Bio-Androids are a species of Android enemies in Dragon Ball Online. The original member of the race, Cell, debuted with in Dragon Ball Z. The race was recreated when the clone of Cell, Cell-X, moved to a cave behind a waterfall on Papaya Island and spawned many Cell eggs which hatched into variations of Cell's forms.
The original Bio-Android Cell is composed of the cells of Saiyans, Namekians, and members of Frieza's race that he may have passed to his offspring, clone, and clone's offspring. It is unknown what cells the Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans Bio-Androids and Genome are made from, since they are not confirmed to be related to Cell. Because of the Bio-Androids' organic nature, they are the only known Android model to be able to be sensed via Ki Sense.
Additionally, it is implied that Cell-X and it's Bio-Android offspring lack Goku's DNA.
The demonic Bio-Metal Mira is primarily of the Earthling and Demon Realm races, but also possess the DNA of several other races. Fu possess all the DNA of Mira, as well as Towa, probably Mechikabura, as well as all of the other strongest fighters.
The life-cycle of the Bio-Androids related to Cell.
The sentient eggs of Cell-X which appear in Dragon Ball Online are spiky, have one eye, small wings, and are colored brown, green, or purple. They eventually hatch into Larval Bio-Androids.
The form that most members of the race takes when they are first born, this from eventually matures into an Imperfect Cell. They are colored brown, green, or purple in Dragon Ball Online.
- Imperfect Form
A form displayed by Cell in his original appearance, this is Cell's mature form without having absorbed the Androids. Future Cell was stuck in his Imperfect form due to the destruction of the Androids of his timeline. Imperfect Bio-Androids are also grown versions of Larval Bio-Androids in Dragon Ball Online; they are colored green or purple, the green ones with blue skin are Multi-Purpose Cell. The Attack of the Saiyans enemies Sandman, Yorgan, and Failed Experiment are slightly modified and recolored versions of Cell in his Imperfect From. In his normal states, Genome is in an imperfect form.
In Xenoverse 2, Perfect Cell is shown to be able to birth mature Imperfect offspring identical to his Imperfect form in appearance and personality. He creates one while training the Future Warrior as an instructor to act as a sparing partner to better gauge the Warrior's power.
Dragon Ball Z
The original member of this race, Cell, was created by Dr. Gero and attempted to destroy the Earth, but he was vanquished by the Earthling-Saiyan hybrid Gohan. During the battle, he created several offspring called Cell Jr. which were also defeated by Gohan.
Dragon Ball Super
Universe Survival Saga
Main article: Universe Survival Saga In the manga it is revealed that the Cell Jrs. regenerated following their defeat at Gohan's hand. They were soon tamed by Android 17 and began living on Monster Island.
Other Dragon Ball Stories
Attack of the Saiyans
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans In Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans, which is set at the time of the Saiyan conflict, three types of Bio-Androids appear as enemies: Sandmen, Yorgans, and Failed Experiments. Sandmen are found in the Desert and the Nemuria Ruins, Yorgans are found inside the Kiwi Volcano, and Failed Experiments are found in the East City Ruins along with Mad Scientists, Experiments #7 and Experiments #9.
Dragon Ball RPG
Main article: Dragon Ball RPG The mobile game Dragon Ball RPG features recolored versions of Cell known as Synapse (シナプス Shinapusu) and Cell Baby (セルベビー Seru Bebī) as common enemies.
Dragon Ball Heroes
Dragon Ball Online
Main article: Dragon Ball Online
The species is revived when Cell is brought back by the Time Breakers as "Cell-X". Cell-X headed to a cave on Papaya Island, where he spawned many Cell eggs which hatched into variations of Cell's forms. Cell-X has his children collect more energy for him.
