Bio Suit is a form of natural armor/clothing worn by members of the Frieza Race.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Video Game Appearances
- 3 Types
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
- 7 Site Navigation
Members of Frieza's race possess the unique ability to grow their own clothing and armor from their own body tissue. Even when it seems as though a member of Frieza's race is unclothed, they are generally wearing Bio Suits. These natural clothes can be removed at will or replaced with newly grown clothing. Even when wearing artificial clothing like Battle Armor, members have a Bio Suit underneath regardless of what they are wearing (basically acting as a form of undergarment). Should their artificial clothing be removed (either due to damage in battle, by powering up, or removed at the wearer's discretion) the Bio Suit underneath remains until it is replaced by newly grown clothing. Due to Bio Suits being made from their own bodily tissue, it can transform and grow along with its wearer via Nightmare Transformation. As demonstrated by Frieza, when transforming from their race's 3rd form to their True Form, the 3rd forms Bio Suit shatters, and they emerge wearing a new sleeker Bio Suit which removes any damage sustained to the previous Bio Suit (as demonstrated by Frieza re-growing his Tail). The True Form's Bio Suit is made up of strong tissue and as demonstrated by Cooler, can further transform and grow along with its wearer via Super Evolution. It is also implied by Frieza that members of his race can choose the color of the tissue of their Bio Suits, as he stated that he made the tissue gold-colored for the Bio Suit of his Ultimate Evolution. The ability to alter the tissue's color is also seen in Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
Via synthetic modification, Bio Suit tissue can be combined with mechanical parts to create Cosmic Suits that increase their power and/or to repair physical damage after being heavily injured.
Video Game Appearances
The concept of Bio Suits was first mentioned in Dragon Ball Xenoverse and they act as racially exclusive clothing for members of Frieza's race and is worn by various Frieza race Time Patrollers. 1st form Frieza's Bio Suit (sans Battle Armor) appears as an alternate skin for 1st form Frieza. Several different types of Bio Suit can be purchased at the Clothing Shop in Toki Toki City to be worn by members of Frieza's race and like most clothing in the game, some of them affect the wearers' stats when worn. These clothes are exclusive to members of Frieza's Race.
In Dragon Ball Online, several Bio Suits (similar to the ones worn by Frieza) are available for usage by any member of the Time Patrol.
In Dragon Ball Fusions, Tekka can wear several Bio Suits based on those worn by Frieza, Golden Frieza, Cooler, Metal Cooler, and Frost which become unlocked for purchase at Bulla's Clothing Shop in Satan City after their corresponding character is recruited. Frieza, Golden Frieza, and Frost can only be recruited post-game after their respective Sub-Events are cleared. Cooler can be recruited through a Sub-Event in Area 3F acquired after breaking the barrier around him, while Metal Cooler can be recruited after completing a Sub-Event involving Young Gohan and can be encountered as a Scoutable enemy as soon as reaching Area 4F. The suits can be worn by both genders and by all races though they are one-piece suits.
In Xenoverse 2, the Future Warrior starts off wearing the Time Patroller Suit (which is a new type of Bio Suit and unrelated to the Time Patroller Suit) if they are a member of Frieza's Race and can purchase the Bio Suits from Xenoverse as they progress through the game. The attribute stats for each Bio Suit from Xenoverse are different in Xenoverse 2. Also in Xenoverse 2, costumes based on Frieza/Mecha Frieza, King Cold, and Metal Cooler are introduced, though these are not Bio Suits as they are simply artificial costumes modeled after those characters which can be worn by all races.
In Dragon Ball FighterZ, the Clone Frieza wear a Bio Suit modeled after Final Form Frieza's Bio Suit. Additionally Clone Cells wear a Bio Suit modeled after Perfect Cell's. Though Android 21 does not wear a Bio Suit (as she wears a Buu-gi in her True Form, her evil fission Android 21 (Evil) gains spots similar to those from Cell's Bio Suit on her skin when she absorbs him.
