"Let us wash down the sweet taste of revenge by sipping from this cup of power. My friends, what the Saiyans have destroyed, we will rebuild. This is it."
Baby (ベビー Bebī) is the last survivor of the Tuffle race who is rebuilt by his creation, Dr. Myuu as a Machine Mutant to exterminate the Saiyans and restore his kind by controlling everyone on Earth. He is the main antagonist of the Baby Saga in Dragon Ball GT.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Dragon Ball Wiki by , or perhaps you could contribute to discussion on the topic.|
Initially, Baby is single-minded in reviving the Tuffle race and exterminating the Saiyans. Over time, it is shown that he is cunning enough to dominate the Dragon Team, possessing Vegeta and successfully restoring the Tuffles' home planet. However, befitting his name, Baby is also incredibly childish and immature; he is very prone to taunting and flies into a rage if he is teased enough. Ironically, despite seeing the Saiyans as a barbaric race, he displays enjoyment in battle as well; upon becoming a Golden Great Ape, Baby pretends that he is on a mindless rampage (which is a common occurrence among the Great Apes and Golden Great Apes), and massacres countless followers as a means of testing out his abilities. He is very smart and has an extremely egotistical and selfish personality. Baby cares very little if not at all about the lives of others, as he is seen killing his own followers who worshipped him like a king. But he still is shown to care about other things, as he gives credit to Bulma, who was probably made his queen, most likely due to Vegeta's affection for her, for giving him energy with the Blutz Wave Generator, and he does not want the battle to destroy his own planet.
After he receives energy from his followers, becoming Super Baby Vegeta, his cruelty becomes more pronounced, and he states that each and every living being should be considered his slave. Due to the Tuffle King's DNA within Baby, he is also tremendously proud, and he prefers to fight one-on-one. Being one of the two survivors of the Tuffle race (the other being Dr. Lychee), who were all but exterminated by the Saiyans, he bears a deep hatred of the Saiyans. Unlike other villains of the series (with the exceptions of the Zamases), Baby is not instinctively acting on evil intention alone. He is an antagonist to the protagonists of the storyline, but he is seeking vengeance for all the misfortune that was brought unto him and his own race by the Saiyans. However, much like the Zamases, Baby ultimately ends up becoming the very thing he despises to acquire the power of the Saiyans, bringing misery by infecting most of the Earthlings and surviving Saiyan hybrids in order to established a new Tuffle empire with which he planned to conquer the universe, which he feels entitled to rule.
Baby is from a far away galaxy. During the Saiyan-Tuffle war, the last of the Tuffles created genetically superior life forms, parasite-like organisms, which they infused with the DNA of the Tuffle King. These organisms were spread throughout the universe around Age 730, with the overall goal to destroy the Saiyans in revenge for the destruction of the Tuffles by King Vegeta and his Saiyan forces. Baby was the first Tuffle parasite to return and try to obtain vengeance against the Saiyan race. While drifting through space, at Age 735, Baby swears vengeance against the Saiyans for wiping out the Tuffles and furthermore devises the "Universal Tuffleization Plan" in order to revive the Tuffles. In Age 740, Baby manufactures Dr. Myuu in order to gather the resurrection energy he needs to obtain a powerful body. Baby programs Myuu with the method of developing Machine Mutants, and production began on Luud, M-2, and the others. Seemingly created as a "last resort" by the demented Machine Mutant Dr. Myuu, Baby is a parasite whose purpose for living is to see through the annihilation of the Saiyan race and domination of the universe in the name of the Tuffles. However, as his name implies, Baby is highly immature and is prone to fits of rage and panic, as well as not taking his battles seriously. It is also implied that "Baby" was not his original name, or at least that this is not what he was intended to be dubbed, as Baby does not initially recognized the titled and begins to dislike it. During the battle between the Baby-possessed Gohan and Goten against Vegeta, Baby reveals to Vegeta his true Tuffle background and how he was created.
Dragon Ball GT
Main article: Baby Saga
Baby is first confronted by Goku, Pan, and Trunks while they are on the planet M-2, home to Dr. Myuu. During the encounter, Baby is still confined to a tank of liquid, where he is completing his regeneration. Although Trunks seemingly stops the process and dooms the parasite, Baby's inner rage boils when the mention of a "Saiyan" causes him to awaken forcefully. Still, Baby proves to be no match for the three Saiyans, and so he makes his escape by stowing himself away within Dr. Myuu's body. After Dr. Myuu narrowly escapes, Baby bursts his way out of Myuu's body and berates Myuu for forgetting who the "true master" is, revealing that it was he who created Dr. Myuu to revive him and give him the ability to create the other Machine Mutants. Baby finds a Black Star Dragon Ball inside Dr. Myuu's mechanical head and plans a trap for Goku, Pan and Trunks after failing to stop them from departing from M-2 inside General Rilldo's body. Baby then slaughters an entire spaceship crew and takes the body of a young alien boy and hides the Dragon Ball in order to trap the Saiyans. The plan works, and Baby, as the child, is taken by the trio to a hospital on planet Pital, where he escapes the boy's body and enters into a body of a doctor. Seeing his chance, Baby catches Trunks alone and enters his body through a cut in Trunks' shoulder. Unfortunately for Baby, Trunks proves to have enough willpower to withstand the parasite, and Baby is forced to break out of his body. Being no match for the might of Goku, Pan, and Trunks, Baby flees the planet using an Eye Flash and makes his way to Earth, seeking the remaining Saiyans here.
Upon arriving on Earth, Baby begins his rampage by seizing the bodies of several Earthlings before seizing Goten's body after he confronts Baby's rampaging human hosts. Baby Goten challenges Gohan to a battle during which he switches possession of bodies in favor of Gohan's, but not before leaving an egg implanted inside of Goten, putting him under Baby's control. Baby Gohan locate Vegeta and reveals Baby's origins to Vegeta which causes a battle between them. That is until, with the help of an ambush by Baby Goten, one of Baby Gohan's attacks pierces Vegeta's skin, and allows Baby to commandeer Vegeta's body, gaining control of a superior host yet becoming the very thing he despises as Vegeta unlike his previous hosts is pure Saiyan. Baby even begins emulating the Saiyans by seeking to found a new Tuffle empire by infecting most Earthlings and Saiyan hybrids on Earth with Tuffle parasites turning them into his slaves who worship Baby. Recognizing the Tuffle-like genius of the Infected Bulma and due to her being Vegeta's wife, Baby takes her as a consort and chief subordinate to help him manage his new empire. Bulla, Chi-Chi, and Videl are also infected as well turning them against Goku and Pan.
