This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forum → Blank userbox||Post|
Hey Dragon Ball Wiki users, I have something to discuss. So I was browsing the Left 4 Dead wiki, when I came across this. It allows users to create userboxes. I thought it was pretty cool. So guys, what do you think? Should we import this idea to the Dragon Ball Wiki, or not?
Personally, I think this would be a great idea to implant to this wiki. Heck, good ones could be sent to admins. If they fit the quality of a userbox, they could be used.
- In my opinion, the current system is better, more clear and easier to use. Take a look at the coding for this user box, the coding is pretty clear. At any rate, any user can create their own user box if they wish, not just admins. 12:17, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Eh, I just find this one easier to do. But your the admin, so :X.
- I found both to be very easy to use.SuperSaiyan3Broly 15:13, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
- You spelt neutral wrong. :X
Uh, I'm not sure why this discussion is really necessary. As SSJ4 Lewich already said, any user can create template and userboxes. Many of the user templates on here use a standard userbox template which itself can be found here. In fact, there are more parameters, so more varied and intricate userboxes can be made with the way we already have. But again, that's just my opinion as a programmer, NOT as an admin. No one is going to stop you from using different style coding on something outside of the articles on this Wiki. If you like the style, then you are welcome to create templates with it, and then place them on the templates page. Does that help? 16:31, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Exactly, and may I also point out, just because we are admins, does not make our opinion more important than others. 16:58, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
Alright, discussion over than. Please add the blank template thing, though.
- I didn't say you had to end the discussion, you asked for my opinion, and I gave you it. There is already such thing, as DragonBallZGTGoku pointed out 17:06, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
It's not something WE need to add. You can just start using that coding style. You may need to create some new pages and copy and paste some of the base code that it uses, but that's about it, and it can start being used. 17:08, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, as the others said there's really no need to discuss this. Wiki editors are encouraged to be bold! If it's a serious matter that affects how the whole community is going to edit (IE, consensus for rules/manuals/extensions) that's one thing, but if all you want is a new template, just go ahead and make one. In the unlikely event that it causes issues for the wiki, someone will mark it for deletion, discussion will happen if necessary, and it will get deleted. Happy editing, and if you want assistance learning the in's and out's of creating a template, leave me a message on my talk page! :-) -- 06:30, August 18, 2010 (UTC)