"Baby's Arrival" (大変だ!!地球にベビーが現れた Taihen da!! Chikyū ni Bebī ga Arawareta, lit. "This is Terrible!! Baby Appears on Earth") is the ninth episode of the Baby Saga and the twenty-fifth overall episode of Dragon Ball GT. This episode first aired in Japan on October 16, 1996. Its original American airdate was January 9, 2004.
The Dragon Team in space continue their search for the Black Star Dragon Balls on planet Tigere. At the same time something new has wandered to Earth. Earth is receiving new people from space every day, and that always mean that Baby could arrive.
Meanwhile, on Earth, Chi-Chi, Bulla, Bulma, Goten, and Vegeta begin to wonder where the others could be. The year is almost up, and they don't want to die. To ease some of the tension, Vegeta decides to shave his mustache with a little push from Bulla. Vegeta decides to make it where every one knows, but they just choose to ignore him.
Goten then leaves for his big date. Valese, the girl he is with, is on the rebound, so Goten decides to turn on his charm in the big city. He listens to her every word and takes her everywhere she wants to go.
Then some fights breaks out in the city. Mr. Satan decides to try and break it up, but his age and strength don't compare. Just then Goten arrives. Mr. Satan tries to convince him to fight, but Goten explains he is on a date. As he is talking to Mr. Satan, a human possessed by Baby prepares to attack Valese. Goten dispatches the first person and then two more easily enough, but then a fourth man appears and strikes Goten, catching him off-guard. Baby realizes Goten is a Saiyan and emerges from the man's body. The fight between the two begins, but will Goten have a chance to win?
- Vegeta shaves his mustache.
- Baby arrives on Earth where he confronts Goten.
- Goten vs. Hammer, Ax, Dollar, and Ronge (Baby Infected)
- Goten reappears with a new color scheme on his outfit in this arc.
- In the original Japanese dub, Chi-Chi says that Goku, Trunks and Pan have been out for nine months, and Bulma replies saying that there are only four months left until the Earth explodes. This, however, is contradictory with the statement made in "A Devastating Wish". The planet was to explode in a year, which is twelve months long, not thirteen, as Chi-Chi and Bulma say.
- This is the first episode to air in Japan following Dragon Ball Z's premiere in the US.
|← Black Star Dragon Ball Saga||Super 17 Saga →|
|Recap • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • 21 • 22 • 23 • 24 • 25 • 26 • 27 • 28 • 29 • 30 • 31 • 32 • 33 • 34 • 35 • 36 • 37 • 38 • 39 • 40|
|This saga is TV Original and not based on the manga.|