Basic Armor made out of Frieza's race body tissue and the default Bio Suit worn by members of Frieza's race in Xenoverse, and like all default clothing, it does not have any effect on the wearer's stats. In Xenoverse 2, it increases the wearer's Stamina by 1.
This type of Bio Suit seems to be the one worn by Cooler, King Cold, and Chilled, as it possesses the least amount of armor.
Armor covered with tough tissue and the addition of thigh guards. The jewels on the armor gauntlets and shin guards of this suit are also larger. This suit increases the wearers' Ki, Basic ATK, and Strike Supers stats by 2 while decreasing Ki Blast Supers by 2 in Xenoverse. In Xenoverse 2, it increases Stamina by 2 while decreasing Health and Ki Blast Supers by 1.
This type of Bio Suit is the one worn by Froze, the Frieza Clan Hero.
Elite Armor noted for its large femur guards (the design which is reminiscent of Cell's wing, though they are located lower on the body), long crotch guard, and a collar of armor as a neck guard. The jewels on the gauntlets are large as those on the Hero Suit, with additional armor and a circular jewel covering the back of the hands. The suit's large femur guards and raised collar gives it a resemblance to a long coat. This suit increases the wearer's Stamina, Basic ATK, and Strike Supers by 3 while decreasing Ki Blast Supers by 3 in Xenoverse. The Time Patroller, Percel wears this type of Bio Suit. In Xenoverse 2, it increases the wearer's Stamina by 5, while decreasing Health by 5.
This type of Bio Suit is the one worn by Rezok, the Frieza Clan Elite.
Offensive armor featuring sharp spikes and spines. The jewels of this suit are smaller due to the addition of large shoulder, wrist, and shin spikes. In addition to the spikes on wrist gauntlets, this suit features rectangular-shaped spiked knuckle guards. The boot-like armor portions also feature a three spiked-toe section. The tail is also fully covered in spiked armor. This suit increases the wearer's Health, Basic ATK, and Strike Supers by 5 while decreasing Ki Blast Supers by 5 in Xenoverse. In Xenoverse 2, it increases Stamina and Basic ATK by 4, while decreasing Health, Ki, Strike Supers, and Ki Blast Supers by 2.
This type of Bio Suit is the one worn by the Frieza Clan Berserker.
Ultimate F Suit
Ideal armor for any situation which features spines/spikes and sharkfin-like protrusions on the shoulder guards, gauntlets, and the back of the shin guards. Curved spikes also appear on the wearer's hands and feet. tail of this suit features armor that covers the tip of the tail. Two curved elongated spines also stick out from the back of the torso. This suit increases the wearer's Stamina, Basic ATK, and Strike Supers by 5 while decreasing Ki Blast Supers by 5 in Xenoverse. In Xenoverse 2, it increases Ki, Stamina, Basic ATK, Strike Supers, and Ki Blast Supers by 1, while decreasing Health by 2.
This type of Bio Suit appears to be the one worn by Cooler in his Final Form and the Frieza Clan Berserker in his Super Class upgrade.
Main article: Cosmic Suit A hybrid suit made by combining Bio Suit tissue with mechanical parts. Features a metal chest plate cover part of the torso. This suit increases the wearers' Ki, Basic ATK, and Strike Supers stats by 5 while decreasing Ki Blast Supers by 5 in Xenoverse. In Xenoverse 2, it increases Health, Ki, and Stamina by 3, while decreasing Basic ATK, Strike Supers, and Ki Blast Supers by 3.
This type of Bio Suit is the one worn by Frieza in his Mecha state. In Xenoverse 2, the Mecha Frieza Suit is an artificial costume based on the Cosmic Suit worn by Frieza while the Mecha Frieza's Head accessory is artificial headgear modeled after Frieza's head after his body was rebuilt into his Mecha Frieza form. It is just a costume and not a true Cosmic Suit and thus the suit and accessory can be worn by all races in Xenoverse 2 though when worn by Frieza Race members their tail will appear identical to Mecha Frieza's tail.
