"That was a new experience. Now it's my turn."
Drum is King Piccolo's fourth son following his release. He's a large, humanoid, frog-like Namekian, and very much resembles his brother Tambourine in appearance and outfit, with the exception of a more emerald shade of green skin and the lack of wings, as well as being much larger than Tambourine, with his structure being like his other brother Cymbal.
Even though he's the shortest-lived son of King Piccolo, up to this point he was the strongest since King Piccolo created him when he was in his prime. King Piccolo spits him out just as Tien arrives to try and trap King Piccolo in the Evil Containment Wave. Drum attacks Tien, and clobbers him quite easily, and at one point is almost trapped himself with the technique. Later, Goku arrives, at which point Goku flies at him and kills him with a single kick to the head. His body is later destroyed by King Piccolo during his fight with Goku. Like all of King Piccolo's sons, Drum is sent to Hell after his death, though he is never seen again.
- Drums name is a pun of the Musical instrument, the Drum.
- Goku kills Drum much like Tambourine killed Krillin, with one kick to the head, though Drum's death is slightly more graphic.
- Drum and Tambourine are among the few of King Piccolo's spawn who bear any resemblance to ordinary Namekians.
- Though he's never seen flying, it's probable that he could (using ki), like his brothers, Piano and Piccolo Jr., who also lacked wings.
- Drum is strangely the first Namekian portrayed with purple blood. (In the anime there is a scene where Tien Shinhan punches him in the face and blood comes out of his apparent nose.)
- Drum's character model makes a brief appearance in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and later its sequel as part of one of King Piccolo's attacks, Your name is Drum, where King Piccolo spits out an egg and it hatches into Drum; Drum then attacks the opponent.
- He appears in the Dragon Ball: Advance Adventure game as one of the strongest bosses, with the additional ability to fire electric blasts. His speed is reflected in that it appears that he's teleporting rather then moving.
- Drum is the only one of King Piccolo's sons besides Piano (who never fights) to not use any ki attacks.
- Japanese Dub: Daisuke Gori
- FUNimation Dub: Dan Woren
- Latin American Dub: Mario Sauret
|Cymbal • Kami • Katas • King Piccolo • Piano • Piccolo Jr. • Tambourine • Goku • Tien|