Having brought the population of Earth under his control, Baby Vegeta is stunned by an encounter with Goku, who has recently returned to Earth. Baby Vegeta reveals to Goku that he has Earth placed under his control, unaware that Pan, Good Buu, and Mr. Satan are free from his possession as well. Trunks, who appeared not to have suffered any repercussions of Baby's attempt to control him, has been captured after all, as Baby implanted his seed within Trunks in an effort to overtake him at a later time similar to his possession of Goten. Goku then challenges Baby Vegeta to a fight that is evenly matched. However, Baby Vegeta gains the upper hand when Goku reverts to normal, and Goku discovers Baby's greatest weakness: his temper. Though he is clearly losing, Goku taunts and goads him, with Baby falling for every taunt, unable to shrug off Goku's remarks. The controlled Saiyans lend Baby enough energy to transform into Super Baby Vegeta. He gathers more energy shortly thereafter, this time from all the people of Earth under his control, and transforms into a more powerful form: Super Baby Vegeta 2. With his new power, Baby Vegeta easily dominates Goku and unleashes a presumably fatal Revenge Death Ball upon Goku, who is nowhere to be seen following the explosion that ensues.
Baby decides to carry out the final phase of his plan: to use the Black Star Dragon Balls to wish for the return of the Planet Plant, which Baby re-dubs "Planet Tuffle", and to relocate the Earthlings to the rebirthed planet via spaceships. When his progress is interrupted by Pan, Majin Buu, and Mr. Satan, Baby Vegeta orders Gohan and Videl to execute Pan. Fortunately, the young Saiyan is rescued at the last minute by Uub, Goku's esteemed pupil who avoided being infected.
Uub and Baby Vegeta then engage each other in combat and seem to be evenly matched. Gohan, Goten, and Trunks come to assist Baby Vegeta, but their aid is revealed to be unnecessary, as Baby Vegeta claims to have been merely toying with Uub, before blasting them aside for their lack of faith. Baby Vegeta then fights Uub with his full power and moves in for the kill by firing a Revenge Death Ball at the young warrior. However, unknown to Baby Vegeta who receives a report from Bulma and leaves for Planet Tuffle, Uub survives the attack thanks to the timely intervention of Majin Buu.
To his shock, Baby Vegeta is confronted once again by Uub, the latter having fused with Majin Buu since their last encounter and been rechristened Majuub. Baby Vegeta and Majuub's conflict is once again evenly matched, until Majuub demonstrates one of his abilities inherited by the fusion, the Transfiguration Beam, accidentally against a number of hypnotized bystanders, transforming them into chocolate. Baby Vegeta is on the verge of defeat when Majuub fires a Chocolate Kamehameha at him. Baby Vegeta however, declares that he has had "enough playing," and further exerts himself, deflecting the energy wave back at Majuub, resulting in the fighter being reduced to a harmless piece of chocolate which Baby Vegeta proceeds to eat.
"What am I doing? Anything I can to see that horrified, confused look on your face."
Majuub's defeat signals the return of Goku, who was previously believed to have been decimated by Baby Vegeta's Revenge Death Ball. Having regrown his tail in his absence, Goku engages Baby Vegeta in combat but is still overpowered by the possessed Saiyan. Baby Vegeta moves in for the final blow when Goku undergoes a mysterious transformation by staring at the Earth; Baby Vegeta witnesses Goku transform into a Golden Great Ape. Free of reserve, Goku proceeds to rampage the surface of the planet, with Baby Vegeta barely able to dodge Goku's blows. However Goku begins indiscriminately rampaging as he always lacked control over his Great Ape form which holds true for Golden Great Ape as well.
Eventually, the raging Goku is confronted by Pan, who calms his senses and sparks his ultimate transformation: Super Saiyan 4. Baby Vegeta and Goku resume their fight. When Baby Vegeta realizes he cannot defeat Goku at his current power level, he enlists Bulma's help to give him more power; the result of this is a Blutz Wave Generator created by Bulma. In a desperate move, she targets Baby Vegeta with the Blutz Wave Generator, transforming him into a Golden Great Ape as he had previously observed with Goku. Although Baby Vegeta's power increases beyond that of his adversary, he goes into a blind rage, destroying much of his own city. Goku attempts to lure the uncontrollable monster to an uninhabited area, until Baby Vegeta curiously blindsides him with a Ki Blast, something he would be incapable of tactically doing if he were out of his own body's control, due to his rage.
Baby Vegeta confesses that he is in complete control of his senses due to Vegeta's ability to retain conscious control over the form, and explains that the destruction he previously caused was again an act of "playing". He goes on to remind Goku that while his host Vegeta has become a Golden Great Ape, Baby remains the dominant identity in control (this dialogue was removed in the Funimation dub of this particular episode, replacing it with an explanation of why Baby Vegeta's mouth does not move when he talks) apparently failing to realize Vegeta can control himself in his normal Great Ape form. After swatting Goku away, Baby decides to further demonstrate his superior power by blasting the Saiyan with a series of devastating energy waves. Because Goku manages to avoid these, Baby changes tactics, targeting Goku's family. Finally, Baby Vegeta and Goku come to blows, leading the parasite to spite Goku further by blasting the Earth with an uncharged Super Galick Gun, which destroys much of Satan City in an explosion visible from Planet Tuffle. In retaliation, Goku blasts Baby Vegeta with a 10x Kamehameha, which appears to have no effect.
