- This article is about one of the techniques known as "Sphere of Destruction". For for others, see Sphere of Destruction (disambiguation).
"Now it's my turn!"
The Beerus Ball is a massive flaming energy sphere similar to that of the Sun. Beerus forms it by combining two smaller fiery spheres in his hands above his head, then hurls it at his opponent. Top's version of the attack is similar, though he uses two orbs of Energy of Destruction instead and fires the attack in front of him.
Long before the events of Dragon Ball Super, Beerus and Champa once fought over a Puff-Puff fruit that Beerus had eaten off of their shared birthday cake. The fight was so intense that multiple planets were decimated and the universe was at risk of following suit, moreso when Beerus charged his Beerus Ball in response to Champa's Chaotic Sphere of Destruction. However, Whis and Vados stepped in and knock the two Destroyer Gods down to stop their conflict.
During the anime, manga and movie events of Battle of Gods, Beerus fought against Super Saiyan God Goku and eventually used the Beerus Ball. In the anime, it was formed from a collision of Beerus's Cataclysmic Orb and Super Saiyan Goku's Limitbreaker Kamehameha, while in the manga and movie, Beerus simply formed the attack by himself and fired it at Goku, who then attempted to repel the attack. In the movie, Goku temporarily blacked out, but a vision of Chi-Chi and his friends gave him the power surge he needed to transform back into Super Saiyan God and absorb the Beerus Ball, stopping it from hitting Earth and exhausting him completely to his base form.
Seemingly have learned it from Beerus, Ultra Ego Vegeta uses the Beerus Ball in his bout with Granolah, noted to be his most powerful attack. Granolah is able to overpower the technique by evolving his left eye and strengthening his energy wave to come out on top.
- Z-Assist Sphere of Destruction - A variation of the Beerus Ball used by the Future Warrior in Dragon Ball Xenoverse when performing the technique while Beerus is their current Master. The Z-Assist causes the God of Destruction's soul (which appears as an astral projection of Beerus performing the technique) to go into the Future Warrior's body while their performing the technique increasing the power of the Warrior's Sphere of Destruction.
- DUAL Sphere of Destruction - A team attack variation of Beerus Ball that appears as Beerus' Dual Ultimate Attack in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 after the 1.09.00 Update. It allows the user of the skill (Future Warrior, Beerus, or Time Patroller NPCs) to perform an initiate attack than their compatible partner can follow up with a secondary assist which if successful will trigger the Dual Ultimate allowing them to attack as a pair with Sphere of Destruction.
- Beerus' Judgement - Beerus fires his Beerus Ball and then follows up with his Wrath of the God of Destruction. This move is his Final Ultimate Combo which in Extreme Butōden under the name Beerus' Bomb (Pursuit).
- Chaotic Sphere of Destruction - Champa's variation of Sphere of Destruction used by Champa. It is his Super Attack in Dragon Ball Super Scouter Battle.
- God of Destruction's Discipline - A smaller variation of Sphere of Destruction used by Champa. His Super Attack in Dragon Ball Heroes and World Mission.
- God of Destruction's Ingenuity - Belmod's equivalent of the technique.
- God of Destruction's Howl - Mosco's version of the technique.
Video Game Appearances
The technique debuted in Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle. This attack also appears in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, where it and the finger beam attack afterwards are part of Beerus' Super Attack called Beerus' Judgement.
It appears under the name Sphere of Destruction in Dragon Ball Xenoverse and is Beerus' signature Ultimate Skill which he will teach to the Future Warrior upon completion of his training as the Future Warrior's Master in Master Training Quest 03: "Mastery". If it is used in battle while Beerus is the Warrior's current Master then it can receive a Z-Assist. It is mistakenly referred to as Destruction Bomb in two of Beerus' Z-Souls.
Fury Beerus and God of Destruction Top use Sphere of Destruction as their super attack in Dragon Ball Heroes. It can also be learned by all Hero Avatars regardless of type via a wish to Super Shenron. Additionally, Champa's God of Destruction's Discipline Super Attack variation of Sphere of Destruction can be learned by all Hero Avatars regardless of type via another wish to Super Shenron. In the Big Bang Mission 5 (BM5) trailer for Dragon Ball Heroes, the new God of Destruction Hero avatar uses Sphere of Destruction against the Super Saiyan Blue Saiyan Hero who manages to counter it with a Kamehameha resulting in an energy clash, however the Saiyan Hero loses the clash causing the God of Destruction Hero, God of Destruction Elite, & God of Destruction Berserker to assume the Saiyan Hero is finished, only for him to fly out of the dust cloud alive as it is revealed that the Sphere of Destruction had pushed the Saiyan Hero to achieve Ultra Instinct Sign.
In Xenoverse, after Goku forfeits his fight with Beerus, Beerus appears to fall under the control of Demigra's Dark Magic and starts to create a Sphere of Destruction to apparently destroy the Earth. As Goku collapses from exhaustion and is taken back to Earth by Whis, Demigra's Mirage appears before the Future Warrior to gloat over his impending victory and all hope seems lost with the God of Destruction under his control and about to destroy the Earth creating a huge time distortion. However instead of using the attack to destroy the Earth, Beerus throws the ball at Demigra, though the Demon God manages to evade it just time. It is then revealed that Beerus' falling under Demigra's control was only a ruse to lure Demigra out of hiding so Beerus could destroy him with his Sphere of Destruction for the blasphemous act of trying to control the God of Destruction.
In Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden, Beerus uses this technique as his Air Ultimate Combo Beerus' Bomb in which he fires a single Beerus Ball at the opponent. Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle refers to the attack as God of Destruction's Edict.
"Fires a Ki Blast with all the power of a God of Destruction at the opponent currently locked onto."
— Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Tutorial description
"An Ultimate Attack requires the ultimate partner! Attack as a pair with a Sphere of Destruction!"
— Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Dual Ultimate Attack description
After the 1.09.00 Update, Beerus gains a new Dual Ultimate Attack variation called DUAL Sphere of Destruction which is a team attack variation of Sphere of Destruction. It can be learned by the Future Warrior after reaching Partner Level (maximum friendship) with Beerus as an Instructor.
In Dragon Ball Legends, as the Legendary Finish for Multi Sphere of Destruction, Legends Limited Beerus will fire a single Cataclysmic Orb (which appears under the name Sphere of Destruction as Beerus' Special Move Arts) which expands into a Beerus Ball (similar to the clash with Goku's Limit Breaker Kamehameha though it does this without the energy clash). Beerus increases the Beerus Ball's size and power further by flicking his fingers causing a huge explosion which leaves the opponent alive, but utterly defeated.
In Dragon Ball FighterZ, Sphere of Destruction (under the name Beerus Ball) features as one of Beerus' super attacks. On its own it is a powerful multihitting move, and with an additional super meter stock, Beerus can detonate the ball early for extra damage. It also features in his Dramatic Finish cutscene against Goku, recreating the climax of Battle of Gods where Beerus throws the ball at Goku (and the planet Earth) only for Goku to dispel it by briefly invoking the power of Super Saiyan God before losing consciousness, earning Beerus' respect.
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse, 2015
- Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, 2015
- Chouzenshuu 4, 2013
- Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden, 2015
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, 2016
- Dragon Ball Fusions, 2016
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission, 2019
- "Dragon Ball Q&A 7" section, Dragon Ball Full Color Frieza Saga volume 4, 2013. kanzenshuu.
- Beerus and Top's techniques are listed as the same in Dragon Ball Heroes
- DB Official Site