Hello, and welcome to DBR: Scholar edition. Today, we will be looking at ten things that Dragon Ball GT did BETTER than Dragon Ball Super.
5. Transformations. I love Ultra Instinct and Super Saiyan God, both are brilliant concepts and both look amazing, especially in the Tournament of Power. But Super Saiyan Four is honestly so much cooler than either of them. Not only is the design fantastic, but the concept and execution are both just as good. And the Golden Oozaru is pretty cool too, it's not as cool as SSJ God, but it's leaps and bounds above SSJ Blue.
4. The Animation. Now, the reason why Super looked...the way it did wasn't because of Animators no caring or being lazy, but because they were super rushed. *Was that Pun intended?* Now, the art work during the Tournament of Power far surpasses GT, but if we're looking at the two shows as a whole, then GT does top Super in the looks department, at least overall.
3. Villains. Dragon Ball Super doesn't really have a lot of Villains when you think about it. Beerus isn't a villain, Freeza is a Dragon Ball Z villain, Hit isn't a Villain, and neither is Jiren. And even though I like Goku Black, he was eventually ruined by his attachment to Zamasu. I love Moro, both as a design and as a concept, but the over saturation of forms and Power ups ruined him for me. Meanwhile, GT is over here with actually some pretty good villains. Baby is great, as we all know, but there are others. I absolutely love Nuova Shenron and Eis Shenron, and even Omega Shenron is cool, even General Rildo and Ledgic are pretty good.
2. The theme song. I fricken love Limit Break X Survivor. It's a head banging tune that gets me pumped every time I listen to it. I will say that Dan Dan doesn't get me as pumped as Limit Break X Survivor, but Dan Dan is a slightly better song, I feel.
1. Lore. The additions to the lore are much better, at the moment, then Dragon Ball Super. Baby being a tuffle parasite who has legitimate beef with the Saiyans, and the Shadow Dragons being born from over use of the Dragon Balls.