While the force does not affect Baby Vegeta, its potency is enough to paralyze the Golden Great Ape for a few moments. Eventually, Baby Vegeta and Goku both land knockout punches on each other and collapse in exhaustion. This prompts Bulma, still possessed by Baby, to use the Blutz Wave Generator to replenish Baby Vegeta's energy. However, these waves also reach Goku and are enough to revitalize him. Fully refreshed, however, Baby Vegeta's power is far beyond Goku's reach. Making matters worse, Baby Vegeta sets his targets toward Goku's friends and family, who have joined the battle since being freed from Baby's control. Because Baby is aware of the power Goku has lost over the course of the struggle, Goku's taunting and psychological tactics prove helpless, and Baby ignores him as he attacks the others.
Deciding to bring the fight to an end with a heavily charged Super Galick Gun, Baby prepares to wipe everyone out when Majuub, revealed to still be active inside Vegeta's body, powers up within and attacks his innards, causing him great pain and halting his lethal blast. Baby Vegeta is frustrated at being relatively powerless against an attacker that is inside of him, driving him to regurgitate Majuub. Baby Vegeta notices that during this commotion, Trunks, Goten, Gohan, and Pan have been lending their energy to Goku, which enrages Baby. To stop them, Baby Vegeta launches a Super Galick Gun at the five Saiyans. Although Pan, Trunks, Gohan and Goten are knocked out, Goku emerges from the explosion unharmed, renewed and prepared to resume the battle against the Tuffle parasite.
Having been weakened by Majuub's earlier attack and due to the Dragon Team's borrowed energy, Goku is more than a match for Baby. Due to his complete lack of focus and ever-increasing rage, Baby Vegeta finds himself unable to get the better of the Super Saiyan 4, who takes this opportunity to use a Ki Blast to blown off Vegeta's tail, reverting him to a battered Super Baby Vegeta. In the Spanish dub and the original Japanese, Baby remarks that Vegeta's shell transforming into a Golden Great Ape caused Baby to undergo a change as well, as in his adult form, Baby would not have been able to stay within Vegeta's body had it returned to normal size.
In a last resort effort to survive, Baby leaves Vegeta's body and attempts to escape from Planet Tuffle in his spaceship. To his shock, Baby's last sight is that of Goku firing a 10x Kamehameha towards his craft, sending it hurtling into the Sun and killing the evil Tuffle parasite for good. After Baby's demise, the Sacred Water at The Lookout is used to cure all of Baby's victims.
Other Dragon Ball Stories
Main article: Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission Baby is featured as the main antagonist in the Introduction Saga. When Beat goes in game to attempt Galaxy Mission 4, Baby Janemba - the fusion of Baby and Janemba - appears and so Beat fights him using a team made up of Trunks, Goten, Gogeta, and Gohan. Beat, Gohan, and Goten turn into Super Saiyans, while Trunks and Gogeta go Super Saiyan 3 as they rush at Baby Janemba.
Later in-game, Baby appears as Baby Vegeta, and Beat faces off against him with a team composed of Super Saiyan 3 Goku, Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta, Super Saiyan 3 Trunks, and Pan. Beat uses his summoning card to summon Luud, who attacks Baby Vegeta with his Crimson Scream attack. However, Baby Vegeta transforms into Super Baby Vegeta and defeats Beat.
Scouter Battle Taikan Kamehameha - Ora to Omee to Scouter
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Scouter Battle Taikan Kamehame Ha - Ora to Omee to Scouter While Baby is not shown escaping from Hell during the Super 17 Saga in the anime, the game reveals that he did escape, retaining his Baby Vegeta form. He fights the Z Fighters as Super Baby 2, before transforming into Golden Great Ape Baby. He is defeated again and sent back to Hell.
Main article: Dragon Ball Xenoverse During GT Saga Part 1, Demigra's Wormhole grants Infected Trunks with second stage Villainous Mode and he corners Pan to stop her from helping Goku gain control of himself as a Golden Great Ape to obtain Super Saiyan 4. Trunks: Xeno sends his partner the Future Warrior to assist Pan against his Infected GT counterpart. The Future Warrior defeats Dark Infected Super Saiyan Trunks. Great Ape Baby confronts them and Pan leaves to help her grandpa who becomes a Super Saiyan 4. SSJ4 Goku joins the fight and together with the Future Warrior defeats Great Ape Baby. However, Great Ape Baby is swallowed by a wormhole. Goku thanks the Future Warrior for saving Pan.
During the GT Saga Part 2, the Future Warrior and Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta are swallowed by the wormhole after defeating Dark Omega Shenron. They find themselves somewhere on Earth confronted by Dark Great Ape Baby, Dark Super 17, and Dark Omega Shenron. The GT villains team up to take SSJ4 Gogeta and the Future Warrior down. Great Ape Baby reveals he intends to conquer the Universe while Super 17 simply desires to prove he is the ultimate Android, and Omega Shenron desires to destroy the universe which Baby seeks to conquer though they put aside their differences to eliminate Gogeta and the Future Warrior but are defeated and Trunks: Xeno arrives to return the villains to their proper place in the timeline briefly having a reunion with Vegeta and Goku as SSJ4s after they defuse.
Main article: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Great Ape Baby appears as a boss in certain Parallel Quests and Expert Missions but does not appear in the main or Extra Story. After the 1.10.00 Update, Super Baby 2 appears on Conton City Radio to mockingly challenge the Time Patrol to stop him though doesn't appear in Conton City physically.
- New Time Fragment Timelines
As part of the Extra Pack 3 DLC, Super Baby 2 appears in several New Parallel Quest scenarios.
In New Parallel Quest 123: "Planetary Possession", the Time Patrol sends Patrollers to pretend to be Baby's followers to help him acquire the Black Star Dragon Balls. However, Piccolo, Majin Buu, Pan, Trunks, and Goku all escape being infected by Baby. After they are defeated during an Ultimate Finish scenario, Baby is confronted by Omega Shenron, Nouva Shenron, and Eis Shenron revealing Baby had been collecting the wrong set of Dragon Balls forcing Super Baby 2 and the Time Patrol to defeat the Shadow Dragons.
