.
- Power Up - Bonyu powers up with a red aura.
- Energy Punch - Bonyu surrounds her fist with purple energy and strikes her foe.
- Blast Cannon - Bonyu fires a large blue energy beam which itself releases a barrage of ki blasts from its tip.
- Blast Storm - Bonyu creates a purple energy disc which locks on to the foe and captures them if it makes contact.
- Blast Shower - Bonyu rapid fires electrical beams.
- Blast Crusher -
- Tea Time - Bonyu creates an electrical barrier around herself.
- Scouter - A wearable, all-purpose computer that Frieza's army uses.
- Battle Armor - A standard-issue combat attire currently mandatory throughout the Frieza Force. Bonyu wears the white version of the Ginyu Force Battle Armor.
Video Game Appearances
- Japanese: Yu Kobayashi
- English: Rachel Robinson
- She was designed by Akira Toriyama.
- Just like every other member of the Brench-seijin race in the English dub, she has a regional English accent (Bonyu's being Australian just like Jeice)
- Her name, like the rest of the Ginyu Force's names, is a pun on a dairy product. It means 母乳 "breast milk" in Japanese.
- The pun may also be a reference to her position as the only female Ginyu Force member.
- The pun may also be a tongue-in-cheek reference to her large bust.