"You're not bad, junior."
Aka (アカ) is a fictional character in the Dragon Ball franchise. He makes his debut (and ultimately, his only appearance) in the 2008 film Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!, the first film adaptation of Dragon Ball Z since 1995's Wrath of the Dragon. He is the result of a fusion between brothers Abo and Kado.
Brothers Abo and Kado were once soldiers who served Frieza, ranking in the same tier as the Ginyu Force, as Vegeta explains in hindsight. Two years after the defeat of Kid Buu, Vegeta's estranged brother Tarble, accompanied by his wife Gure, flee to Earth to seek Vegeta's assistance in defeating the brother duo, whom Tarble confesses have since become as powerful as Frieza and have been terrorizing a remote star which he calls home. Abo and Kado pursuit Tarble and Gure to Earth using Saiyan Pods, where Trunks and Goten are unleashed on the two. After struggles from both sides, Abo and Kado fuse into Aka, prompting Trunks and Goten to fuse into Gotenks and incite another battle. When Aka begins demonstrating a significantly devastating power, Goku and Vegeta prepare to destroy him, however Goku plays a trick on Vegeta, distracting him and giving Goku a chance to use Instant Transmission and defeat Aka alone.
- Destructive Energy Wave
- Flight, the ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Super Destructive Energy Wave
- Japanese dub: Yasunori Masutani
- Aka bares some resemblance to Dodoria, another former henchman of Frieza. This can be attributed to comparing body builds and the spiky appendages which scale their bodies. He also has a horn similar to that of Majin Buu.
- Aka is among four primary villains from Dragon Ball Z films who do not appear in any video games spun off by the series. The other three characters are Bio-Broly, Abo and Kado.