In New Parallel Quest 124: "Downfall of the Ultimate Saiyan", Baby manages to infect Pan with a Tuffle parasite along with Trunks turning Pan against SSJ4 Goku. Baby uses Pan and Trunks' to give him energy to heal any serious injuries Baby receives allowing him to defeat an exhausted SSJ4 Goku as the Time Patrol arrive to provide backup. Pan and Trunks lose health whenever they heal Baby which the Time Patrol discover is Baby's Achilles' heel as he cannot heal if his slaves runout of health or are defeated. However Baby manages to complete the Blutz Wave Generator and if Baby heals three times then after he is defeated he transforms into Great Ape Baby and both the Infected Pan and Infected Trunks revive gaining the Supervillain power-up. However, the Time Patrol defeat them and Baby's slaves are presumably freed.
In New Parallel Quest 127: "Multiverse Match of the Century", the Time Patrol encounter a timeline where inhabitants from different timelines confront one another such as SSJ4 Vegeta versus SSGSS Vegeta, Super Saiyan Kefla versus SSJ4 Goku, and Super Baby 2 confronting SSGSS Goku. Baby dismisses Goku's Super Saiyan Blue form as little more than a useless and gaudy transformation. However he notices the Time Patrollors escaped his control and decides to confront them first with Goku joining in simply for the challenge. If they are defeated within 8 minutes, an Ultimate Finish scenario triggers where the Time Patrol face off against Vegito Blue, Kefla, SSJ4 Gogeta, and Super Baby 2.
Main article: Dragon Ball Fusions In Dragon Ball Fusions, Tekka's Team encounters Baby during Story Event: " Gather the Dragon Balls!". While searching for a Dragon Ball in Area 2F of the Timespace Rift, they find Hirudegarn near Satan City under Baby's possession. Tekka's Team then face off against Baby Hirudegarn and his team in a boss battle. Baby Hirudegarn's allies respawn when KO'd forcing Tekka's Team to foucs on KOing Baby Hirudegarn. They eventually manage to defeat Baby Hirudegarn forcing Baby to abandon his Phantom Majin host allowing Tekka's Team to enter the city to acquire the Three-Star Dragon Ball. During Sub-Event: "A Hellish Undertaking", Baby is one of the 6 escaped villains King Yemma tasks Tekka's Team with tracking down. Baby himself can be found under the Tournament Arena in Area 5F. Defeating all 6 six villains makes Teen Baby scoutable along with Kid Buu, Super Janemba, Super 17, and Omega Shenron. Once scoutable, Baby can be recruited by KOing him with a Zenkai Attack. Baby also appears as the main antagonist in Sub-Event: "Monstrous Manipulator".
When he first appeared in his infant form, he seemed so powerful, that his scream blew back Goku, Trunks, and Pan. Additionally, Myuu believed Baby could defeat the three, despite being aware that Goku was strong enough to hold his own against and outmatch General Rilldo. When arriving on Earth, in his teen form he put up a fight against Super Saiyan Goten.
Goku notes that Baby Vegeta as a Super Saiyan is an even match for kid Goku as a Super Saiyan 3 (who cannot use the form's true power without his tail). After receiving energy from Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Bulla and transforming into Strongest Form 1, Goku notes that he hasn't ever felt a ki as incredible as Baby's and Baby says he's now obtained the greatest Saiyan power. In Strongest Form 2, Baby Vegeta is capable of defeating Majuub by using his full power, however, he is still defeated, though not as bad as previously. After Goku re-obtains his tail he believes that his power has skyrocketed and that he is strong enough to defeat Super Baby 2 though Baby thinks his power has not changed at all and while Goku can hold his own, Baby proves undamaged by his assault. While in Strongest Form 2, in the initial phase of their fight Baby Vegeta is able to hold his own against Super Saiyan 4 Goku, and even hurt him, though he is overall outmatched in the battle, he then uses a Revenge Death Ball, though Goku takes the attack head-on with no damage. As a Golden Great Ape, he has similar power to Super Saiyan 4 Goku. According to Gohan & the GT Perfect Files, he's slightly stronger. During the final battle and having his powers restored and then further amplified by additional Blutz Waves (in the Japanese dub he only has his full power restored, not increased), he greatly overpowers even Super Saiyan 4 Goku (though he was low on energy and injured having fought Baby for a while prior), and as such has to be fought using psychological tactics, rather than brute force. At a fraction of his power, his uncharged Super Galick Gun is able to do enough damage to the surface of the Earth to be visible from Planet Tuffle, and Old Kai fears that one of his charged attacks would destroy the planet outright. In addition, the expulsion of his aura as Golden Great Ape Baby Vegeta powers up levels much of his city; even his screams are capable of considerable damage. However, once Goku was fully-charged by the combined energy from Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Pan, Baby puts up another even fight, but when Goku absorbs his Revenge Death Ball, he finds himself completely outmatched.
Baby's not yet attained perfect adult form is referred to by Trunks at the start of the Baby Saga to possess power greater than anything else, implying that at the very least Adult Baby is stronger than Super Saiyan 3 Goku. However, after he did obtain it he was easily eliminated by Super Saiyan 4 Goku.
- Statements by authors and guidebooks
Baby is noted by the GT Perfect Files to be the strongest of enemies. In the first volume, it's stated "Baby, the strongest of enemies, powered up by absorbing the energy of other life-forms and transforming again and again... Here's all about that!!". It is also stated that his power as a Golden Great Ape is superior to Super Saiyan 4 Goku's.
- Video games
According to the video game Dragon Ball Z: Scouter Battle Taikan Kamehameha - Ora to Omee to Scouter, Super Baby Vegeta 2's power level is 1,300,000,000 and Great Ape Baby's power level is 1,580,000,000. When fought again in a special mission his power level is 1,559,936,524 as Super Baby 2 and 1,895,922,852 as Great Ape Baby.
In Dragon Ball Fusions, Baby manages to acquire Hirudegarn as a host while inside the Timespace Rift and confronts Tekka's Team including his old adversary Pan, along with Kid Goku (post King Piccolo Saga), Kid Trunks (Dragon Ball Super), and Kid Goten (Dragon Ball Super). Hirudegarn is the ideal host for Adult Baby due to his immense size and power. However they manage to defeat Baby Hirudegarn forcing Baby to flee his newly acquired host.