In Xenoverse 2, it is shown that it is possible for Frieza Race members to transform into their Turn Golden form while equipped with a Cosmic Suit though only their jewel sections, skin, and natural armor will actually change colors. though artificial portions of the suit will glow a brighter hue.
Z Fighting Suit
The ultimate Bio Suit made of tough tissue and featuring a streamline appearance. Due to its overall appearance is that of the Bio Suit worn by Frieza in his true form. The only real difference is in the design of the feet portion which features shoe-like armor instead of bare feet. This suit increases the wearer's Stamina, Basic ATK, and Strike Supers by 3 while decreasing Ki Blast Supers by 3 in Xenoverse. In Xenoverse 2, it increases Ki and Stamina by 5, while decreasing Health and Ki Blast Supers by 5.
This type of Bio Suit is the one that is worn by Frieza in his True Form and Golden Form, and also Kuriza in his True Form. Cooler and Frost also wear it in their True Forms with slight aesthetic differences. In Xenoverse 2, Frieza's Suit (Final Form) is an artificial costume based on Frieza's Z Fighting Suit. It is just a costume and not a true Bio Suit and thus can be worn by all races in Xenoverse 2.
Time Patroller Suit
The Time Patroller Suit is the Official Time Patroller outfit for Frieza Race recruits in Age 852 and first appears in Xenoverse 2 as the default outfit of the Future Warrior (Xenoverse 2) if they are a member of Frieza's Race. The upper body portion's armor resembles the Elite Suit, though with the addition of the Time Patrol logo on the left side portion of the chest. The lower body portion resembles the Z Fighting Suit. In addition to the suit's natural armor, it also comes with artificial bands of cloth around the arms and legs. This suit increases the wearer's Stamina by 1 while decreasing Health by 1.
A one-piece Bio Suit based on Cooler's Bio Suit in his Fourth Transformation that can be worn by any race or gender in Dragon Ball Fusions. It can be unlocked for purchase at Bulla's Clothing Shop by completing Sub-Event: "Frieza Clan Saga: Brotherly Love" after breaking the barrier around Cooler in Area 3F. Cooler can be recruited immediately after the event is complete.
Metal Cooler Suit
A one-piece Cosmic Suit based on Meta-Cooler's Cosmic Suit that can be worn by any race or gender in Dragon Ball Fusions. Like the Cooler Suit, it can be unlocked for purchase at Bulla's Clothing Shop by completing Sub-Event: "Frieza Clan Saga: Brotherly Love" after breaking the barrier around Cooler in Area 3F. After completing the event, Meta-Cooler becomes scoutable allowing him to be recruited by defeating Meta-Cooler in battle with a Zenkai Attack. Meta-Cooler can be encountered in battle as soon as Area 4F is reached.
A one-piece Bio Suit based on Frieza's Bio Suit in his true form that can be worn by any race or gender in Dragon Ball Fusions. It can be unlocked for purchase at Bulla's Clothing Shop by completing Sub-Event: "The Return of F" after completing the main story to make Frieza scoutable then defeat Frieza in battle with a Zenkai Attack to recruit him.
In FighterZ, Clone Friezas wear a copy of this Bio Suit though with the same color scheme as clothing worn by the other clones.
Golden Frieza Suit
A one-piece Bio Suit based on Frieza's Bio Suit in his Golden Frieza form that can be worn by any race in Dragon Ball Fusions. Like the Frieza Suit, it can be unlocked for purchase at Bulla's Clothing Shop by completing Sub-Event: "The Return of F" after completing the main story to make Golden Frieza scoutable then defeat Golden Frieza in battle with a Zenkai Attack to recruit him.
A one-piece Bio Suit based on the Bio-Android Cell's Bio Suit in his perfect form that can be worn by any race or gender in Dragon Ball Fusions. It can be unlocked for purchase at Bulla's Clothing Shop by completing Sub-Event: The Return of C after completing the main story to make Cell scoutable then defeat Cell in battle with a Zenkai Attack to recruit him.
In FighterZ, Clone Cells wear a copy of this Bio Suit though with same the color scheme as the other clones' clothing.