Main articles: Dragon Ball Xenoverse and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 In one Parallel Quest in Xenoverse 2, Cell's Time Machine goes off course and ends up during the Cell Games resulting in Imperfect Cell encountering Perfect Cell and the Cell Jrs. Imperfect Cell is pleased to discover the Supercomputer was right about his perfect form, while Perfect Cell looks down on his Imperfect self even calling him an idiot for ending up in the wrong timeline. Imperfect Cell even hopes to absorb Perfect Cell in the hopes he will become more perfect and manages to defeat his Perfect self with the assistance of the Time Patrol.
While training the 2nd Future Warrior as an Instructor, Perfect Cell is shown to be able to give birth to clones of his Imperfect form which he uses to help train the Future Warrior during one lesson.
"You know, who was that strange little youngster? I'm suddenly overcome with a great sense of unease... The power signature is neither demon nor human. It feels... constructed. Hmm. This is disturbing. If the scientific knowledge that can create a life force that powerful exists, I want it in my army!"
— Lord Slug comments to the Future Warrior after an encounter with Cell Jr. in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Lord Slug senses several powerful warriors while training the Future Warrior and decides to investigate it as part of their next lesson. They encounter a group of Cell Jrs. which Lord Slug tasks them with defeating. After completing the lesson, Lord Slug is filled with uneasiness by the power of the young Bio-Androids which he notes is neither demon nor human, before concluding it feels artificially constructed. However he notes that if scientific knowledge exists that can create a life force as powerful as theirs then he wants it for his army.
Main article: Dragon Ball FighterZ Android 21 is a new type of Bio-Android created by Dr. Gero's Supercomputer. Using the cells of powerful fighters and Earth's most brilliant scientific researchers, Android 21 exceeded the power of Cell and became the leader of new incarnation of Red Ribbon Army. While naturally good, the incorporation of Majin Buu's cells caused her to develop an insatiable hunger and an evil split personality that cared nothing for anyone but herself and saw all other beings as food. The evil side had created countless clones, including of Cell.
The evil 21 is able to absorb Cell which causes her to transform into a more powerful form that inherits Cell's spots and causes her skin to become darker. The good 21 though weaker remains determined to stop her evil half. Though she is able to suppress her hunger, Good 21 fearing she will one day lose control, decides to sacrifice herself to help her newfound friends destroy her evil half ending the threat both posed.
- Semi-Perfect Form
Main article: Form Change The Semi-Perfect form is a form that is only used by the original Cell, as it is a midway between Imperfect and Perfect that can only be obtained when he absorbs one of the Androids.
- Perfect Form
Main article: Form Change
Cell attains a perfect form after absorbing Android 17 and Android 18. Cell Juniors (the offspring Cell) and Cell-X Juniors (the perfect offspring of Cell-X) also have perfect form since their birth. After using the Super Class-up, Genome possess a perfect form.
Cell's counterparts Present Cell and Future Cell never achieve their Perfect form in the manga or anime, but both take it in video games.
- Saiyan Forms
After surviving a near death experience Cell achieves his Super Perfect form, which is his version of Super Saiyan 2. It is a significantly more powerful version of Cell's Perfect form. Although all of Cell's other forms changed his appearance drastically, this form only increases his energy output to a degree where his "skin" becomes a lighter shade and his aura crackles with bio-electricity.
The demonic Bio-Metal Mira gains the Super Mira form through anger thanks to his Saiyan cells. Upon absorbing his creator Towa, Mira gains a form that resembles a tailless Super Saiyan 4 with silvery white fur presumably due to the influence of his Saiyan cells. Fu inherits the Super Mira form from Mira whom is his genetic "father" as Fu is Mira and Towa's artificially created genetic offspring. Damira also inherits Mira's Super Mira form as a permanent transformation triggered by Dabura and Mira's EX-Fusion.
- Dark Evolution
Main article: Dark Evolution A Perfect Bio-Android can take on a Dark Evolution when their Kili is mixed with Demon God power, this is displayed when Demon God Putine transforms Perfect Cell into Cell-X.
- God Power
In Dragon Ball Heroes, the Android Berserker Genome is capable of taking on a god state like all of the other avatars via God Class-up. His god state appears as a red version of the Perfect Bio-Android form and Genome's equivalent of Super Saiyan God.