In Xenoverse 2, Super Baby 2 fights Super Saiyan Blue Goku in a time fragment timeline. Baby considers Goku's new form gaudy and useless against his power but this is implied to be due to Baby's arrogance, being ignorant of Godly ki, and unable to sense SSGSS Goku's ki thus assuming the form has no real power. However in another timeline, Baby infects Pan along with Trunks who supply Baby with enough power to defeat Super Saiyan 4 Goku forcing the Time Patrol to intervene. However, Baby is healed by his slaves forcing the Time Patrol to defeat Infected Pan and Trunks or wait until they run out of health as healing Baby drains their health. Meanwhile, Baby reveals he has completed the Blutz Wave Generator allowing him to transform into Great Ape Baby. Despite his revived slaves being empowered by the Supervillain power-up, Great Ape Baby, Infected Supervillain Pan, and Infected Supervillain Trunks are defeated by the Time Patrol. In another timeline while collecting Dragon Balls he encounters the Shadow Dragons Omega Shenron, Eis Shenron, and Nouva Shenron whom he defeats with the Time Patrol's assistance.
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave. He can fire them in the form of multiple razor shards of energy to create wounds so that he can enter a body through.
- Body Manipulation - An ability that allows the user to freely manipulate his/her own body structure.
- Liquefaction - The ability to liquefy through metal and other solid objects. Baby's liquefying ability is called Liquidity in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Regeneration – The ability to regrow certain body parts or cells that have been dismembered or destroyed and replace them with brand new cells, or simply regrouping all of their separated parts back together.
- Possession - The technique involves one being forcibly taking over the body of another, acquiring their power and abilities in the process.
- Energy Absorption - Baby can absorb energy from those he possesses; if he so chooses, he can suck his victims dry completely.
- Tuffleization – The special ability to transform the host fully into a Tuffle hybrid.
- Evil Plans – The physical attack used by Baby to kill Dr. Myuu on M-2. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Revenge Blast – Baby releases a pink Explosive Wave through his scream, causing severe damage to his surroundings. As Great Ape Baby, his screams are capable of causing collateral damage. Revenge Blast is Baby's special technique in Dragon Ball Heroes, and the regular Explosive Wave is one of Baby Vegeta's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Eye Flash – A technique similar in essence to the Solar Flare, where the user releases a bright flash of light from their eyes, temporarily blinding the opponent. The version used by Adult Baby is called Imminent Destruction in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Fistful of Pain – A punch used against Goku by Baby Vegeta (Super Saiyan). Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Full Power Energy Blast Volley – The user fires flurries of large, bright Ki Blasts that is more powerful than the average energy volley. It is useful for quick, effective, as well as causing massive accumulations of damage to the foes. The difference with the Full Power Energy Barrage Wave is that the user does not move his hands while firing it. The waves themselves just chase the opponent.
- Reverse Shot - Baby fires a stream of magenta blasts at the target, causing moderate damage. As the technique's name suggests, any blasts that miss reverse their direction and hit the target from the back.
- Revenge Death Ball – The sphere is comprised of the pure negative, dark-blue energy of all the possessed people under Baby's control, making it an evil Spirit Bomb, of some sort. Unlike the Spirit Bomb, however, the energy is evidently stored within Baby, and can be replicated (and possibly amplified) at any time after the initial energy is absorbed. The Revenge Death Ball appears to be highly volatile as it will explode upon contact with anything, even the ground, making it unable to penetrate the surface of the Earth, like Frieza's Death Ball is able to, though it can destroy a planet upon contact, if he chooses to use the full power of the blast.
- Flaming Death Ball – Great Ape Baby raises his hands above his head and charges a Revenge Death Ball. When he fires it at the opponent, the attack's color changes to dark red and has a flaming coating surrounding it, inflicting greater damage through a powerful flaming explosion.
- Revenge Death Ball Final – The attack is charged and maintained the same way, but with much more power.
- Afterimage Technique – An ability to move so swiftly that an image of the user is left behind. One of Super Baby Vegeta's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Destructo Disc – A razor-sharp disc of Ki that can slice through almost any substance.
- Final Flash – The user draws both hands back while gathering ki. Then, the user place bottom of their palms together, forming a sphere of energy that emits sporadic bolts of electric yellow ki that shoot out in all direction. Finally, the user discharges a massive golden beam of energy with electric ki streaming around it towards his opponent. In the Japanese dub, when he performs the Final Flash, he declares "Big Bang Attack" launching the blast. In the Funimation dub, this was changed to Baby calling out "Final Flash" (possibly to avoid the confusion experienced with the Japanese dub, coupled with the fact that Funimation's dubs have never used the words "Big Bang Attack"). It is called "Final Flash" in his first two forms in Budokai Tenkaichi series, but "Big Bang Attack" in his third form. It is also correctly called in Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World.
- Big Bang Attack – Baby extends his arm, opens his palm and turns his hand up at a 90 degree angle. He then powers up and fires a powerful energy sphere at the opponent. This attack creates an enormous explosion upon contact and leaves a huge mushroom cloud. He performs it regularly in Infinite World.
- Variant Drive - The user charges forward delivering either a punch and knee strike to the opponent or firing an unblockable Kiai in a Final Flash-like stance.
- Crushing in Hands – The user grabs his opponent in a powerful hand grip and crushes his/her bones. It is Great Ape Baby's Throw in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Fire Breath – The user fires an immense, blazing flare or fire balls from their mouth that severely burns its target(s), and causes destructive effects to any area that is caught within the flames.
- Mouth Energy Wave – The user fires a large amount of energy from their mouth. It is one of his super attacks in Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout.
- Super Galick Gun – To perform the Super Galick Gun, the user places his hands up to his side and forms energy between his hands, the same as the normal version. Then, he fires a Galick Gun that is bigger and much more powerful than the normal version, inflicting a huge amount of damage.
- Continuous Super Galick Gun – Baby holds his hands back as if he were about to use the Super Galick Gun. Then, he forms a purplish-pink aura as he fires many whitish-blue energy spheres in a very rapid rate at the opponent, inflicting a great deal of damage.
