Curse of the Blood Rubies
Main article: Dragon Ball: Curse of the Blood Rubies
Bongo leads the king's army to tear up the Land of Gurumes and dig up all the blood rubies. He and his partner Pasta come to Mount Paozu and take the four star Dragon Ball from Goku's House and leave behind a gold coin in place of the ball. Goku and Bulma end up seeing them blast off in their jet and chase them in Bulma's jet. Bongo drives the jet as Pasta comes out and shoots their jet down with a Rocket Launcher.
When Goku and his friends appear at the castle, Bongo ends up fighting Goku while riding a Flying Disc. Goku ends up destroying his flying disc and causes Bongo to fall into the castle, dragging Goku with him. The two end up bringing their fight into the Gurumes' throne room where Bongo is crushed by King Gurumes, who has just mutated further into an obese horror with a virtually unsatisfiable appetite. Bongo is last seen when Pasta picks him up after being squished flat.
Bongo was very strong by ordinary human standards, able to crush a rock in his bare hands. He was able to fight on par with Goku for a while, putting up a better fight than Yamcha had previously.
- Flying Disc - A circular platform that is used to make someone fly around.
- Rocket Launcher - A category of weapons that fire high-powered rockets.
Video Game Appearances
- Japanese: Gorō Naya
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Guilherme Lopes
- Bongo vs. Pansy's Father
- Bongo, Pasta, and Gurumes Army soldiers vs. Master Roshi (Max Power)
- Bongo vs. Goku
- Krillin is called "Bongo" in the Harmony Gold dub.
- Bongo's name comes from the Italian dish “spaghetti alle vongole” (spaghetti with clams).