Cell Jr. Suit
A one-piece Bio Suit based on the Bio-Androids Cell Juniors' Bio Suit that can be worn by any race or gender in Dragon Ball Fusions. It can be unlocked for purchase at Bulla's Clothing Shop by completing Sub-Event: "Mini Cell Games after the first main story fight with Broly to make Cell Jr. scoutable then defeat a Cell Jr. in battle with a Zenkai Attack to recruit him.
A one-piece Bio Suit based on Frost's Bio Suit in his true form that can be worn by any race in Dragon Ball Fusions. It can be unlocked for purchase at Bulla's Clothing Shop by completing Sub-Event: ''Challengers from Universe 6" after completing the main story to make Frost scoutable then defeat Frost in battle with a Zenkai Attack to recruit him.
- Cooler is the only member of his family who does not wear any form of artificial clothing, implying that he prefers his races natural armor over the Battle Armor worn by brother Frieza, his father King Cold, and nephew Kuriza. Frieza and Kuriza only remove their Battle Armor in order to transform. King Cold is the only member of his family who is never shown without his Battle Armor. Chilled was also known to wear artificial clothing as well.
- Frieza normally only wears clothing in his first form as he usually wears his natural armor in his other forms. In Age 732 when Frieza took over the Frieza Force following his father's retirement Frieza did not wear Battle Armor during his first trip to Planet Vegeta which he apparently adopted later on as he is shown wearing Battle Armor during the Genocide of the Saiyans five years later. As he remains in his true form after mastering ki control and his Golden form Frieza continues to wear his Bio Suit after being revived by Whis following the Tournament of Power.
- In Dragon Ball FighterZ, Frieza has a Spring themed Lobby Avatar and a sticker depicting Frieza wearing a Japanese kimono in his final form as a reference to the traditional Japanese custom of Hanami which occurs in springtime.
- Bio Suits are similar to the concept of the birthday suit (a slang term for nudity) as it is part of their natural body.
- It also bore some resemblance in terms of function to the bio suits worn by the Aliens from the film franchise Independence Day, including being used to augment the race and acting as buffer zones for their power. However, the similarities were coincidental, as the first Independence Day was released in 1996 after Dragon Ball Z ended. Coincidentally, both Frieza and one of the aliens said "Peace... No peace..." and then tried to kill the heroes at one point.
- Due to Frieza's race characters' inability to use Transforming Ability in the Xenoverse series, the Bio Suits viewed as an alternative, allowing players to alter a Frieza race Future Warriors armor in both games.
- Presumably, the Turn Golden Awoken Skill in Xenoverse 2 was easier far to implement in-game than the other Frieza Race transformations as it is a simple color change of their Bio Suit which requires fewer alterations to the Warrior's customizable character model.
- Ironically in Xenoverse despite its depiction as biological armor that is grown, most of the Bio Suits must actually be purchased (save for the default Bio Suit) at the Clothing Shop in Toki Toki City's Industrial Sector just like the other racially exclusive clothing options.
- Bio Suits are another example of the Frieza race's unique biology and racial abilities.
- It is possible that due to possessing Frieza and Cold's cells, the Bio-Android Cell may also wear a form of Bio Suit exclusive to Bio-Androids, due to similarities. However, if true Cell's Bio Suit would likely be a permanent part of him (though it can still grow and transform with him).
- Cell's suit appears as an unlockable outfit in Xenoverse 2 under the name Cell's Suit (Perfect), however, it appears more like a suit modeled after the Bio-Suit of Cell's Perfect form that can be worn by members of any race. The suit lacks Cell's Wings which appear as a separate accessory.
- In Xenoverse 2, when using their Ultimate Evolution the Future Warrior's Bio-Suit will take on a Golden color just like Golden Frieza. This also holds true for the Frieza Race avatars in Dragon Ball Heroes as they take on Golden Forms when using a God Class-up and Super God Class-up (however unlike Frieza or the Future Warrior they gain the additional ability to use Godly ki).