- Mystic Attack – A technique that allows the user to extend their arms to great lengths. Used by General Rilldo when possessed by Baby.
- Buster Cannon – Baby draws his hands back down to his sides and charges two blue energy spheres in his hands. Then, he combines them together in front of him to fire the energy wave at the opponent, inflicting a great amount of damage. Used by Trunks when possessed by Baby.
- Kamehameha – A powerful Ki blast fired with two hands after concentrating a large amount of Ki. Used by Gohan when possessed by Baby. It is blue in Baby Gohan's first usage but seems to turn pink in color later on.
- Dark Eyes – The turns into ectoplasm to prevent damage, and reappears in front of the enemy for a surprise attack. Used by Hirudegarn when possessed by Baby.
- Hi-Tension – One of Baby Vegeta's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Full Power – One of Super Baby Vegeta 2's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Explosive Wave – One of his Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Howl – One of Great Ape Baby's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Great Ape Beam - A sweeping Mouth Energy Wave Super Skill used by Great Ape Baby in the Xenoverse series.
- Super Great Ape Beam - A Ultimate Skill variant of Great Ape Beam used in the Xenoverse series where Great Ape Baby jumps in the air and levitates charging an energy wave in his mouth, then fires it at the ground creating a large explosion.
- Larval Form
In his Larval Form, Baby is very small and must crawl as a form of movement, like an actual baby. At first, he seems very simple and easily takes orders from Dr. Myuu. Afterwards, however, he becomes self-aware and very intelligent. While stronger than the other Machine Mutants like Luud and General Rilldo, on his own Baby is no match for Goku and the others. When liquefying, he becomes a thick and silvery ooze capable of partially emerging from the body of his host.
- Infected Myuu
After his body is blasted to pieces shortly after his release, Baby infects the damaged Dr. Myuu, using him to escape from Myuu's planet and killing his host by bursting from his back once he has outlived his usefulness.
- Infected Rilldo
Main articles: Parasitism and General Rilldo Baby possessed General Rilldo for a short time in an attempt to stop the Saiyans from leaving Planet M-2, only for Rilldo to be destroyed. While in the possession of Baby, Rilldo can use the Mystic Attack.
- Minor hosts
Main article: Parasitism Baby possesses multiple minor characters. He first possesses an unnamed Alien Boy, and then an alien doctor and an alien woman. Upon arriving on Earth, Baby possesses four earthlings, who are named Hammer (ハンマー), Ax (アクス), Dollar (二ドル), and Ronge (ロンゲ) in the Carddass series.
- Infected Trunks
Shortly after he is revealed to have survived his first encounter with the three Saiyans, Baby invades Trunks' body for a brief period of time, attacking Goku and Pan, before separating, having implanted a mind-controlling egg within Trunks. The only physical change is his eyes are outlined in black.
- Boy body
A form referred to as Boy body (少年体 Shōnen-tai) or Child Form. After invading several peoples' bodies on Earth, Baby's physical body assumes its first transformation, taking on a more mature appearance and carrying shoulder pads. He also becomes fairly stronger, but is still unable to fight any of the Saiyans one-on-one. In this form, Baby also becomes more adept at utilizing his liquefied state, even to the point of being able to shift through energy waves, as well as possessing people much more efficiently.
- Infected Goten
Upon becoming a teenager, Baby takes control of Goten, who he is content with possessing until Gohan appears. Baby does not hesitate to take action, and engages Gohan in battle, during which he is successful in passing into Gohan's body, but not before leaving a mind-controlling egg within Goten's body. The only physical change is his eyes are outlined in black.
- Infected Gohan
While in possession of Gohan's body, Baby briefly fights Piccolo. Defeating the Super Namek with a Super Kamehameha. Baby seems confident when he engages Vegeta in battle and was winning. Then a possessed Goten shows up, and he and Gohan overpower Vegeta allowing Baby to take control of Vegeta. though Baby leaves an egg planted within Gohan. The power of Baby Gohan is second only to the parasite's Baby Vegeta transformations. The only physical change in his eyes are outlined in black.
- Baby Vegeta
Baby Vegeta (ベジータベビー Bejīta Bebī) is the form assumed when Baby takes control of Vegeta. Due to Baby settling on Vegeta as his permanent host, Vegeta's body experiences some physical alterations: Baby briefly takes on a form that looks the same as base Vegeta but with red lines across his face before powering up into a Super Saiyan.
- Super Saiyan
Main article: Super Saiyan
After Baby Vegeta transforms into a Super Saiyan, he has red lines across his face, crosshair-like lines on his eyes (a common trait among Machine Mutants) and silvery white hair and black eyes in place of the golden blond and green eyes typically seen of Super Saiyans. By combining the power of Vegeta with the energy he has absorbed from his former hosts, Baby's strength becomes even greater and he is able to fight on par with the tailless Super Saiyan 3 kid Goku.
- Strongest Form 1
Main article: Strongest Form 1
In this form Baby is known as Super Baby Vegeta or Super Baby (スーパーベビー). It is also called Super Baby (Strongest Form 1) in the Dragon Ball GT Perfect Files. Once Baby Vegeta gathers energy from Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Bulla, Vegeta's body goes through further developments. These include an increase of muscle mass that rips apart his shirt, his eyes becoming blue-colored visors, red lines sprawling across his chest and forehead, the acquiring of large metallic shoulder pads, and Vegeta's hair returning to its original length. Upon reaching this form, Baby says he is now the strongest being in the universe, a claim which is confirmed by Goku. Baby does not assume this form for long, as he soon gains enough energy from his followers to prompt a further transformation.
