- This article is about one of the techniques known as "Sphere of Destruction". For for others, see Sphere of Destruction (disambiguation).
"Now it's my turn!"
In the film and manga, Beerus creates two medium-size flaming energy spheres in his hands and brings them above his head to create one single energy sphere resembling the Sun, which he throws at his opponent. In the anime the Beerus Ball is formed from the clash of Beerus' Cataclysmic Orb and Super Saiyan God Goku's Kamehameha.
Top combines two Energy of Destruction orbs together and then fires it at their foe.
During the battle between Beerus prepared his Beerus Ball in response to Champa's Chaotic Sphere of Destruction. However, Whis and Vados stepped in and knock the two Destroyer Gods down to stop their conflict.
In the Dragon Ball Super anime, after Beerus collided Goku's Limitbreaker Kamehameha with a Cataclysmic Orb, a Beerus Ball was formed, which Beerus then pushed towards Goku, as Goku held back the sphere, Beerus increased it's size by clicking his fingers several times. In the Dragon Ball Super manga, Beerus fired the attack at Super Saiyan God Goku in an attempt to end their battle, however Goku managed to repel the attack.
The God of Destruction uses this attack during his battle against Goku, while facing him above planet Earth, in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods. Goku stops Beerus' energy sphere, barely holding it back, and the screen suddenly blacks out. Chi-Chi and Goku's friends appear in Goku's mind, then he briefly transforms to Super Saiyan God again and absorbs the energy ball, and the fight ends with Goku completely exhausted and turning back to his base form.
In his Ultra Ego state, Vegeta creates a sphere of energy which destroys anything it touches. He uses it to clash with Granolah's energy wave but Granolah overpowers the attack. This is Vegeta's most powerful attack.
- Z-Assist Sphere of Destruction - A variation of the Beerus Ball used by the Future Warrior in Dragon Ball Xenoverse when performing the technique while Beerus is their current Master. The Z-Assist causes the God of Destruction's soul (which appears as an astral projection of Beerus performing the technique) to go into the Future Warrior's body while their performing the technique increasing the power of the Warrior's Sphere of Destruction.
- DUAL Sphere of Destruction - A team attack variation of Beerus Ball that appears as Beerus' Dual Ultimate Attack in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 after the 1.09.00 Update. It allows the user of the skill (Future Warrior, Beerus, or Time Patroller NPCs) to perform an initiate attack than their compatible partner can follow up with a secondary assist which if successful will trigger the Dual Ultimate allowing them to attack as a pair with Sphere of Destruction.
- Beerus' Judgement - Beerus fires his Beerus Ball and then follows up with his Wrath of the God of Destruction. This move is his Final Ultimate Combo which in Extreme Butōden under the name Beerus' Bomb (Pursuit).
- Chaotic Sphere of Destruction - Champa's variation of Sphere of Destruction used by Champa. It is his Super Attack in Dragon Ball Super Scouter Battle.
- God of Destruction's Discipline - A smaller variation of Sphere of Destruction used by Champa. His Super Attack in Dragon Ball Heroes and World Mission.
- God of Destruction's Ingenuity - Belmod's equivalent of the technique.
- God of Destruction's Howl - Mosco's version of the technique.
Video Game Appearances
The technique debuted in Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle. This attack also appears in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, where it and the finger beam attack afterwards are part of Beerus' Super Attack called Beerus' Judgement.
It appears under the name Sphere of Destruction in Dragon Ball Xenoverse and is Beerus' signature Ultimate Skill which he will teach to the Future Warrior upon completion of his training as the Future Warrior's Master in Master Training Quest 03: "Mastery". If it is used in battle while Beerus is the Warrior's current Master then it can receive a Z-Assist. It is mistakenly referred to as Destruction Bomb in two of Beerus' Z-Souls.
Fury Beerus and God of Destruction Top use Sphere of Destruction as their super attack in Dragon Ball Heroes. It can also be learned by all Hero Avatars regardless of type via a wish to Super Shenron. Additionally, Champa's God of Destruction's Discipline Super Attack variation of Sphere of Destruction can be learned by all Hero Avatars regardless of type via another wish to Super Shenron. In the Big Bang Mission 5 (BM5) trailer for Dragon Ball Heroes, the new God of Destruction Hero avatar uses Sphere of Destruction against the Super Saiyan Blue Saiyan Hero who manages to counter it with a Kamehameha resulting in an energy clash, however the Saiyan Hero loses the clash causing the God of Destruction Hero, God of Destruction Elite, & God of Destruction Berserker to assume the Saiyan Hero is finished, only for him to fly out of the dust cloud alive as it is revealed that the Sphere of Destruction had pushed the Saiyan Hero to achieve Ultra Instinct Sign.
In Xenoverse, after Goku forfeits his fight with Beerus, Beerus appears to fall under the control of Demigra's Dark Magic and starts to create a Sphere of Destruction to apparently destroy the Earth. As Goku collapses from exhaustion and is taken back to Earth by Whis, Demigra's Mirage appears before the Future Warrior to gloat over his impending victory and all hope seems lost with the God of Destruction under his control and about to destroy the Earth creating a huge time distortion. However instead of using the attack to destroy the Earth, Beerus throws the ball at Demigra, though the Demon God manages to evade it just time. It is then revealed that Beerus' falling under Demigra's control was only a ruse to lure Demigra out of hiding so Beerus could destroy him with his Sphere of Destruction for the blasphemous act of trying to control the God of Destruction.
In Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden, Beerus uses this technique as his Air Ultimate Combo Beerus' Bomb in which he fires a single Beerus Ball at the opponent. Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle refers to the attack as God of Destruction's Edict.
"Fires a Ki Blast with all the power of a God of Destruction at the opponent currently locked onto."
— Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Tutorial description
"An Ultimate Attack requires the ultimate partner! Attack as a pair with a Sphere of Destruction!"
— Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Dual Ultimate Attack description
After the 1.09.00 Update, Beerus gains a new Dual Ultimate Attack variation called DUAL Sphere of Destruction which is a team attack variation of Sphere of Destruction. It can be learned by the Future Warrior after reaching Partner Level (maximum friendship) with Beerus as an Instructor.
In Dragon Ball FighterZ, Sphere of Destruction (under the name Beerus Ball) features as one of Beerus' super attacks. On its own it is a powerful multihitting move, and with an additional super meter stock, Beerus can detonate the ball early for extra damage. It also features in his Dramatic Finish cutscene against Goku, recreating the climax of Battle of Gods where Beerus throws the ball at Goku (and the planet Earth) only for Goku to dispel it by briefly invoking the power of Super Saiyan God before losing consciousness, earning Beerus' respect.
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse, 2015
- Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, 2015
- Chouzenshuu 4, 2013
- Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden, 2015
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, 2016
- Dragon Ball Fusions, 2016
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission, 2019
- "Dragon Ball Q&A 7" section, Dragon Ball Full Color Frieza Saga volume 4, 2013. kanzenshuu.
- Beerus and Top's techniques are listed as the same in Dragon Ball Heroes
- DB Official Site