By taking on a further power up using the Super God Class-up, Genome turns blue and his body alters somewhat. This form is Genome's equivalent of Super Saiyan Blue.
- Villainous Mode
In Xenoverse, Super Perfect Cell is granted third stage Villainous Mode when possessed by Demigra's Dark Magic during the Demon God Demigra Saga. It this state Cell gains red eyes with dark markings and a dark purple aura of Dark Energy which increases his power beyond what it was historically in Age 778.
In Xenoverse 2, Super Perfect Cell gains the second stage Supervillain form during certain missions or quests which gives him a glowing Time Breaker symbol on his head and glowing pink eyes while his carapace becomes pale and gains a metallic sheen along with a black and white aura of Dark Energy. Mira also gains the form by destroying his power limiter that keeps his enegy from overloading his body though in doing so he runs the risk of meltdown triggering him to self destruct which Towa theorizes could destroy the universe possibly even breach dimensions destroying the Multiverse or other timelines forcing Towa to consider working with the Time Patrol to subdue Mira to avert disaster.
Known Members of the Race
- Sandmen – Bio-Androids in Attack of the Saiyans.
- Yorgans – Bio-Androids in Attack of the Saiyans.
- Failed Experiments – Bio-Androids in Attack of the Saiyans.
- Cell – A bio-android created by Dr. Gero.
- Cell Juniors – The offspring of Cell.
- Cell Baby - Bio-Android in Dragon Ball RPG
- Synapse - Bio-Android in Dragon Ball RPG
- Super 17 w/ Cell absorbed – The form Super 17 takes after absorbing the Bio-Android Cell. The form appears in Dragon Ball Heroes only.
- Genome – A young Bio-Android who is the Android Berserker avatar in Dragon Ball Heroes, and who was named in Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission.
- Cell (First Form) - An offspring of Cell identical to his Imperfect form, created in Xenoverse as a sparring partner for the Future Warrior.
- Mira – A demonic android created by Towa, he is "The Universe's Forever Strongest Bio-Metal".
- Churai (seemingly)
- Fu - An artificial creation of Towa who possess the genetic material of Mira, probably Mechikabura, all of the strongest fighters as well as Towa herself.
- Cell-X Jrs. – Perfect offspring of Cell-X.
- Android 21 – A New Type Bio-Android.
- Android 21 (Good) - Android 21's good fission which represents Android 21's heart. Created as a result of Android 21's anguish over her role Android 16's death.
- Android 21 (Evil) - Android 21's evil fission which represents her evil personality that developed as a result of some of her cells going out of control. Created as a result of Android 21's anguish over her role in Android 16's death ironically cause Android 16 was trying to prevent her evil persona from absorbing Cell. After separating from her good counterpart, the evil 21 absorbed Cell, gaining his spots and increasing her power.
- Cell Baby
- Clone Cells – Fast grown mindless clones of Perfect Cell created by Android 21. The original Perfect Cell views them as little more than inferior copies.
- New Cell - The ultimate warrior created by Gero during the Tournament of Time.
- Android Majins - Time Breaker Bio-Android Majins.
- Ahms - Becomes part Bio-Android in his 2nd and 3rd forms thanks to absorbing Cell.
- Vegecell (Vegeta + Semi-Perfect Cell; "Fusion Frenzy")
- Cellza (Frieza + Perfect Cell; EX-Fusion)
- Damira (Dabura + Mira; EX-Fusion)
- Perfect 16 (Android 16 + Perfect Cell; EX-Fusion)
- Cell 17 (Android 17 + Perfect Cell; EX-Fusion)
- Ultimate Ultra Fusion (Frieza + Cell + Pinich + Wanta + Piprika; Five-Way Fusion)
- ↑ If Android 21 and Cell are on a team, she notes that both she and Cell are Bio-Androids. When the linked soul interacts with her she says she is a new type of Android.