- Strongest Form 2
Main article: Strongest Form 2
In this form Baby is known as Super Baby Vegeta 2 or Super Baby 2 (スーパーベビー２). It is also called Super Baby (Strongest Form 2) in the Dragon Ball GT Perfect Files. It is arguably the most well-known incarnation of Baby; After sapping his mind slaves of their energies worldwide, Baby again transforms, his being dominating Vegeta's body so much that it bears a great resemblance to his real form. He now wears a black bodysuit with red and gold-colored gloves, boots and shoulder pads. His physical structure also has been completely altered, now bearing almost no resemblance to Vegeta, but rather mimicking a humanoid version of Baby's adult form. With this new strength, he defeats Uub both before and after the fusion with Majin Buu, as well as Super Saiyan 3 Goku with a tail. However, Baby soon finds himself at the mercy of Super Saiyan 4 Goku. This is until the possessed Bulma is able to target Baby with the Blutz Wave Generator.
This form might be a version of Vegeta as a Super Saiyan 3; the first volume of the Dragon Ball GT Perfect Files states that "Strongest Form 2, which resembles Super Saiyan 3"; this claim is supported by the fact that the form lacks eyebrows and has the augmented browline, Vegeta could have used Baby's extra power to reach the form, and also because of Baby Vegeta's previous two forms can be seen as his equivalents to Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2. Additionally, in the video game Scouter Battle Taikan Kamehameha, Super Saiyan 4 has 1.25x the power of Super Saiyan 3, and Baby's Golden Great Ape form has around 1.2x the power of his Super Baby 2 form, suggesting that it is Super Saiyan 3. Additionally it is noted in the Dragon Ball GT Perfect Files that his hair is longer in this state than in his previous forms - one of which is confirmed to be Super Saiyan, and the other of which is implied to be Super Saiyan 2. The extremely long hair might be absent due to Baby shaping it to match his own appearance.
- Golden Great Ape
Main article: Golden Great Ape
Great Ape Baby (大猿ベビー Ōzaru Bebi) is the form that Baby achieved after receiving Blutz Waves from Bulma's Blutz Wave Generator. Baby takes this form after receiving 1,000 times the normal amount of Blutz Waves. Baby transforms into a Golden Great Ape. This is his strongest form, as shown when he easily pounded Super Saiyan 4 Goku. Despite his immense size, he is surprisingly fast as he was able to keep up with the much smaller Goku for a time.
Like Goku in this form, he has golden fur that covers most of his body but retains the "armor" that Baby naturally possesses. His eyes are different from normal Great Apes, as is his skin, which is blue colored rather than the brown color that normal Great Apes have. Like all the other Great Apes and Golden Great Apes, he is much larger than his normal form. It is shown that his fist is bigger than adult Goku's entire body. Unlike most Great Apes, Baby is in absolute control of his actions (due to Baby being the one in control, while Vegeta, his host body, is the one who became the ape). However, he does pretend to be berserk at first to "play" with his newly acquired power. As his battle with Goku went on, he began to show signs of delirium and lose control due to his actual increasing rage, brought on by Goku's taunting (a weakness in Baby that Goku had discovered in their previous fight). In this form, Baby's mouth does not move when he talks. In the English dub, dialogue was added to have Baby state that this is due to telepathy. Originally, there was no such explanation.
At first, the blind rage among Great Apes appeared to have gotten the best of the parasite, until it is revealed that this was simply an act demonstrated to test out his newfound power. After this, his first action was to pound Goku to death, which he was doing quite effortlessly. After beating Goku senselessly, he then wanted to destroy the Earth with his charged Super Galick Gun, which Goku countered with his 10X Kamehameha, but was severely overpowered. The aftershock of the blast paralyzed Baby for a few moments. Just when Goku was about to meet his end, Trunks arrived and shot Baby in the eye, temporarily blinding him. Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Pan circled around Goku and began to transfer their energy into him, increasing his power dramatically. On top of that, Majuub was damaging Baby Vegeta from the inside (showing he did not die when turned into a piece of chocolate) bringing him down to Goku's level. After Goku was fully charged, he then proceeded to battle and defeat Baby. After the fight, he cut off his tail turning himself back into Baby Vegeta. Seeing he was outnumbered and outclassed, Baby left Vegeta's body and attempted to flee the planet.
- Perfect Form
After being defeated by Goku, Baby desperately escapes Vegeta's body. His form here is similar to his teenage form, except aged to an apparent adulthood, resembling Baby Vegeta's body, except the bodysuit is dark blue instead of black. His liquefaction appears to have advanced to the point where he can mold into other shapes, first appearing as a ball, for example. In a fit of mindless panic, Baby attempts to flee the planet. However, he is blasted by Goku's 10x Kamehameha, and hurled into the Sun where he is finally destroyed along with his spaceship.
While he never gets a chance to fight, Baby's adult form is extremely powerful, as Trunks had previously noted that upon achieving this perfect form, Baby would have power greater than anything else (at the time) - implying that he would at least be stronger than Super Saiyan 3 Goku. Additionally, it is stated by Baby that he now requires larger hosts as he couldn't remain in Vegeta's body once it reverted to base. As a result, Baby requires giant sized hosts such as Saiyans in their Great Ape or Golden Great Ape form, or giant monsters like Hirudegarn.
- Baby Trunks
- Strongest Form 1
Main article: Strongest Form 1
Super Baby Trunks is the result of Baby choosing to have Trunks as his primary host instead of a temporary one, Baby has Trunks transform into Strongest Form 1.
This form is playable in Dragon Ball Heroes starting from GDM6.
- Villainous Mode
Main article: Villainous Mode Baby is given the evil energy power up by Demigra's Wormhole in Dragon Ball Xenoverse. When using the power-up, Baby's eyes glow red, his skin darkens, he gains a purple and black aura temporarily, causing his power to increase.
- Baby Hirudegarn
Main article: Hirudegarn
In Dragon Ball Fusions Baby infects Hirudegarn at one point in the story, becoming Baby Hirudegarn, and fights Tekka and his allies with a team of his own. After being defeated, Baby is forced out of Hirudegarn and escapes.
- Baby Janemba
Main article: Baby Janemba
Baby Janemba (ジャネンバベビー Janenba Bebī) is the combination of the two super villains Baby and Janemba; this is the form assumed when Baby fuses with Janemba. Like Super Janemba, Baby Janemba also has a Majin state. Baby Janemba was introduced in the arcade game Dragon Ball Heroes, where he uses the Hell Gate as his special attack. He also appears in the spin-off manga Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission. Along with King of Destruction Janemba, King of Destruction Baby Janemba was introduced in the Dragon Ball Heroes in the fifth mission of the Jaaku Mission series (JM5).
- Baby Hatchiyack
Main article: Baby Hatchiyack
Baby Hatchiyack (ハッチヒャックベビー Hatchiyack Bebi) is the combination of Baby and his fellow Tuffle Machine Hatchiyack. This form is revealed in Dragon Ball Heroes, introduced in the sixth mission of the God Mission series (GDM6).
Video Game Appearances
- Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout
- Dragon Ball GT: Transformation
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle Taikan Kamehameha - Omee to Fusion
- Dragon Ball Z: Bakuretsu Impact
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
- Dragon Ball Z: Scouter Battle Taikan Kamehameha - Ora to Omee to Scouter
- Dragon Ball Z: W Bakuretsu Impact
- Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World
- Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Battlers
- Dragon Ball Heroes
- Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden
- Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle
- Dragon Ball Fusions
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
In Budokai Tenkaichi 3, there is a special dialogue between Baby and King Vegeta with King Vegeta stating "Oh, it's one of those Tuffles we destroyed long ago. Seems we missed one."
In Xenoverse, Great Ape Baby makes an appearance in the form of DLC as a boss fight in both the game`s story mode and the Parallel Quest, Revenge of the Tuffle.
In Xenoverse 2, Super Baby 2's Clothes appear as an equipable outfit for the Future Warrior. The entire outfit can be obtained as a gift from one of Majin Buu's fission offspring if they give food to one with a yellow skin coloration. Great Ape Baby also returns as a boss character. Super Baby 2 appears as a playable character in the Extra Pack 3 DLC. He also appears on Conton City Radio mocking and challenging the Time Patrol to try and stop his plans. Super Baby 2 appears in several New Parallel Quest time fragment timelines.
- Japanese: Yūsuke Numata
- Latin American Spanish dub: Uraz Huerta (infancy) and Enrique Mederos (adulthood)
- Spanish dub: Alejandro Albaiceta
- Portuguese dub: João Loy
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Sergio Rufino
- Italian dub: Luca Sandri
- German dub: Gerald Schaale
- Greek dub: Panagiotis Tsitsas
- Hebrew dub: Dani Geva
- Hungarian dub: Kossuth Gábor
- Catalan dub: Xavier Cassan
- Dragon Ball GT
- Baby (Infant Form) vs. Goku, Trunks, and Pan
- Baby (Infected Rildo) vs. Goku, Trunks, and Pan
- Baby (Infant Form) vs. Goku, Trunks, and Pan
- Baby (Infected Trunks) vs. Goku and Pan
- Baby (Infected Hammer, Ax, Dollar, and Ronge) vs. Goten
- Baby (Boy Body) vs. Goten (Base/Super Saiyan)
- Baby (Infected Goten/Super Saiyan) vs. Gohan (Base/Super Saiyan)
- Baby (Infected Gohan/Super Saiyan) vs. Piccolo
- Baby (Infected Gohan/Base/Super Saiyan) and Goten (Baby Infected) vs. Vegeta (Base/Super Saiyan)
- Baby (Baby Vegeta/Super Saiyan) vs. Giru
- Baby (Baby Vegeta/Super Saiyan/Strongest Form 1/Strongest Form 2) vs. Goku (Base/Super Saiyan 3)
- Baby (Strongest Form 2) vs. Uub
- Baby (Strongest Form 2) vs. Uub (Majuub)
- Baby (Strongest Form 2) vs. Goku (Super Saiyan 3)
- Baby (Strongest Form 2) vs. Goku (Golden Great Ape)
- Baby (Strongest Form 2/Golden Great Ape) vs. Goku (Super Saiyan 4)
- Baby (Golden Great Ape) vs. Pan
- Baby Vegeta (Golden Great Ape) vs. Trunks (Base/Super Saiyan)
- Baby (Golden Great Ape) vs. Goku (Super Saiyan 4)
- Baby (Golden Great Ape) vs. Uub (Majuub)
- Baby (Golden Great Ape) vs. Goku (Super Saiyan 4)
- Baby (Perfect Form) vs. Goku (Super Saiyan 4)
- His name is a testament to his being what Dr. Myuu refers to as his "baby".
- It is unknown if Baby in the Golden Great Ape form can communicate telepathically but cannot speak or if it is otherwise.
- Even more oddly, in the Budokai Tenkaichi series, Great Ape Baby seems to be able to speak.
- At the very end of the credits of Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy, with all the main heroes walking by, strangely Baby is the only GT villain seen, flying by alongside Piccolo, Dende, and Uub.
- In all other dubs (including the Blue Water dub and the Original Japanese dub) except the Funimation dub, every time Baby Goten and Baby Gohan speak, Baby's voice is heard from them (except in some time when he pretenses his real voice so he wouldn't be recognized (as in Baby Vegeta when he was talking to others). In the Funimation dub, all possessed forms (other than Baby Vegeta and Baby Trunks) speak with their hosts' voices.
- After Baby takes over Vegeta's body (Funimation dub), If one listens carefully Baby's voice seems to possess a reverberating nature over itself.
- A reference to Baby Vegeta is hinted in Dragon Ball Super with the appearance of Duplicate Vegeta. Also such enemy steals Vegeta's strength, has got vertical lines on his face and tries to take control of more people.
- When Baby first possesses Vegeta, his voice doesn't change. But as Super Baby, his voice gets slightly deeper and gains a mechanical hollow effect. Yet in the Budokai Tenkaichi series, Baby Vegeta's voice doesn't have the vocal effect.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dragon Ball Z: Scouter Battle Taikan Kamehameha - Ora to Omee to Scouter, 2007
- ↑ Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X, 2017
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Dragon Ball GT Perfect Files, 1997
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Dragon Ball Heroes, 2010
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Budokai Tenkaichi series
- ↑ Baby Vegeta transforms in the same way as a Super Saiyan transformation. Goku later states that Baby Vegeta is a Super Saiyan.
- ↑ Dragon Ball GT episode 29, "The Fall of the Saiyans"